Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2020, 11:41 am

For me, it really depends on the quality and subject matter of the tattoo, its size, and it's location. It also depends a lot on the appearance of the person -- the discrete tattoos of an attractive young woman are more appealing (to me) than the full-body tattoos of a common thug/yakusa or biker-gang member.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2020, 12:16 pm

It's other people's decisions, male or female, whether they want to be tattooed, but many people, especially teenagers, really don't realize just how permanent tattoos are. I've seen a few "tattoo fail" videos, and it's both scary and hilarious how so many of these "artists" cannot draw. And they really can't spell. The other day I even heard stories of people getting tats of Chinese or Japanese characters without really knowing what they mean, and people who did know the languages posted the silly or downright offensive things the characters actually said. I learned that two characters that separately might mean something harmless or would be together in English, but together they literally mean something nonsensical or something really offensive. It's kind of like Engrish in reverse. Englinese, maybe? :lol:

And the really funny thing is that in Japan, people really do not like seeing tattoos because of some organized criminal gang, I think, and if you go to a spa or swimming in public or whatever, you have try to cover your tattoos up.

Anyway, even if you get a well-made tattoo, a few months later you might not like it, let alone the rest of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2020, 3:53 pm

I think I remember meeting her...

... she really knew how to fiddle around.