Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 10:48 am

Angnix wrote:
Saturday, I had a public meltdown after two ladies in my building were fighting verbally.

Today was the building's holiday party. When I showed up, one of the ladies involved in the fight looked at me, flapped her hands and mocked my meltdown. Everyone else laughed... Okay, I did say a curse to her, but I ran off in tears and ended up in the hospital...

To make it worse, the lady lives there because she has a disability of her own.

I was teased extensively as a child and highly triggered by this.... I don't understand how people can be so cruel...

I was also made fun of to an extreme when I was young everywhere I went, even at home. To this DAY, people at places I've worked mocked my eye tics, until I explain it to them. I've been laughed at and humiliated also. We're all one family here. I understand. That lady showed you who she really is and she's definitely not worthy of your frienship. Peace.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 11:24 pm

@ OP: My NT sister and I can both relate to you. We both were early bloomers and it got to the point where my sister needed to see a psychiatrist as she began her adolescent years and I was picked on a lot of pair of bullies, but also two teachers who believed picking on vulnerable students was okay.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 11:39 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
We both were early bloomers and it got to the point where my sister needed to see a psychiatrist as she began her adolescent years and I was picked on a lot of pair of bullies, but also two teachers who believed picking on vulnerable students was okay.

My 3rd grade teacher also did the same and was the reason I went through 2 days of tests. :C

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 8:05 pm

pyrrhicwren wrote:
We both were early bloomers and it got to the point where my sister needed to see a psychiatrist as she began her adolescent years and I was picked on a lot of pair of bullies, but also two teachers who believed picking on vulnerable students was okay.

My 3rd grade teacher also did the same and was the reason I went through 2 days of tests.

Tests for what? :?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 8:23 pm

At least these callous people give us important information: avoid them as they are toxic human beings not worthy of your time, consideration or attention.

I have two awful neighbours. One dumped her rubbish on my cat's grave. Yep, there are some low lifes out there. They get their kicks trying to cause psychological and emotional pain to others. I sometimes hope there is a special place in hell for them, at my angriest.

However most of my neighbours are civilised people, thank goodness. The other two are white trash 100%

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 11:15 pm

pyrrhicwren wrote:

My 3rd grade teacher also did the same and was the reason I went through 2 days of tests.

Tests for what? :?

I apologize for the connotative leap there AA. I was also the most picked on person by everyone and very bad. It was at school by classmates, 2 of my teachers, then at home, and everywhere I went. In 3rd grade my teacher who did not talk to me but only to say something negative in front of the class, also told the principal that i was making faces at him. This was due to faces tics, that I needed glasses (squinting), and that my dad was beating me almost every day of the week (hard) which made me more withdrawn and quiet, and that I would spend near 100% of the day after school alone in a room having to be in total silence.

So I was kicked out of school temporarily and sent to a place across town for 2 days to take multiple tests. From what I can remember they were hundreds of questions, similar to MBTI, IQ tests with spacial puzzles, and something similar to an AQ. 2 weeks later when all was scored they had me at being in 9th grade for some subjects and 12th grade for most. Before that test though, I was stealing butcher paper from a closet and a mechanical pencil to draw massive 3-d models of mansion sized houses. I wanted to be an architect for about 10 yrs but that dream died with the sadness of the way I grew up.

They knew something was wrong but Mr. Asperger's findings in the 40's weren't accepted in the US until the 1990's. The tests I took were in around 1985. So I was mainstreamed and tried my hardest to be normal, though it didn't work out too well. I am at the point where I can't even function to do the most simple tasks although I know a lot. I wish I grew up on a farm.

Happy new year AA

questor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 5:22 pm

I had to put up with hell as a kid, and teen, and young adult. I rarely have to deal with this problem anymore, but there are still some jerks out there. Fortunately, most people outgrow being jerks, so most adults I encounter are okay, but on rare occasions I still encounter adult jerks who chose not to outgrow being jerks. Just remember, they are their own worst enemy. Bad people have a tendency to put themselves in bad situations, so eventually they will find themselves in a mess of their own making, and end up punishing themselves. This concept has helped me deal with the desire for revenge.

I hope you don't have many more dealings with your local jerks.