UPDATE, Iran shot it's own plane down

Page 5 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 11:41 pm

Hey Iran, here's a tip:

Many in the world are sympathizing with you right now because of the death of one of your generals. Don't stall, compromise the crash scene and completely lie about shooting down the plane only to then admit the truth.

Their actions with the crash scene uphold the adage: "He who has nothing to hide hides nothing."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 2:41 am

Magna wrote:
Hey Iran, here's a tip:

Many in the world are sympathizing with you right now because of the death of one of your generals. Don't stall, compromise the crash scene and completely lie about shooting down the plane only to then admit the truth.

Their actions with the crash scene uphold the adage: "He who has nothing to hide hides nothing."

Soleimani deserved death though.

https://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/terror ... -soleimani

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 2:47 am

Well, you say that like Iran's an honest and reasonable actor.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 2:50 am

Iran admitted that they mistakenly shot down the plane:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... entionally

But I even suspect the unintentional part.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 2:51 am

I wonder how the story's reported in Iran.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 4:03 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
I wonder how the story's reported in Iran.

“A Divine victory against the great Satan!”

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 4:51 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I doubt it. Why would they shoot down a plane when they could have just checked on that plane with air traffic control plus the plane was flying up.

Actually it happens sometimes here. Our "Iron Dome" has a very sensitive system sometimes triggered into firing on a false alarm. Perhaps the Iranians were taking extra precautions because of the high alert situation and deployed extra protection. It was surely an error. Boeing would prefer that explanation I'm sure :)

That's cause Iron Dome is a crock. Norman Finkelstein debunked its usefulness. It could have been an accident just doesn't look very likely. No point indulging in conspiracy theories about Iran shooting it down until we have proof.

John sweety, here's what I think, for what it's worth:
Finkelstein in my opinion is an apologetic, perhaps, I have no way of knowing, even a self loathing jew.
In an attempt to be accepted by the gentiles in the academic echelons and present himself as enlightened and integrated, he attacks Israel and everything Israeli (Iron Dome included) and denies anti-semitism. As he denied it exists in the British Labour gvmt. This could be equated to a playground scenario where the weak and vulnerable boy defects to the bad guys and works hard to endear himself to the bullies. Preferring to be a perpetrator rather than a victim.
You can revere him if you like, your choice.
This strategy of denying ones jewishness failed in nazi Germany to save assimilated jews and it won't save him if the darkest time in the history of the jews repeats itself, and that time in my view is imminent.

Regarding Iron Dome, and real life experience versus the biased pontification of external sources, Iron Dome is 90% accurate, not bad at all, I know this for a fact because I have personally witnessed the interception and exploding of enemy projectiles in mid air, which were heading in the direction of my home in Tel Aviv on numerous occasions. I don't go to the shelter, I, like many others, go outside to see what's going on when the air raid siren sounds. But for Iron Dome I, and many of my dear countrymen and women would not be here. Some of us think this a good thing. :)
I think you are OK John, I had an itch to interact in this thread which I have scratched, :lol: and now I shall resume my avoidance of political threads, and focus on gathering information that contributes to my understanding of all things autistic so I can be a better teacher and friend.
Cheers.

Last edited by Teach51 on 11 Jan 2020, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 5:53 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Why would a missile defense radar be pointed at an international commercial airport? :roll: It never happened in Syria after all the missiles flying around.

Because they are ret*ds.

You are not following the news; Iran admitted it.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 6:21 am

JohnPowell wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Do you have evidence for your conspiracy theory that it was Iran?
It's a known fact that Iran accidently shot down the Ukrainian airplane.

So you can provide the evidence? Please do.
Iran admitted it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 6:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Why would a missile defense radar be pointed at an international commercial airport? :roll: It never happened in Syria after all the missiles flying around.

Because they are ret*ds.

You are not following the news; Iran admitted it.

Hey! take it easy with the r-word

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 6:35 am

I hate that the word monkey now has racist connotations, because this is exactly where it should be applied, these f*****g monkeys! It would have been bad enough if they shot it down while shooting into Iraq, but to shoot it down thinking it was an enemy... So you've seemingly got a defence system that can't tell the difference between a passenger plane and a warplane, or see that it launched out of your own airport. I think possibly forever now I'll have this image of Iran as a tiny yapping dog backing up with piss rolling down it's leg.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 6:50 am

Magna wrote:
Hey Iran, here's a tip:

They've given the black box to Ukraine. They just wouldn't give it to Boeing or the US.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 6:56 am

Teach51 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I doubt it. Why would they shoot down a plane when they could have just checked on that plane with air traffic control plus the plane was flying up.

Actually it happens sometimes here. Our "Iron Dome" has a very sensitive system sometimes triggered into firing on a false alarm. Perhaps the Iranians were taking extra precautions because of the high alert situation and deployed extra protection. It was surely an error. Boeing would prefer that explanation I'm sure :)

That's cause Iron Dome is a crock. Norman Finkelstein debunked its usefulness. It could have been an accident just doesn't look very likely. No point indulging in conspiracy theories about Iran shooting it down until we have proof.

John sweety, here's what I think, for what it's worth:
Finkelstein in my opinion is an apologetic, perhaps, I have no way of knowing, even a self loathing jew.
In an attempt to be accepted by the gentiles in the academic echelons and present himself as enlightened and integrated, he attacks Israel and everything Israeli (Iron Dome included) and denies anti-semitism. As he denied it exists in the British Labour gvmt. This could be equated to a playground scenario where the weak and vulnerable boy defects to the bad guys and works hard to endear himself to the bullies. Preferring to be a perpetrator rather than a victim.
You can revere him if you like, your choice.
This strategy of denying ones jewishness failed in nazi Germany to save assimilated jews and it won't save him if the darkest time in the history of the jews repeats itself, and that time in my view is imminent.

Regarding Iron Dome, and real life experience versus the biased pontification of external sources, Iron Dome is 90% accurate, not bad at all, I know this for a fact because I have personally witnessed the interception and exploding of enemy projectiles in mid air, which were heading in the direction of my home in Tel Aviv on numerous occasions. I don't go to the shelter, I, like many others, go outside to see what's going on when the air raid siren sounds. But for Iron Dome I, and many of my dear countrymen and women would not be here. Some of us think this a good thing. :)
I think you are OK John, I had an itch to interact in this thread which I have scratched, :lol: and now I shall resume my avoidance of political threads, and focus on gathering information that contributes to my understanding of all things autistic so I can be a better teacher and friend.
Cheers.

Israel and their lobby groups are the bullies. He's not going to sit back while his parent's suffering is used to justify Israel acting like Nazis.

http://normanfinkelstein.com/2014/07/15 ... d-fiction/

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 6:59 am

Yep I saw. It looks very bad on them that they didn't admit it to begin with. Let's hope Israel didn't pull their trick of flying a jet around a commercial airline like they did in Syria.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 5:15 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Magna wrote:
Hey Iran, here's a tip:

They've given the black box to Ukraine. They just wouldn't give it to Boeing or the US.

I wasn't talking about initially refusing to give up the black box. I was referring to Iran razing the crash site with bulldozers while it was still warm which made it impossible for investigators to investigate the crash using the crash site. Shameful. There are reports that thankfully, Iranian citizens are outraged, as they should be since many Iranians died on the plane and their government were bald faced liars about what happened. It's reminiscent of Saudi Arabia outright lying to the world about the Khashoggi murder. What's up with that?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 5:17 pm

Magna wrote:
... Iran razing the crash site with bulldozers while it was still warm which made it impossible for investigators to investigate the crash using the crash site. Shameful. There are reports that thankfully, Iranian citizens are outraged, as they should be since many Iranians died on the plane and their government were bald faced liars about what happened. It's reminiscent of Saudi Arabia outright lying to the world about the Khashoggi murder. What's up with that?
Islam.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.