Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2020, 10:01 pm

I remember seeing this interview on YouTube .

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 10:16 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
This topic tends to come up a lot in both the autism and ABDL community. While I am part of both(More DL than AB) I never considered it a part of being on the spectrum and just an entirely separate thing. I wonder why other fetishes are never mentioned though or people try to relate it to autism?

Me personally I wear for comfort reasons, such as feeling safe, it makes me feel more my age mentally(mentally I feel like I'm 15-17 sometimes younger), and the material feels much better than regular underwear(it feels snug like a hug which might help with sensory issues). When I don't wear I always feel like a part of me is missing.

Can't speak for the AB side, have to ask someone more into that side than me.

Anyway, maybe it has something to do with autism and our brains developing differently(and slower for some).

I am curious as to what they mean by "help therapeutically". Do they mean help with coping and not feeling ashamed about their wanting to wear or do they want to try and get people to get rid of it all together? Cause the first one I'm cool with, if it's the latter then miss me with that noise.

Interesting...I mean if wearing a diaper makes you feel comfortable and secure I cannot see anything wrong with that and I think you shouldn't have to feel ashamed about it, not like it harms anyone. Of course its seems a little odd to me but also I think people should do things that they enjoy and that make them feel good even if its something I don't relate to, so long as its not hurting other people.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 10:21 pm

pyrrhicwren wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Deliberately being a baby is certainly not an autistic thing.

My thoughts exactly. So why are we wasting valuable research dollars on this topic?

The topic looked ridiculous. Why is this a thing? Possibly another route to waste research $$$$$$?

Well it is a thing...and its curious, so of course there will be people who want to research it and understand why people choose that lifestyle. I would be interested in the research, but I always find research into various human behaviors and lifestyles to be interesting, but perhaps not everyone finds it as interesting.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 10:26 pm

Absolutely damned disgusting habit.

I can see how autistics would be drawn to this; we don't always act like our age, but if this isn't taking it too far, then what is?

Not all diversity is positive.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 10:32 pm

Borromeo wrote:
Absolutely damned disgusting habit.

I can see how autistics would be drawn to this; we don't always act like our age, but if this isn't taking it too far, then what is?

Not all diversity is positive.

IDK why it would have to be disgusting though...its weird, but just doesn't seem like something that would really effect other people. Like if someone wants to wear a diaper or if they want to be part of a community complete with people who play the role as carer to the person acting as a baby so what? Don't see how it is supposed to effect me...unless they like force people into the baby role-play but I have not heard of that being a big problem so not too concerned about it.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 11:28 pm

I'm having a hard time seeing how people find it anything but disgusting. It's a sign of an incomplete personality; people who role-play as babies are not right.

And the sexual side of this...they need a psychologist, not a nursemaid.

Pack of bloody degenerates, the lot.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 8:09 am

The underlying condition, for the folks interviewed in that video, seems to be anxiety. Attacks of excessive anxiety. Being treated like a baby serves as a comforting retreat. Apparently. Seems like an extreme way to deal with it though.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 2:34 pm

Borromeo wrote:
I'm having a hard time seeing how people find it anything but disgusting. It's a sign of an incomplete personality; people who role-play as babies are not right.

To be honest - I don't get the appeal either.

Either the folks who play the baby role, or the folks they recruit to play the parent role. About the later: If you get your rocks off by changing the diapers of a grown up then....why don't you get a job in a nursing home for Cristsakes????

Turn your fetish into something useful for society why doncha?

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 10:22 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Borromeo wrote:

To be honest - I don't get the appeal either.

Either the folks who play the baby role, or the folks they recruit to play the parent role. About the later: If you get your rocks off by changing the diapers of a grown up then....why don't you get a job in a nursing home for Cristsakes????

Turn your fetish into something useful for society why doncha?

That's the one thing more disgusting than the whole idea of these people doing their thing to begin with.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 10:36 pm

Oh my yes, of course, anything weird and creepy, especially in a sexual way, would have to be done only by aspies.

Sarcasm. Duh! :roll:

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 8:09 am

I've heard of this "syndrome" but I don't know about it being related to autism though. I think there are some youtubers that do this too but I don't know the names of them or anything. Can't say its that "secret" if there are youtubers doing it ...

sport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2020, 10:33 am

I've been incontinent for yrs and wear diapers.I hate when being incontinent and having autism and mild mental problems they assume you are adult baby sucks.

Kyle2019
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2020, 1:57 pm

thanks it definitely will help me!

Elensar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2020, 5:43 pm

On at least one of the ABDL sites, there is a subgroup within that community that is ASD/Aspergers. This study seems to studying the overlap between the two groups. It is unknown if there is a greater prevalence of ASD/Aspergers in the ABDL community, but there seems to be a lot of them.

I myself have to admit that I am DL. Wires got crossed when I was a kid or something? Incidentally, ABDL/Infantilism/whatever you call it is not a "condition" or a disorder, from the point of view of the psychology community. It is what is known as a fetish or a kink. It is only considered a problem if it causes the individual significant distress, or interferes significantly with day to day living.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:53 pm

I don't normally judge but I find adult babies a bit creepy. What people do in their own homes is none of my business but when people film themselves as adult babies and put them on the internet begging people to accept it and even trying to normalise it is just...not wrong but just creepy. Once I saw a video on YouTube of a woman who dressed up as a baby and acted like a baby, and it kept freaking me out when she giggled.

It's cool to keep stuffed animals and collect toys and even play with them. But I don't see what's so appealing to a non-incontinent adult putting diapers on to deliberately poop and pee, and then lay on the floor and kick their legs with a pacifier in their mouth. Yes I know the same old "don't judge, they're not hurting anyone" cliche will come up but it's understandable that many people will find this quite freaky and also gross.

But whatever floats your boat I guess.

KristopherGreen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2024, 3:00 pm

Hello this is my first post here and I joined because I had to say something. I was diagnosed with Asperger‘s at the age of five and in my early 30s now. Some stereotypes ARE true in life sometimes. It doesn’t mean generalize a group of people. I mean most men who love Cher are gay, but that doesn’t mean all male Cher fans. Cummon people.

I’ve been into diapers because I feel comforted by them and they make me feel safe. I started wearing them since I’m urge incontinent, but could technically live without them. I go into a panic panic that feels like a stroke if I get a sensory overload like being at a concert. The saggy warmth of my diaper is a mental focus point to distract difficult situations that are affecting me emotionally.

The texture very much has to do with why many of us wear them. Most of the time nothing about it is sexual. I’m diapered 24/7 365 days a year. I rarely use a toilet to pee.

As to why many lower functioning autistics wear is for other reasons or multiple reasons. I honestly pee 40 times a day not exaggerating. I am not an adult baby I’m comfortable being a grown man. I wish people should stop assuming those drawn to the security of diapers doesn’t have to do with age regression. That’s another topic.