Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mouka
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 May 2020, 8:01 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
If there was a law requiring people to disclose that they have autism I feel like it'd be a smarter idea not to disclose that I have it... I can't imagine what reason that law would exist for, and I doubt it'd be a reason that's good for autistic people. I usually try to follow the rules since they make it easier to figure out what's expected of me and what I need to do, but this is one rule I'd probably break.

I agree with this. There's literally no reason that a bunch of politicians would get together and pass a law forcing people to disclose their disability unless that reason were a very bad and discriminatory one.

I'm pretty good at masking so I don't tell just anyone, but I also have epilepsy and even with that I'm a bit iffy on disclosing. I WOULD tell for a job though, because one time I didn't and it severely affected my performance in that job. But now I'm on disability and don't work.