Mass shooting outside Kansas City Bar

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 9:30 pm

Officials Identify Kansas City Bar Shooting Suspect

Quote:
Authorities have released the identity of the suspected shooter who opened fire on a crowd of people outside of a club in Kansas City. Two people, including the suspect, were killed and 15 people were injured in the attack. Police said that the suspect was 29-year-old Jahron Swift, and the victim was 25-year-old Raeven Park.

A bouncer at the club told KSHB-TV that he saw Swift getting into a fight in the parking lot.

"They pushed him down, he got up, he got slammed into a whole other vehicle that was in front of me," the bouncer told the news station. "Then once he got slammed, he ran past my truck and said, 'Bet.'"

The bouncer said that Swift went to his car and came back with a handgun. He was stopped by security at the door and tried to open fire, but his gun jammed. Swift then went back to his car and came back armed with a rifle. He started shooting into the crowd, and an armed member of the club's security team engaged Swift and killed him.

When the officers arrived, the shooting had stopped, and Swift was dead in the parking lot. Kansas City police Chief Richard Smith credited the security guard for saving lives.

"The security guard is the one who engaged the suspect," Smith said. "The security guard was inside the club and heard commotion. We don't even know at this time whether the security guard understood what was going on outside. We know that there were multiple firearms involved, so we think the security guard's actions definitely saved lives."

Investigators are still trying to determine a motive for the shooting and are unsure if Swift was just shooting at random or if he was targeting specific people at the club.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 10:11 pm

Sounds like a bar-room brawl more than a terrorist act. At least they stopped him before he killed more people, but that's an awful lot of shooting after losing a fight. How many drinks had this dude had?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 3:34 am

Borromeo wrote:
How many drinks had this dude had?

Seriously hope people don't use getting drunk as a reason to shoot up a bar? 2nd amendment on shaky ground again

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 9:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:
Seriously hope people don't use getting drunk as a reason to shoot up a bar? 2nd amendment on shaky ground again
Recipe for Disaster

7 shots whisky
3 beers
1 firearm of choice
15 rounds of ammunition
1 otherwise nice person
Pettyfogging (to taste)

Load the firearm. Marinate the interior of the nice person with the liquids. Engage in heated discussion, sprinkled liberally with pettyfogging. Tenderize person with a few punches or slaps. Take person outside. Run for cover when person draws firearm. Scream when shot.

Serves 15.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 9:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:

I think it is already banned even in most red States, to take a gun into a bar, unless you are a cop responding to a call.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 9:30 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:

I think it is already banned even in most red States, to take a gun into a bar, unless you are a cop responding to a call.
There was a true story of an ex-cop or actually ex-chief of police,who brought a glock 40 with a laser sight into the VFW in Belchertown,MA.

Ironically he was there to meet a friend about starting an indoor shooting range that would offer gun safety classes,as the night wore on and he consumed more alcohol,he pointed the laser sight of his gun at his friend.
He was eventually acquitted of assault but was convicted of unlawfull storage of a firearm.True story about former Pelham police chief Ed Fluery.He actually arrested me when I was 15,true story.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 9:38 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:

There was a true story of an ex-cop or actually ex-chief of police,who brought a glock 40 with a laser sight into the VFW in Belchertown,MA.

Ironically he was there to meet a friend about starting an indoor shooting range that would offer gun safety classes,as the night wore on and he consumed more alcohol,he pointed the laser sight of his gun at his friend.
He was eventually acquitted of assault but was convicted of unlawfull storage of a firearm.True story about former Pelham police chief Ed Fluery.He actually arrested me when I was 15,true story.

Gun safety tip number one. Don't try what I am doing right now and hold a gun in one hand and a beer in the other.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 9:58 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:

Gun safety tip number one. Don't try what I am doing right now and hold a gun in one hand and a beer in the other.
Even with a concealed weapons permit,which Ed Fleury had,you can't be in possession of an open container of alcohol and a loaded gun at the same time.You can't bring a gun into a bar even with a LTC or even consume alcohol in your own home if there is a gun that is not locked away or with a trigger guard on it.Federal law.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 10:19 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:

Even with a concealed weapons permit,which Ed Fleury had,you can't be in possession of an open container of alcohol and a loaded gun at the same time.You can't bring a gun into a bar even with a LTC or even consume alcohol in your own home if there is a gun that is not locked away or with a trigger guard on it.Federal law.

I didn't know it was federal, I said above that it was the case in MOST red States about going to a bar. I also didn't know about at home, years ago, I survived an incident involving a pistol and half empty bottle of vodka when a family member got a bit inebriated then started playing with the pistol. They only went to the drunk tank, not jail.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 10:41 am

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:
Recipe for Disaster

7 shots whisky
3 beers
1 firearm of choice
15 rounds of ammunition
1 otherwise nice person
Pettyfogging (to taste)

Load the firearm. Marinate the interior of the nice person with the liquids. Engage in heated discussion, sprinkled liberally with pettyfogging. Tenderize person with a few punches or slaps. Take person outside. Run for cover when person draws firearm. Scream when shot.

Serves 15.

OMG typical night of clubbing in kansas City

where ever you go ,there you are

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 10:47 am

Jakki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:
Recipe for Disaster

7 shots whisky
3 beers
1 firearm of choice
15 rounds of ammunition
1 otherwise nice person
Pettyfogging (to taste)

Serves 15.

OMG typical night of clubbing in kansas City

Don't forget your MAGA hat before going out to the club. :lol:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 11:00 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:

I didn't know it was federal, I said above that it was the case in MOST red States about going to a bar. I also didn't know about at home, years ago, I survived an incident involving a pistol and half empty bottle of vodka when a family member got a bit inebriated then started playing with the pistol. They only went to the drunk tank, not jail.
A federal law is only enforced by federal officers,if no one was harmed or wanted to press charges local authorities didn't persue the matter.But technically you can't posses a firearm while drinking by federal law.It's against federal law for felons to posses a firearm but in Vermont there is no state law against it.So Vermont felons can posses a firearm,they just can't buy it in a store.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 11:10 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Borromeo wrote:

A federal law is only enforced by federal officers,if no one was harmed or wanted to press charges local authorities didn't persue the matter.But technically you can't posses a firearm while drinking by federal law.It's against federal law for felons to posses a firearm but in Vermont there is no state law against it.So Vermont felons can posses a firearm,they just can't buy it in a store.

Is probably pointless for half the federal laws to be on the books. Feds usually only get involved with major crimes like drug trafficking. As far as law makers in the fed government to argue over making a couple of grams illegal seems to be a waste of time to argue over since the DEA won't bust your door open over a 20 sac.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 11:18 am

Bravo5150 wrote:

Is probably pointless for half the federal laws to be on the books. Feds usually only get involved with major crimes like drug trafficking. As far as law makers in the fed government to argue over making a couple of grams illegal seems to be a waste of time to argue over since the DEA won't bust your door open over a 20 sac.

Yea,federal laws or sort of a joke,pot is illegal federally but you can buy it in stores,grow it in your home and smoke it all you want completely legaly in Massachusetts.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 2:16 am

WAIT A MINUTE HERE had no idea this guy had just gotten beat up ? and yes , he shoulda called the cops .. but reality in K C is cops are do nothing unless there is somebody killed or iminent and immediate threat.. of someone handling a firearm in threatening manner ... Personally am aware of one person am familiar with ,who lives in a used to be nice place, Has ongoing meth trafficking going on around their home , police even told her about the 2 nd house being used.
Several locations homes are manufacturing substance and police wait until someone is dead or the cook house reaks so bad .. That instead they have their codes dept shutdown use of the house.

think these folks prolly ended up in codes violation , not fed drug prevention. another house before marijuana got legal .. Got busted for dealing outta a house and then was told the owner , whose house it was , was sponsoring this activity ,, but just wasnt home when idiot , relative Got the house raided.
home owner now has new relative am told of , just dealing meth when police are not in immediate vicinity ,... my friends neighborhood , she said used to be so nice ,, she said it was reverse gentrifing ... so now whose beating up people and ,if no faith in police ? they are taking law into their own hands ? would like to know more details before , knowing who to feel bad for ?

where ever you go ,there you are