UPDATE, Iran shot it's own plane down

Page 1 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 3:11 pm

Canadian officials have intelligence from their own sources that shows that Ukrainian airlines flight 752 was shot down by an Iranian surface to air missile,it may have been unintentional.

European security officials told CNN they believe reports suggesting that the plane as shot down by an Iranian surface to air missile in error are credible.

CNN

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 4:33 pm

Whatever happened to IFF?  Is that technology against Sharia Law?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 4:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
Whatever happened to IFF?  Is that technology against Sharia Law?

Maybe their system has Ukraine listed as infidels since they do business with Boeing?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:12 pm

I don't get it? how is the Ukrainian airlines "their own Plane" ?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I don't get it? how is the Ukrainian airlines "their own Plane" ?

That gets into a wide conversation about speculation. Said Canadians have intelligence from their own sources. Could be from their satellites, could be from a computer hack, could be a Canadian stationed abroad, are several other "what ifs" for how Canada got information on an Iran/Ukraine affair.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:26 pm

Conspiracy theory?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Conspiracy theory?
Wait for John to log in...

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Conspiracy theory?

I wasn't trying to start a debate about which theory is or isn't correct. I was just clarifying what I read "from their own sources" to probably mean. I honestly have no clue how the Canadians got their intelligence.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:35 pm

Ok...Sounds like more going on than meets the eye

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:42 pm

Pictures just coming in via Australian news

Looks like an Iranian Missile is responsible for the crash
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 86ef4ee82b
Ottawa says suggests the airliner was mistakenly downed by an Iranian missile.
The Iranian foreign ministry invited the plane’s manufacturer Boeing to take part in the official enquiry into the crash.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:44 pm

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison told 2GB radio this morning that the plane tragedy was a “terrible accident”.
“I can confirm that we’ve had similar intelligence as our partners have.
“What I would say is that this is not a deliberate attack, as we can determine. It’s a terrible accident.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:51 pm

A quick recap:

• Iran sends it best general into a a foreign country where American armed forces are in control.
• The U.S. assassinates their general while he is in Iraq
• Iran holds a funeral for their general, and a subsequent stampede kills 60 Iranian citizens.
• Iran shoots missiles at a US airbase, misses all targets, there are no U.S. casualties, and minimal damage because some missiles had no warheads.
• Iran shoots down a Ukrainian passenger jet, killing 170 people on board.

Please tell me once again why we're supposed to be afraid of their alleged nuclear capability?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
A quick recap:

• Iran sends it best general into a a foreign country where American armed forces are in control.
• Iran holds a funeral for their general, and a subsequent stampede kills 60 Iranian citizens.
• Iran shoots missiles at a US airbase, misses all targets, there are no U.S. casualties, and minimal damage because some missiles had no warheads.

Please tell me once again why we're supposed to be afraid of their alleged nuclear capability?

Are you thinking that Iran has a couple of dozen employees with the same potential as Homer Simpson running the place?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 6:04 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A quick recap:

Are you thinking that Iran has a couple of dozen employees with the same potential as Homer Simpson running the place?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 6:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
A quick recap:

You forgot the earthquake near their nuclear facility falling in the same time frame

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 6:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A quick recap:

You forgot the earthquake near their nuclear facility falling in the same time frame

Actually two earthquakes.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!