I think my girlfriend might be pregnant

Page 19 of 19 [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 2:52 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Keep it warm, feed it, change it (the nappy, not for a different baby) and smile at it a lot. And don't get stressed.

Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do (Dr Benjamin Spock)

I don't agree that opposites attract.

However - you and Jane have created a beautiful thing.

Congratulations!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 3:29 am

I'm still shocked every time I remember that I now have a child. The last few months have tought me that I'm bad at parenting.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 6:51 am

Everybody is bad at parenting at first.

How old is she? Have you hit sleep regression? My sister thought she was going to go mad. The kid just would scream and scream and refuse to sleep.

All her husband saw of his kid was a screaming child when he got home from work. His life was work all day, come home and try and get a baby to sleep. They really felt useless.

But it passed. They got through it.

Every new thing is a new challenge for all of you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 7:27 am

beady
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 9:27 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I'm still shocked every time I remember that I now have a child. The last few months have tought me that I'm bad at parenting.

First, you are not a bad parent nor bad at parenting. You are only just getting started. Nobody knows wtf they are doing - maybe a pediatric nurse or someone like that has a really good clue but beyond that each child is gonna throw you some new shenanigans.

Babies need water, food (this comes together in breast milk or formula), their bottom kept dry, love, warmth, being kept clean, and seeing the doctor when needed. They are built to get on your nerves, that makes it hard to ignore them. I know I was not a perfect parent or even very good at it, I tried my best and I think I did better than some and less good than others. The less time we spend worrying about doing it right the more time we can spend just enjoying our kids.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 9:57 pm

How old is your daughter?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 11:42 pm

Retro, we’re only just past 2 months now. We got this!

Phoebe talks in her sleep. All. Night. Long. Best Friend just switched her over to cloth diapers and absolutely LOVES them. I like that it’s cheaper than disposables. Best Friend also wants another baby. Typical. :roll: I’m just looking forward to two months from now when we add rice to her formula and move her into her sister’s room. :twisted:

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2020, 11:49 pm

Hang in there. You have many skills you don't realize. Your child will become your best friend later on. It will have a good effect on you. Don't give up.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 9:36 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Congratulations Retro.
I am sure you are better than you think.