Page 15 of 20 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 5:21 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
So what are the Americans who start to get sick of all the mass shootings supposed to look for answers? Ignore it as not relevant where ideas of arming teachers is an intelligent answer?

We need to start examining the social alienation that occurs under capitalism.

Gun control does not attack the root of the problem. It shifts power away from the proletariat, into the hands of the ruling class.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 5:54 pm

The GOP is the Republican Party. It stands, like Auntblabby said, for "Grand Old Party." Its symbol is the elephant, like Auntblabby said.

Ironically, the Republican Party started off as the more "progressive" party when comparing Republicans with Democrats. Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican President.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2020, 7:44 pm

Gun control is not anwser the libs are trying to apply the same philosophyl they played in school to gun control.
Hey class Johnny was bad today so recess is canceled
Hey guns owner some bad person used a gun today so we going to punish the whole group.

The worse thing libs did was label blue collar workers as deplorables. Many blue collars workers I knew who were life long democrats will never vote Democrat again. Labeling a group of people goes against the message libs try to push of being all inclusive.

The deplorables already have a new 2020 anthem over 1 million views in 5 days

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

Last edited by Brehus on 22 Jan 2020, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2020, 8:02 pm

Do wonder why Antifa didn't cause problems at the 2nd amendment rally in Virginia?
It was because they were there to support the 2nd admendment.

Antifa Seven Hills, based in Richmond, are opposing the slew of gun bills introduced by the newly Democratic Legislature since November, because they say those types of laws are used primarily to criminalize poor people, minorities, and leftists — and to bolster law enforcement’s power.

“I think it’s been pretty important for us to focus on the fact that gun control in America has a legacy of racist enforcement,” said Antifa Seven Hills spokesperson James (who asked that his name be withheld to avoid getting doxxed online). “Like taking guns away from black people, because black people were perceived as a threat to property and the sanctity of the state.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/akwv4k/why-antifa-is-siding-with-thousands-of-pro-gun-conservatives-in-virginia

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 9:02 pm

Brehus wrote:
So I see they made an interesting change in Texas the next election you will not be able to go to the booth and select vote straight Republican or Democrat and walk out
You will have to select candidates individually.

I haven't heard anything about this, but that's something I can see them doing here.

(This is what I already do, but it shouldn't be *forced* on anyone)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2020, 9:54 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Brehus wrote:
So I see they made an interesting change in Texas the next election you will not be able to go to the booth and select vote straight Republican or Democrat and walk out
You will have to select candidates individually.

I haven't heard anything about this, but that's something I can see them doing here.

(This is what I already do, but it shouldn't be *forced* on anyone)

Here you go.

Gov. Abbott signs bill to eliminate straight-ticket voting beginning in 2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 11:14 pm

No...the Democrats did NOT say all blue-collar workers were “deplorables”!

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2020, 11:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
No...the Democrats did NOT say all blue-collar workers were “deplorables”!

There is a strong concesenous with a lot the blue collars they were called deplorables and if nothing is done by the democrats to change that belief they will lose out on a lot votes

https://www.city-journal.org/richard-russo-small-towns

Donald Trump won the presidency in 2016 by appealing to a sizable portion of the electorate that politicians of both parties had either ignored or derided. Blue-collar workers watching their jobs disappear and their towns and neighborhoods face extraordinary pressures from the global economy found a voice in Trump, even as Hillary Clinton ridiculed them as “deplorables.”

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jan 2020, 4:15 am

Brehus wrote:
Donald Trump won the presidency in 2016 by appealing to a sizable portion of the electorate that politicians of both parties had either ignored or derided. Blue-collar workers watching their jobs disappear and their towns and neighborhoods face extraordinary pressures from the global economy found a voice in Trump, even as Hillary Clinton ridiculed them as “deplorables.”

I see it similarily.
There is a huge part of the society losing their place in the world - local working class of developed countries. The right tries to appeal to them, notice their existence, promise to stop the changes and bring back the old good days (likely impossible but that's another question).
The left, by what I can notice, either simply overlooks that group and their fears or focuses on their racism, (many different things)-phobias and other moral shortcomings.
How could they win their votes?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 6:10 am

We shall see if Trump satisfied this component of the Electorate in 2020.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jan 2020, 6:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We shall see if Trump satisfied this component of the Electorate in 2020.

My bet? This group will stay with him.
Just a bet, we'll see.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 6:25 am

Trump could very well lose Florida because many ex-felons are now able to vote there....when they couldn’t in 2016. If only all those people would register to vote!

Ex-Felons are primarily of ethnic groups who voted Democratic in 2016.

What counts is the electoral vote of each state.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jan 2020, 6:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump could very well lose Florida because many ex-felons are now able to vote there....when they couldn’t in 2016. If only all those people would register to vote!

Ex-Felons are primarily of ethnic groups who voted Democratic in 2016.

What counts is the electoral vote of each state.

That's other groups.
Trump may lose due to other social groups voting more actively but I expect the electorate of white working class to stay with him. He sells them pride and sense of belonging, don't underestimate these values.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 7:10 am

What’s most important in American elections is the electoral vote from each state. Except in very rare instances, if a candidate wins a state, the candidate wins all the electoral votes from that state. If Trump loses Florida in 2020, he mostly loses the electoral majority he won in 2016.

A candidate must win 270 electoral votes to win an election. That’s it. The candidate wins even if he/she loses the popular vote.

It should be remembered that Trump LOST the popular vote in 2016.

If the chronically unemployed and underemployed people who voted for Trump in 2016 remain unemployed and underemployed in 2020, they just might not vote for Trump in this coming election.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 23 Jan 2020, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jan 2020, 7:20 am

Who will be Trump's opponent?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 7:24 am

That will be determined this summer, after the Democratic National Convention.

The Democratic nominee must win a majority of the “delegates” which the potential nominee won in “primaries” and “caucuses.”

A “primary” is like a pre-election election. Only Democrats can vote in a Democratic primary.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 23 Jan 2020, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.