Christianity Today Demands Trump's Removal from Office.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 10:29 am

Quote:
"Whether Mr. Trump should be removed from office by the Senate or by popular vote next election -- that is a matter of prudential judgment," Christianity Today's editor in chief, Mark Galli, wrote in the op-ed.  "That he should be removed, we believe, is not a matter of partisan loyalties but loyalty to the Creator of the Ten Commandments."

Galli, who told CNN's John Berman on Friday he is leaving the publication, continued, "We believe the impeachment hearings have made it absolutely clear, in a way the Mueller investigation did not, that President Trump has abused his authority for personal gain and betrayed his constitutional oath.  The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president's moral deficiencies for all to see."

"None of the president's positives can balance the moral and political danger we face under a leader of such grossly immoral character," he added.

"To the many evangelicals who continue to support Mr. Trump in spite of his blackened moral record, we might say this: Remember who you are and whom you serve," Galli wrote.  "Consider how your justification of Mr. Trump influences your witness to your Lord and Savior. Consider what an unbelieving world will say if you continue to brush off Mr. Trump's immoral words and behavior in the cause of political expediency."

Source: This Christianity Today article.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 20 Dec 2019, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 11:02 am

Hmm; Perhaps THere
is Still Hope the
'Christian God Exists';
Of Course it is telling that
The Editor in Chief of 'Christian Today' is Leaving His Position After Writing 'This Op-Ed.
'Men/WoMen' In 'Power And Status' Tend to be the 'Weakest Souls'; until they become "Meek" again.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 11:10 am

Trump dismissed the criticism on Friday morning, calling Christianity Today a "far left magazine" and drawing a contrast between himself and the Democrats seeking the 2020 presidential nomination.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump wrote:
A far left magazine, or very "progressive," as some would call it, which has been doing poorly and hasn't been involved with the Billy Graham family for many years, Christianity Today, knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call and would rather have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President. No President has done more for the Evangelical community, and it's not even close. You’ll not get anything from those Dems on stage. I won’t be reading ET again!

So now evangelical Christians are "far left" and "progressives" to this president.  How much further removed from reality can this man get?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 11:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-MXMO9euGU

Additionally; i wish/hope/pray the Catholic Church i Visit as a Participant Anthropology Observer From Pope to Priest to Folks Who Collect the Money Behind the Back Row Pews Will Have the Soul; The 'Integrity' to 'Call a Spade What a Spade is' too; And Call for the Removal of President Trump at Most; And at Least Quit offering the Blind Faith in Support For Him
From The 'Altar' for 3 Years for All 'They' Name as Love and 'Common Human Decency'. We are Talking About a President
who just recently Actually Bullied a 16-Year Old Girl With Asperger's Syndrome for Winning Person of the Year on the 'Time Magazine Cover' versus 'His Political Antics'; And 15,000 Other Lies too; Perhaps someone with a 'Really Good Memory' Should Write it all Down in one Paragraph; All the Grinch Deeds This Man has Done in His Entire Life; but i
do not want to get warned for 'A Novel Length' Paragraph on this Website; "Some Folks" Have taken notice of it all.

i listened to a Priest When Trump got Elected tell the Congregation then How Thrilled the Catholic Church was
to Have a New Trump Administration as the Obama Administration with 'the Advent' of Gay Marriage as intimated
Created a Country that the 'Catholic Church' Could No Longer Recognize; Considering that it provided the RIGHT
for a Close Family Member to Marry their Life Long Partner; And Considering that Family Member Has seen a
Certain Priest at a Gay Bar in Her Lifetime at least; the Hypocrisy was too much; maybe he was just visiting A
Friend'; Never the Less, i considered what he said in Church a Purest Example of Human Evil intimating that Human
Rights; Basic Human Civil Rights; Made His Home Country a place that was not recognizable anymore to 'His Church'.

A Woman in the Front Row; 'crazy enough' to Speak up Stood Up and Yelled; NO NOT Trump Not for my Country;
or at least Words to that effect; The Priest Quietly patronized her passion and said we will talk about it later.

i sat down through the Nicene Creed; i only repeat the parts i believe in already; after all i am just a Participant
Anthropology Observer; and just about the only person with a voice loud enough to hear when the 'Love Songs'
Play from the Choir up front; other than the Choir.

There is one thing that is real and that is the Human Spirit; The Spirit that Breathes; Not Unlike the Wind that comes back.

There is one thing that continues to exist when it does not die in Life; and that is the Force; the Force of Love for All.

This is what is missing from 'the Church'; This is what almost always dies Trapped in Four Walls or a Book.

The Sin Against 'the Spirit'; the Dark Force; has ruled much too long 'tween Walls and Covers of
Books in Ignorance of Love;

The Light; i dance
i sing; no walls or
books will Hold the
Love of my Soul,
at least for what
i name as Real God Within.

Anyway; Kudos goes out to at least
One Man with A Spine of Justice in Truth; at least until he leaves 'his office' too From the Realm of 'Evangelical Leaders'.

Whenever i Hear the Word Jesus or God or whatever Label there is; All i 'see' is Love; Makes Life Simple, Good and True.

So, in the Theme Song i am linking Here; Just for proof i am practically the only one heard in the Congregation
Who Sings; As otherwise, the iPhone my Wife was using to Record me would have picked up voices other than
mine; While the Song may Say 'Here i am Lord'; my Interpretation is 'Here i am Love'; otherwise it would Sound Selfish;
For Whoever it is directed at Other Than Love; other than Truth in Light that is not a disguise itself in Power and Status.

Additionally; i am speaking to the Op Here; not the one behind the Op; just to be clear; as that helps too.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 1:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
Trump dismissed the criticism on Friday morning, calling Christianity Today a "far left magazine" and drawing a contrast between himself and the Democrats seeking the 2020 presidential nomination.
A far left magazine, or very "progressive," as some would call it, which has been doing poorly and hasn't been involved with the Billy Graham family for many years, Christianity Today, knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call and would rather have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President. No President has done more for the Evangelical community, and it's not even close. You’ll not get anything from those Dems on stage. I won’t be reading ET again!

So now evangelical Christians are "far left" and "progressives" to this president.  How much further removed from reality can this man get?

Anyone who dares to disagree with Dear Leader is suddenly 'far-left', even when they're actually conservatives. His base seem to think that left vs. right is determined by a single issue, with that issue being do they unquestioningly support Trump.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 20 Dec 2019, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 1:31 pm

It’s about time someone in the Evangelical Christianity camp called a spade a spade.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 2:14 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
It’s about time someone in the Evangelical Christianity camp called a spade a spade.

And God-Emperor Donald excommunicated them by labelling them as part of the far-left. It isn't politically correct to call a spade a spade these days. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 2:25 pm

Sure, look who would become president ...

Be the hero of your life.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 2:34 pm

Fnord wrote:

Trump is 'Swimming in Very Dangerous Waters Now'. If He Becomes A 'Fish' that 'Evangelical Christians'
Hate; He will be Nothing more than Shark Bait in the Next Election; He May Yet Find 'An Ideal' to Shoot
on 5th Avenue that he Will Not be Forgiven for by 'God' And All "God's Evangelical Glory" as that comes and goes....
Depending on Who Becomes the Target of 'Almighty Evangelical Wrath'; Trump Must Remember 'The Mirror' He looks
into; he many not always be the 'Fairest of them All' to Evangelicals If He Messes With 'Their Tribe'; Trump Doesn't
Have a Tribe; He is Forgetting the Tribe Principal Here; Yes, if he is not careful; Cannibalized as the outsider he
Truly Is; An Island of 'something'; doubt he even 'knows'....

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2019, 9:24 am

That’s if evangelical Christians bother to actually see, read, and comprehend the material in Trump’s tweets.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2019, 10:32 am

^^

Yeah, a lot of strict, evangelical Christians avoid social media. Of course, some use it, too.

Some strict evangelical Christians are surprisingly political. It often seems to boil down to abortion and/or they’ve mentally converged patriotism with their religious values.

Sometimes missionaries spread both Christian and American values. I find it intriguing.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2019, 2:49 pm

Not really very interesting, though the media are trying to make a thing out of it. Trump voting Christians are, by and large, under no illusions regarding Trump. They see him for what he is, a political hand grenade they helped gleefully lob into Washington, not the Second Coming.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2019, 5:48 pm

There are Trumpites who idolize the schmuck—alas!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 10:31 am

‘Christianity Today’ gets massive subscription boost after calling for Trump’s ouster

Quote:
The Christian magazine that published a blistering editorial calling for President Donald Trump’s removal from office over his "blackened moral record" has received a boost in subscribers despite a public backlash among leading evangelicals, according to the publication’s editor in chief.

Source: This NBC News Article.

I see a two-fold benefit: (1) More right-leaning Christians will likely come out of their closets to condemn our Demander In Chief, and (2) more left-leaning Christians will likely come out of their closets and declare their Christianity.

Win-Win!

:D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 10:34 am

I hope this current supersedes the current which might result from impeachment.

I hope this offsets the "Martyrdom of Trump."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 10:40 am

It's just another brick in the wall...