Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 11:26 am

Nope. No tattoos for me. I find them to be an invasion of my skin by inks.

I don't wear a watch or a ring, either.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 11:30 am

^^
LOL

Butt tattoos are probably always a bad idea. When one is 80...

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 11:52 am

Fnord wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
Too many tattoos are not attractive to me, maybe I’m old fashion. Do you guys like alot of tattoos?
One or two discrete tattoos don't bother me, but full facials, sleeves, and "body art" just looks like a bad skin disease.

looolz awe crud.... last time i go to a tattoo convention .

where ever you go ,there you are

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 11:55 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
^^
LOL

Butt tattoos are probably always a bad idea. When one is 80...

Why? :?

As I said I don't want any but know several people who are very happy with theirs. Granted, they put some thought into it before deciding and they can be hidden with clothes.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 12:05 pm

okay see some very old tatoos , saggy skin and all..that beautiful woman face now has double triple chins.. who is going to go get a face lift on their tattoo? regardless of how badly needed.
Rarely a fan of such things . Thank heaven wearing clothes is still considered conventional . But recently many food service establishments here are allowing visible tats . Even in a bank once.. causes one to think twice , i think.

Shared Experience; large bearded man slightly unkempt, ripped up jeans and many visible tattoos serving me food at a sit down restaurant. (am sorry but this causes me apphrehension)

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 12:28 pm

Jakki wrote:
okay see some very old tatoos , saggy skin and all..that beautiful woman face now has double triple chins.. who is going to go get a face lift on their tattoo? regardless of how badly needed.

I see your point - the two friends of mine that have them are in fantastic shape despite their age. And they don't exactly flaunt them either.

Jakki wrote:
Shared Experience; large bearded man slightly unkempt, ripped up jeans and many visible tattoos serving me food at a sit down restaurant. (am sorry but this causes me apphrehension)

I can see how that would be intimidating. Around here, most people who have them don't look like they are part of Hells Angels so nobody seems to mind. And in the service industry, it's required to be clean, well-groomed and dressed.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Jan 2020, 8:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't wear a watch or a ring, either.
I never really liked wearing watches but I did try wearing a ring for a bit. Me & my girlfriend got each other rings, kinda promise rings I guess. I kept forgetting to wear mine thou & then I gained weight & now the ring won't fit on me. I guess I could use this as added motivation to lose the weight by reducing my binging & exercising more. I need to do those things before I push myself to eat a healthier diet since I'm a very picky eater thou not nearly as picky as when I was a kid.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Korol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2020, 1:47 am

I don’t have them either. I think this is no longer fashionable.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 7:45 pm

okay... this can be a cultural thing .Maori put tatts on their faces. males at least.... So am guessing depends where you are at the time . Seen some very pretty ones as well here in the USA.
So generally am seeing them as personal preferance , and btw , may very well still go to conventions.
And try to resist the temptations while there .. Some of the art work is really innovative as i recall.
Being alittle older than average young adult .. May find it easier to avoid Urge.

Guy Incognito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2020, 11:42 am

Jakki wrote:
okay... this can be a cultural thing .Maori put tatts on their faces. males at least.... So am guessing depends where you are at the time . Seen some very pretty ones as well here in the USA.
So generally am seeing them as personal preferance , and btw , may very well still go to conventions.
And try to resist the temptations while there .. Some of the art work is really innovative as i recall.
Being alittle older than average young adult .. May find it easier to avoid Urge.

A female friend started a traditional Japanese (non-pen) tattoo on her fiftieth birthday. She has her back and one shoulder done. It looks amazing. She had resisted the urge to get a tattoo and then decided she could resist no longer.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 11:50 pm

Guy Incognito wrote:
Jakki wrote:

A female friend started a traditional Japanese (non-pen) tattoo on her fiftieth birthday. She has her back and one shoulder done. It looks amazing. She had resisted the urge to get a tattoo and then decided she could resist no longer.
^^^^^KEWL^^^^ Commonly translated as Cool

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 9:25 pm

Tattoos is ok if it hidden. Alyssa Milano & Holly Marie Combs has hidden tattoos. One or two tattoos are ok, but tattoos on people whole arm or leg are not attractive to me, they can look like bikers with bad attitudes.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2020, 8:36 pm

I have a few tattoos but strangely enough I have never dated anyone who has them, although I find it attractive (depending on the tattoos, of course... Some aren't good).

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2020, 3:20 am

martianprincess wrote:
I have a few tattoos but strangely enough I have never dated anyone who has them, although I find it attractive (depending on the tattoos, of course... Some aren't good).
Some are bad...very bad.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2020, 11:08 am

[MOD]

Saying you don't like tattoos is fine.

Insulting people with tattoos is not.

[/MOD]

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2020, 11:41 am

For me, it really depends on the quality and subject matter of the tattoo, its size, and it's location. It also depends a lot on the appearance of the person -- the discrete tattoos of an attractive young woman are more appealing (to me) than the full-body tattoos of a common thug/yakusa or biker-gang member.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.