What seperates good weird from bad weird?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 11:45 pm

College students are confusing. Right so I know that there is good weird and bad weird but I have no idea how you are supposed to know where you fit on them or what makes you one or the other. I feel like I should be bad weird. I have an issue with volume control and even when I think I'm being quiet I am apparently quite loud and my friends and I talk about weird things. For example today I was telling them about a murder and kidnapping cases I'd heard on the radio. There was only four of us so I was kinda quiet (or what I thought quiet was) but apparently not enough because my tutor heard when she came in so I had to explain to my whole tutor. I often get asked how I know all this stuff with people looking disturbed. I also blurt out inappropriate things and don't realise till I see people's reactions. To top it off I found out just last week you are supposed to smile at people when you make eye contact with them in passing. Until that point I was just staring into their souls or would turn and not look at them/unintentionally ignore them which made at least one person sigh. In my presentation for German everyone laughed at me as I stumbled my way through a paragraph with a few graphic terms. By all accounts I should be bad weird and have people stay away from me no?

But they don't and much to my horror (horror as I m confused and so cannot trust it, not because I am not appreciative, I would be if it felt right) I seem to be well liked despite these and people seem to show me affection. If accidentally blurting out something looks a bit BDSM or talking in great detail about true crime a little too loudly by accident is not enough to be bad weird what makes someone bad weird? This may be a hard question but I wanted to know if anyone had literally ANY insight on what makes someone fall into either category because I am confused. I put this here because we people on the spectrum are often branded with some sort of weird and perhaps any feedback can help others out??

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 6:41 am

I can relate to your confusion, I don't know if something I do or say is good/bad weird until I observe other response and I've given up on finding a logical pattern. I avoid obvious bad weird things like saying creepy stuff

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 7:15 am

aquafelix wrote:
I can relate to your confusion, I don't know if something I do or say is good/bad weird until I observe other response and I've given up on finding a logical pattern. I avoid obvious bad weird things like saying creepy stuff

I try my best to do the same/hide what I say that is creepy but sadly oftentimes don't realise till I've seen the reaction. That's when I apologise loads. It feels like the scales could shift at literally any time but I doubt that is the case. It's confusing.