Does every Asperger have a Savant ability?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 7:26 pm

Joe90 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
For 99.9% of questions beginning with "Does every autistic person ....", the answer is no.

This.

I do hate questions that include "all" or "every" and "autistic people" in the same sentence. I remember once there being a thread here asking "do all autistics like anime?" The answer is no, we don't all like anime.

According to original posters of threads on WP over the years: all aspies/autistics are....savants, like animie, love chicken McNuggets, have a sweet tooth, lack a sweet tooth, have bigger than average heads, have smaller than average heads, and are "big people", and are all incapable of being hypnotized. All nonsense.

I guess the compilers of the DSM have not caught up yet, and haven't put those "diagnostic traits" into the book yet ( including the contradictory ones).

GonHunter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2020, 3:25 am

Joe90 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
For 99.9% of questions beginning with "Does every autistic person ....", the answer is no.

This.

I do hate questions that include "all" or "every" and "autistic people" in the same sentence. I remember once there being a thread here asking "do all autistics like anime?" The answer is no, we don't all like anime.
Anyway, I'm sorry. I have no contact with other sprinklers. Discovering me in a short time and every day no one bothers my head

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 8:24 am

Sorry this went this way, GonHunter--it's a little confusing and I am pretty sure he's being sarcastic because he thinks it funny the Forum topics always go this way.

But about a "savant ability--" perhaps not in the strict sense, but in the sense that an unusual special interest is often highly developed, a lot of Aspies are like that. But it's not a truly savant skill...just a unique gift, a knack, a blessing or really getting something figured out. :)

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 8:58 am

No and to make it worse some aspies can have an intellectual disability which doesnt always fit into the established symptoms of aspergers.

Although not as common as pre dsm v autism.

- George Bernie Shaw

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 11:11 am

I might have hit savant-grade for about six months, when conditions were right. There are several abilities that just came to me naturally, but I don't know how far they might have developed. Savant ability seems to be mostly about getting everything thinking about the same thing, which, of course, means that self care gets neglected and must be supplied.