Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 11:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
What does a Trump supporter look like? :roll:

Why not ask a psychologist
https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog ... key-traits

or as a psych prof told me decades back, "dissocial subset ASPD." the klan/tribal mentality. "you're either with us or against us."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 11:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

or as a psych prof told me decades back, "dissocial subset ASPD." the klan/tribal mentality. "you're either with us or against us."

Yep! that corresponds to points 3 and 4 from the 5 key characteristics in the link....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 11:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Yep! that corresponds to points 3 and 4 from the 5 key characteristics in the link....

it's competing modes of existence, one more primitive than the other. mediocrity only comprehends itself and views its betters as a threat at which it throws all its violent energy with the aim of total destruction or subjugation of said threat. you see this in many areas of life, from the micro level of a meme to the macro level of civilizations.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 1:56 am

Tollorin wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
This is not a consolation—but he did lose the popular vote.

He can very easily lose the 2020 election if a few states go the other way. Especially Florida, which he won by less than a percentage point in 2016.

I think what's more of a concern than whether Trump won the popular vote (or not) is the millions of erstwhile normal average intelligent Americans who thought it was a good idea to vote for a leader who represents the worst type of values in society. This is the mammoth in the room no American wants to talk about.

What about all the millions of Americans who voted for a war mongering corporate Dem who embodied the corruption that has infected our political system? That doesn't sound like a good idea either.

I voted for neither of them.

In the world of liberals words are worse than mass murdering brown children.

He do murder brown children: that's a thing ICE is doing.

What happened to the "speak softly, and carry a big stick" of Teddy Roosevelt by the way? Words have power, and they should be used carefully; particularly by the most powerful man in the world.

I'm not talking about illegal immigrants having their children put in detention centres. I'm talking about children being murdered by the state.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 12:19 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

He can very easily lose the 2020 election if a few states go the other way. Especially Florida, which he won by less than a percentage point in 2016.

I think what's more of a concern than whether Trump won the popular vote (or not) is the millions of erstwhile normal average intelligent Americans who thought it was a good idea to vote for a leader who represents the worst type of values in society. This is the mammoth in the room no American wants to talk about.

What about all the millions of Americans who voted for a war mongering corporate Dem who embodied the corruption that has infected our political system? That doesn't sound like a good idea either.

What happened to the "speak softly, and carry a big stick" of Teddy Roosevelt by the way? Words have power, and they should be used carefully; particularly by the most powerful man in the world.

I'm not talking about illegal immigrants having their children put in detention centres. I'm talking about children being murdered by the state.

There is children dying in those detention center because of the bad conditions!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm

That's not the same as murdering over 500,000 children. Some children have died in detention centres because they have come from the third world and had underlying health conditions. Their parents share the blame for dragging them across the region. But most of all the US is to blame with their foreign policy.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 2:21 pm

Tollorin wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

There is children dying in those detention center because of the bad conditions!

I'm not seeing anything about children dying in ICE centers. I did notice though that 2004 is the year that the most people died while in ICE custody.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 2:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
I'm not seeing anything about children dying in ICE centers. I did notice though that 2004 is the year that the most people died while in ICE custody.

Wtf?

It’s been headline news several times this year. Children dying of the flu, dehydration/exposure, I think one was an underlying heart condition etc. Several migrant kids have died in ICE custody this year & most of them would have lived if they were treated humanely.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 2:32 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
That's not the same as murdering over 500,000 children. Some children have died in detention centres because they have come from the third world and had underlying health conditions. Their parents share the blame for dragging them across the region. But most of all the US is to blame with their foreign policy.

No.
Those children died because of immediate dehydration, lack of medical care, etc. On top of that, a great many children have been traumatized by separation from their parents, making one fear how many suicides may result in the future. That's on the head of Trump, Miller, and their supporters.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 3:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

No.
Those children died because of immediate dehydration, lack of medical care, etc. On top of that, a great many children have been traumatized by separation from their parents, making one fear how many suicides may result in the future. That's on the head of Trump, Miller, and their supporters.

Don't even bother. You make excuses for the mass murder of children or make jokes about it. Your phony outrage over Trump is worthless.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 3:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Wtf?

It’s been headline news several times this year. Children dying of the flu, dehydration/exposure, I think one was an underlying heart condition etc. Several migrant kids have died in ICE custody this year & most of them would have lived if they were treated humanely.

Most of them would have been fine if the US hadn't have destroyed their country and made them feel like they needed to find somewhere else to live. Plus the liberals supporting open borders and welfare should be held to account.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 6:13 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

No.

Don't even bother. You make excuses for the mass murder of children or make jokes about it. Your phony outrage over Trump is worthless.

So you can't address my charges.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2019, 12:19 am

When nutjobs think mainstream news is fake when it's anti-Trump
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/why ... ISX3Jee7Rs

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2019, 12:22 am

^^^this amounts to a backhanded form of ethnic cleansing or even a culling.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2019, 12:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^this amounts to a backhanded form of ethnic cleansing or even a culling.

Nancy Pelosi thinks it's ethnic cleansing
https://www.theguardian.com/global/vide ... gain-video

I don't think she is wrong