Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

avdpeas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2020, 3:53 pm

I have been feeling uneasy, lately. I keep feeling like something bad is going to happen; like I am somehow going to be hurt. It could be an unconscious fabrication of my delusional complex. I think that's what it is. I don't know what to do.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jan 2020, 5:25 pm

If I were you, I would try to focus on the feeling. I wouldn't trust precognitive conclusions - there's something going on but it may mean a lot of different things.
You feel uneasy. Alerted.
Were there any recent changes in your life? Does this feeling depend on time of the day? Your condition? Your surroundings?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

avdpeas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2020, 5:36 pm

It probably depends on the fact that I have Paranoid Schizophrenia; I have been diagnosed with it consistently for more than four years. Thank you for your concern. However, it may have had something to do with the time of day and my surroundings. A few school buses passed by my house, and that triggered my paranoia/uneasiness. I have been paranoid ever since I had a close encounter while driving behind a school bus full of kids. They were trying to goad me into some kind of interaction/response, but it did not come easy for me; it was distressful. There was also another incident where I thought these two teenagers were talking about me. They were talking about me and my mental illness. Everyone in my neighborhood knows I have a mental illness. That's where the paranoia comes from.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2020, 9:17 am

Being a target of teasing and local gossip is not paranoia. It's reality.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2020, 9:25 am

How do they know so much? Are you in a small town? Usually in a city people get on with their own lives and don't gossip about others in the neighbourhood.

Just limit your interaction to what is necessary - getting groceries in etc, stay alert and don't be goaded into making any responses to anyone's attempts to trigger. Keep using whatever medication works best for you.

Do you have a formal or informal support system (by the latter I mean friends, family members etc)?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

avdpeas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2020, 1:41 pm

magz, when regarding my situation, you may be right. It sucks.

envirozentinel, I am in a small to moderate sized town. My family is supportive, but they are tired of it. My Father insists that if I do not want to "take the steps" in getting better, then he does not want to be as supportive as he was being. For me, taking the steps is really tough. Not as tough as it was, however, now that I am on medication. But the side-effects are definitely undesirable. I just wish I could be off medication and not cause problems. Maybe back when I was attempting to get off medication, I was reducing the dose at too fast of a rate.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2020, 1:58 pm

What are "the steps"?

avdpeas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2020, 2:06 pm

magz wrote:
What are "the steps"?

Being more social, such as bowling in a league with my Father; not being lazy, etc. I know my situation is really not that bad, at all. It used to be a really bad situation for me, but now that I am med-compliant, it's easier aside from the side-effects.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2020, 2:12 pm

I'm sorry you are having side effects. What kind of side effects? Maybe there are ways to minimize them.

Unfortunately, medication is necessary in many instances in order that we can function at our best.

I don't think your dad is tired of you - he seems to want the best for you and to stick to the recommended steps, so I'm glad you're making an effort.

I wish you a happy and productive 2020.

my blog:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2020, 2:23 pm

avdpeas wrote:
magz wrote:
What are "the steps"?

Being more social, such as bowling in a league with my Father; not being lazy, etc. I know my situation is really not that bad, at all. It used to be a really bad situation for me, but now that I am med-compliant, it's easier aside from the side-effects.

Does "being more social" make you feel better or is it just some continuous effort? Does your mental health get better or worse after meeting people?
You're seriously ill, I don't think a seriously ill person qualifies as "lazy" when not meeting expectations for healthy people.

avdpeas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2020, 2:43 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I'm sorry you are having side effects. What kind of side effects? Maybe there are ways to minimize them.

Side-effects I have been experiencing are: trouble swallowing, apathy, alogia, anhedonia, avolition, etc. I will have to ask my doctor if it's possible to minimize these side-effects. Thanks for your concern.

envirozentinel wrote:
Unfortunately, medication is necessary in many instances in order that we can function at our best.

True.

envirozentinel wrote:
I don't think your dad is tired of you - he seems to want the best for you and to stick to the recommended steps, so I'm glad you're making an effort.

Thanks for the encouragement.

envirozentinel wrote:
I wish you a happy and productive 2020.

Thank you.

avdpeas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2020, 2:48 pm

magz wrote:
avdpeas wrote:
magz wrote:
What are "the steps"?

Does "being more social" make you feel better or is it just some continuous effort? Does your mental health get better or worse after meeting people?
You're seriously ill, I don't think a seriously ill person qualifies as "lazy" when not meeting expectations for healthy people.

It's a constant effort. I think my mental health does get better when I am back at my house, after making the effort, however. It's kind of like a trade-off. I feel uncomfortable at the bowling league so that I feel more comfortable at my house. Thank you for your concern.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2020, 2:56 pm

Sounds like you can make an effort but afterwards you need sufficient rest. Does your father know it?

avdpeas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2020, 4:25 pm

magz wrote:
Sounds like you can make an effort but afterwards you need sufficient rest. Does your father know it?

Yeah, he knows. And he does not ask much of me, either. He understands I have a mental illness.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2020, 11:54 pm

I'm so glad you have his support. It's very tough on those individuals who don't have the support of family members and are rejected by them.

I believe you'll be OK. You have support here on WP too.

my blog:

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 9:40 pm

avdpeas wrote:
I have been feeling uneasy, lately. I keep feeling like something bad is going to happen; like I am somehow going to be hurt. It could be an unconscious fabrication of my delusional complex. I think that's what it is. I don't know what to do.

Sounds like anxiety. Might be a side effect of medications or a comorbidity.