Rod Stewart and Son charged with battery

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 12:03 pm

https://news.avclub.com/rod-stewart-and-son-face-battery-charges-after-a-new-ye-1840811451

Quote:

2020 is already hard at work, ushering in fresh legal trouble for some celebrities—especially those who bravely decided to spend their New Year’s in Florida (which is always a risk, at best). This time we’re talking about Rod Stewart, who has been charged with simple battery after allegedly punching a security guard at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach. According to a report obtained by CNN, the altercation began when the children of Stewart’s group were denied entry into a private event. The family “began to get loud and cause a scene,” which led to guard Jessie Dixon asking them to leave.

Matters escalated with son Sean Stewart stepped to Dixon until they were “nose to nose,” failing to adhere to all requests for them to exit. The guard reportedly placed a hand on Sean’s chest in an effort to gain some space. Sean then pushed Dixon rather aggressively, per the affidavit, which was then followed by Rod Stewart punching the guard in his “left ribcage area.” The police obtained security footage of the exchange and identified the Rod and Sean Stewart as the “primary aggressors” in the final report. However, none of the Stewarts were detained in the matter, though Dixon has decided to press charges

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 1:03 pm

Wow! Somehow I initially misread the story and thought only Stewart’s son was charged.

The sense of entitlement displayed by getting this upset over being denied entry to an event shows how out of touch with reality they are.

I’m hoping some community service will go along with whatever fines that will come from this.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 3:46 pm

That's disappointing. I like Rod Stewart. :(

It reminds me of Burton Cummings from The Guess Who. He got up and stormed out of an awards show with his mother when he didn't win the award. 8O I lost all respect for him after that.

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jan 2020, 8:13 pm

One of my most vivid memories of the early 1970s is having Rod Stewart evicted from a very classy restaurant for his piggish, entitled and crude to point of revolting behaviour. He was there with his band the Small Faces and all but one of the rest had at least some concept of how to behave. Stewart tried to tell me that I couldn't have him thrown out. Well, you got that wrong Roddie.... The owner fronted Stewart's complaint about me telling him to leave and informed him in steel tones: Get Out.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm

B19 wrote:
One of my most vivid memories of the early 1970s is having Rod Stewart evicted from a very classy restaurant for his piggish, entitled and crude to point of revolting behaviour. He was there with his band the Small Faces and all but one of the rest had at least some concept of how to behave. Stewart tried to tell me that I couldn't have him thrown out. Well, you got that wrong Roddie.... The owner fronted Stewart's complaint about me telling him to leave and informed him in steel tones: Get Out.

It is kind of surprising that I would hear this about Rod Stewart and not someone like Luther Campbell aka Uncle Luke.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 10:17 pm

Meh I didn't have any trouble getting in. Stewart must have been behind me. I would have vouched for him had I known, just to defuse a tantrum.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 10:17 pm

B19 wrote:

That's a sad story to hear as I'm a fan of Rod Stewart also. As a friendly point of correction: Rod Stewart's band was called Faces. Small Faces was a band prior to Faces that didn't include Rod Stewart but did include some former members of Small Faces.

"Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world
I'm nothing but a stranger in this world" -Van Morrison

"Are you Bluish? You don't look Bluish."

AQ-43 (32-50 indicates a strong likelihood of Asperger syndrome or autism).
EQ-14 out of 80
Rdos: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 173 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 3:53 am

A bit silly of Stewart. might have been drunk and mistook the guard's attitude

He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he won me over with one act of charity to help disabled kids who lost their medicaid after Trump won office
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ldren.html

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 5:08 am

His nickname was not “Rod the Mod” back in the 70s for nothing.

His putting out the evocative powerful song “The Killing of Georgie(Part I & II) about a hate crime against a homosexual was a very risky career move in 1976 ever more so because of his reputation a “ladies man”.

But yeah,he is way to old for that s**t.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman