Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jan 2020, 2:28 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
HacKING wrote:
I believe that the impeachment of Donald Trump looks to be for the most part unfounded. No absolute proof existed that he even did anything.

The rest of your post has already been addressed, but I find your hesitant language very interesting: you don't really sound convinced yourself of what you're saying...

Interesting take.

Another way to look at it is that there's no proof Trump has done anything. No proof he ran for election, no proof he promised to build the wall, no proof he got out of bed this morning.

It's a bit like those sentences they have in books about autism like "I didn't say she stole my money" which are intended to show the importance of non-verbal communication.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 4:50 pm

You hardly ever have "absolute" proof of anything, but the language used by the OP intrigued me: if I was firmly convinced of someone's innocence I know I wouldn't say anything like that "he looks to be for the most part" innocent. It sounds more like something people would say about OJ... So I wondered if maybe he thinks Trump is guilty of something but it cannot actually be proved.