Page 4 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 3:11 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I don't get it? how is the Ukrainian airlines "their own Plane" ?

That gets into a wide conversation about speculation. Said Canadians have intelligence from their own sources. Could be from their satellites, could be from a computer hack, could be a Canadian stationed abroad, are several other "what ifs" for how Canada got information on an Iran/Ukraine affair.

According to the Israeli news there were 60+ Canadian citizens on the plane for some reason. The plane was taking off from Teheran, not even incoming.Not sure of the destination. Ukraine?

Yes. Every newsourse now is saying 63 Canadians were on board. Relative to its population that's like six hundred americans dying all at once. One fifth of 9-11 Hense why Canada is so upset about it.

Kiev Ukraine is just a connection stop for air travel going from North America to Iran, apparently. Hense the number of folks from North American country on the plane.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 3:23 pm

Iranian anti-aircraft missile error it seems.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 3:26 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Iranian anti-aircraft missile error, it seems.
That seems to be the odds-on favorite theory among betting circles.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 4:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Conspiracy theory?
Wait for John to log in...

:wink:

Iran shooting it down is a conspiracy theory. Where's the evidence?

Nice that you think of me though! :heart:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 4:37 pm

I doubt it. Why would they shoot down a plane when they could have just checked on that plane with air traffic control plus the plane was flying up.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 4:38 pm

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 4:44 pm

Do you have evidence for your conspiracy theory that it was Iran?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 4:48 pm

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 4:53 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
I doubt it. Why would they shoot down a plane when they could have just checked on that plane with air traffic control plus the plane was flying up.

Actually it happens sometimes here. Our "Iron Dome" has a very sensitive system sometimes triggered into firing on a false alarm. Perhaps the Iranians were taking extra precautions because of the high alert situation and deployed extra protection. It was surely an error. Boeing would prefer that explanation I'm sure :)

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 4:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
It's a known fact that Iran accidently shot down the Ukrainian airplane.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 5:05 pm

cberg wrote:

Do you have any evidence it was Iran? The irony is that Jones spews a load of tripe with zero evidence.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's a known fact that Iran accidently shot down the Ukrainian airplane.

So you can provide the evidence? Please do.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 5:09 pm

Teach51 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Actually it happens sometimes here. Our "Iron Dome" has a very sensitive system sometimes triggered into firing on a false alarm. Perhaps the Iranians were taking extra precautions because of the high alert situation and deployed extra protection. It was surely an error. Boeing would prefer that explanation I'm sure :)

That's cause Iron Dome is a crock. Norman Finkelstein debunked its usefulness. It could have been an accident just doesn't look very likely. No point indulging in conspiracy theories about Iran shooting it down until we have proof.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 8:02 pm

Why would a missile defense radar be pointed at an international commercial airport? :roll: It never happened in Syria after all the missiles flying around.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 10:03 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cberg wrote:

Do you have any evidence it was Iran? The irony is that Jones spews a load of tripe with zero evidence.

That's what I'm saying, I have no evidence it was anybody. :(

It's too early for anyone who's not investigating to speculate, let whomever they are do their jobs.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 11:33 pm

Iran says it ‘unintentionally’ shot down Ukrainian jetliner

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran announced Saturday that its military “unintentionally” shot down the Ukrainian jetliner that crashed earlier this week, killing all 176 aboard, after the government had repeatedly denied Western accusations that it was responsible.

The plane was shot down early Wednesday, hours after Iran launched a ballistic missile attack on two military bases housing U.S. troops in Iraq in retaliation for the killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani in an American airstrike in Baghdad. No one was wounded in the attack on the bases.

A military statement carried by state media said the plane was mistaken for a “hostile target” after it turned toward a “sensitive military center” of the Revolutionary Guard. The military was at its “highest level of readiness,” it said, amid the heightened tensions with the United States.

“In such a condition, because of human error and in a unintentional way, the flight was hit,” the statement said. It apologized for the disaster and said it would upgrade its systems to prevent such “mistakes” in the future.

https://www.wate.com/news/national-worl ... -jetliner/

There Are Four Lights!