Many Republicans favor Don Jr. and Ivanka for 2024

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 3:05 pm

Donald Trump Jr and Ivanka Trump among top Republican picks for 2024

Quote:
Donald Trump Jr and Ivanka Trump are among Republican voters’ top picks for the GOP presidential nomination in 2024, according to a new poll.

Forty per cent of respondents to the survey by news site Axios and Survey Monkey wanted the vice-president, Mike Pence, to be the Republican nominee in 2024, whether to succeed Donald Trump in the Oval Office or to take on a Democratic incumbent if this year’s race is lost.

Twenty-six per cent wanted Nikki Haley, formerly governor of South Carolina and ambassador to the United Nations under Trump.

But 29% plumped for Donald Trump Jr, a regular surrogate for his father despite nominally being separated from the political side of the family by joint control, with his brother Eric, of the Trump Organization.

Ivanka Trump, with her husband, Jared Kushner, a senior adviser in the White House, was supported by 16%.

Donald Trump Jr recently published a political book, Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us. It was a New York Times bestseller

The president’s oldest child, Green wrote, “truly connects with the party’s base” and “is convention speech [in 2016] warranted the attention it received”.

“Bottom line, come 2024 Don Jr could well be on the ticket.”

Like her father before 2016 and her brother now, Ivanka Trump has never held elected office. But she has been reported to have political aspirations.

In his blockbuster White House exposé Fire and Fury, for example, the journalist Michael Wolff said she and Kushner had made a deal: “The first woman president, Ivanka entertained, would not be Hillary Clinton: it would be Ivanka Trump.”

Often portrayed as a liberal and restraining influence on her father, Ivanka Trump has claimed success over paid family leave for federal workers and federal sentencing reform.

She has also represented her father on the world stage, to widespread criticism and occasional apparent mockery from actual international leaders.

The Axios/Survey Monkey poll noted that younger Republican voters tended to back the Trump children while older respondents favoured Pence and other national figures.

Other leading Republicans who scored respectably included the Florida senator Marco Rubio (15%), US secretary of state Mike Pompeo (13%) and Texas governor Greg Abbott (13%).

Pompeo seems headed for the Senate in Kansas, a prelude to an expected White House run.

Many observers now think the Trump takeover of the party of Lincoln makes a family succession more likely than not.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times last month, the Republican strategist and Trump critic Rick Wilson said: “I honestly think Don Jr or Ivanka will be the nominee in 2024 … because the party doesn’t care about any of the issues that used to drive the party. Now they care about Trump.

“I don’t think the party has any shot at recovering from Trump,” Wilson added. “I think someday there will again be a centre-right economic and individual liberty conservative party again. But I don’t think it’ll have a Republican brand.”

The Axios/Survey Monkey poll was conducted immediately before Donald Trump was impeached.

Anybody still wondering why 95 plus percent of Republican congresspeople won’t buck Trump in any meaningful way?

Referencing another thread while I won’t go as far as predicting Don’s or Ivanka’s nomination this is why I strongly believe Trump will remain a major topic of conversation after he leaves office.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 05 Jan 2020, 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 3:12 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

If elected, is he making a campaign promise to keep his dad off the social media sites?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jan 2020, 11:26 am

Not sure I quite go along with Wilson there...

Donald Jr. is a nasty idiot on the same scale as his father. Ivanka is an overprivileged and overconfident loser who should be nowhere near the presidency, but is clearly a considerable step up on her father and brother in character alone.

How’s that for draining the swamp?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 11:40 am

The_Walrus wrote:

Donald Jr. is a nasty idiot on the same scale as his father. Ivanka is an overprivileged and overconfident loser who should be nowhere near the presidency, but is clearly a considerable step up on her father and brother in character alone.

Are you saying that Don Jr would be just as bad or worse about tweets?

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 7:19 pm

How many democrats were clamoring for a Michelle Obama run?

People lack creativity when it comes to potential candidates.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 7:49 pm

I would certainly rather have Michelle Obama than any of the Trumps.....I've had enough of Trumps!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jan 2020, 1:37 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Judge for yourself. Check his Tweets out.

They don’t even have the same entertainment value as Sr’s boomer Tweets.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2020, 3:12 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Sounds like a good thing. If I want to see angry entertainment I can rent or buy a movie with the likes of Samuel L Jackson, Sam kennison, or Frank McRae. I prefer someone in charge of authorizing nuclear strikes to be level headed and not amusing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2020, 3:38 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

Pretty much my take.

Ivanka is "better" than her dad in the same way that genital herpes is "better" than syphilis. whereas Don Jr. is just ..more syphilis (or at least gonoreah).

Saw her interviewed recently. And she talked about how "the government should be the model employer" and about women in the workplace. She could actually put sentences together, and actually had some interesting things to say. She sounded like a competent highschool senior studying civics and poli sci.And lets face it, that's about the level that most pols sound. But compared to her dad (who always sounds like a formerly competent, but now demented, carnival barker pitching to a crowd of fifth grade drop outs)she sounded great. But comparing anyone to her dad is setting the bar extremely low. :lol:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2020, 6:16 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Sounds like a good thing. If I want to see angry entertainment I can rent or buy a movie with the likes of Samuel L Jackson, Sam kennison, or Frank McRae. I prefer someone in charge of authorizing nuclear strikes to be level headed and not amusing.

Donnie Jr isn’t level headed, he’s basically a local radio shock jock who understands how Twitter works. Don Sr is an old man who calls the local radio shock jock to say how much he loves the show and doesn’t understand how Twitter works.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 8:50 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Donnie Jr isn’t level headed, he’s basically a local radio shock jock who understands how Twitter works. Don Sr is an old man who calls the local radio shock jock to say how much he loves the show and doesn’t understand how Twitter works.

So, basically, Howard Stern would be a better candidate than Don Jr?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 9:37 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Many Republicans favor Don Jr. and Ivanka for 2024.
Many Republicans are also nuttier than Christmas fruitcakes.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 1:34 pm

No. Just, no.

The GOP could very well implode if they don't go to the center.

People like Susan Collins, Bill Weld, Charlie Baker, George Pataki and Lisa Murkowski will have to become the norm in the GOP. Not people like the Trumps, Ted Cruz, Mike Pence and Scott Walker.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 2:29 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
No. Just, no.

The GOP could very well implode if they don't go to the center.

People like Susan Collins, Bill Weld, Charlie Baker, George Pataki and Lisa Murkowski will have to become the norm in the GOP. Not people like the Trumps, Ted Cruz, Mike Pence and Scott Walker.

Wishful thinking, No indications this is happening.

It could happen if the GOP gets whupped but by then it will probably be too late.

Problem is the Democrats are having implosion problems of their own so the GOP probably is not going get whupped.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 2:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Many Republicans favor Don Jr. and Ivanka for 2024.

Politics is not a family business.

I don't give 2 s**ts what rich people think & neither should you. Not all rich people are rich because they know something you don't.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 2:33 pm

cberg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Politics is not a family business. I don't give 2 s**ts what rich people think & neither should you. Not all rich people are rich because they know something you don't.
I said nothing about families, family businesses, s**t, rich people, or thinking. I only said something about Republicans, nuts, Christmas and fruitcake. Who the hell are you talking to?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.