Page 484 of 535 [ 8550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487 ... 535  Next

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:50 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
"We've been patient but our patience is wearing thin!"
Since when did Biden become Emperor? We are sovereign citizens not subjects.

There are whole youtube channels dedicated to showing so called soverign citizens spouting their meaningless pseudo legal speak and just expecting police, lawyers, and judges to go along with it. My favorite is when they personally try to arrest police and judges. It doesn't go well for them just put it that way. Best videos end with them dancing on taser prongs.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:52 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Right you are Sir. I feel that The Corona virus is just a Trojan Horse for the vaccine and App to track people and control their movement. Maybe I'm just old and bitter but I do not trust any government, politician or elite billionaire.

Well then where the heck do I sign up to get paid for pretending I had it? There's no sense in me being this sick for free.

I didn't say the virus isn't real its just being used. Fauci and company paid lots of money to Wuhan for it.

Evidence for this crazy statement?

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:58 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
lostproperty wrote:
I never watch TV anymore but listen to the Sports radio whilst I'm doing household chores. Every ad break for the past 5 months or so has had at least one encouraging people to get vaxxed. All of a sudden the "don't miss out on the good times" vax ads have now given way to one telling you to download an app that will "keep life moving" because being vaxxed "doesn't stop you getting or spreading the virus", it's now the app that is going to save us again, then I expect it will be the booster or maybe masks will make a come back for a bit, maybe "wash your hands and don't touch your face" again if they're feeling really nostalgic.

It's an actual comedy routine now. People might be generally dumb out there but there's got to be a cut off point where the governments take this one step too far for even the most trusting and compliant members of our societies. God help us when something really serious comes along, I thought everybody knew the story of the girl who cried wolf.

Right you are Sir. I feel that The Corona virus is just a Trojan Horse for the vaccine and App to track people and control their movement. Maybe I'm just old and bitter but I do not trust any government, politician or elite billionaire.

You can't track or control anyone with a vaccine. You CAN track anyone who uses a smartphone. Trust me if the government is tracking you that's how they are doing it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 3:56 am

Misslizard wrote:
Idaho begins rationing healthcare as hospitals overwhelmed with covid.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... s.amp.html

A doctor called coronavirus vaccines ‘fake.’ Now he sits on an Idaho regional health board
Quote:
Leaders of Idaho’s most populous county were deluged with constituent emails last month as they prepared to choose the newest member of a once-obscure regional health board. A doctor who served on the board for 15 years had just been let go over his support for pandemic restrictions.

Hundreds wrote in for Ryan Cole, a doctor — backed by the Ada County Republican Party — who has called coronavirus vaccines “fake.”

The Republican commissioners of the county — which encompasses the state capital, Boise — said they welcomed Cole’s “outsider” perspective and willingness to “question” established medical guidance. They appointed him over the protests of their lone Democratic colleague.

To critics, Cole’s elevation to a public health-care role is an extreme example of GOP-driven resistance to not only mandates but basic medical guidance, as the pandemic overwhelms Idaho’s hospitals like never before.

About 40 percent of Idaho’s population is fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, one of the lowest rates in the country and significantly below the national figure of 54 percent.

Cole made these statements despite not being an epidemiologist. His application to the board says he is a diagnostic pathologist with experience in clinical medicine.

The county commissioners who voted to appoint Cole defended their pick in interviews with The Post. Davidson said he wanted someone “who would absolutely not go the route of shutdown.” Commissioner Rod Beck (R) said that “with this whole vaccine thing, we haven’t taken other alternative viewpoints.”

Beck said he has been vaccinated against the coronavirus and believes the shots “are working” — but also said people should not look to the public health department for any guidance on coronavirus vaccination beyond “consult with your doctor.”

Megan Blanksma, a Republican state lawmaker who sits on the Central District Health Board, echoed that broadly recommending vaccination, even with a talk-to-your-doctor caveat, seems “too far.”

“People don’t want the government telling them what to do,” she said.

A recent newsletter from Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin (R), who has clashed with the state’s more moderate governor over covid-19 measures, claimed falsely there is “clear” evidence that people “may be significantly worse off health-wise if they get vaccinated.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 4:01 am

California is seeing covid-19 cases drop. Has the state turned the tide on the delta variant?

Quote:
The delta variant of the coronavirus roared into California midsummer, striking hard even in places where many people were vaccinated. Cases spiked. Hospitals again began to swell with patients. The daily death toll climbed into the triple digits for the first time in months.

But after a season in which the highly transmissible variant wreaked havoc on the nation, California is reporting sustained progress against delta.

Earlier this week, California dropped from “high” to “substantial” virus spread, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It later bounced back up, but total new cases per 100,000 residents are still lower than any other state. The change in CDC designation — a barometer of how well states are doing in combating the virus — was celebrated by public health officials, who suggested it was a signal that California could be close to a turning point.

An aggressive push for vaccines, coupled with masks mandates at the local level and a public largely willing to go along with them, appear to have helped flatten the state’s curve, experts said.

“California, as compared to many other states in the nation, took rapid steps to recognize the extent of the problem and to apply more covid control measures,” said Robert Kim-Farley, a infectious-disease expert at UCLA Fielding School of Public Health. “I think if California had not taken these steps to curb transmission, we could have ended up with much higher levels.”

The fight against delta is far from over in the Golden State, which still faces a host of challenges in containing cases. Though infections have dropped in California’s population hubs in recent weeks, they remain high in parts of the Central Valley and rural north. An influx of patients has overwhelmed some intensive care units in those regions.

Compounding the problem, California hospitals are facing staffing shortages. Medical workers have struggled with burnout, and surges in other states have created intense competition for nurses, said Bryan Bucklew, president and chief executive of Hospital Council of Northern & Central California, a nonprofit trade association.

More than 57 percent of California’s population is fully vaccinated, higher than the national average. Big cities such as Los Angeles and San Francisco have moved to require vaccines for activities like dining in restaurants and working out in gyms. Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) ordered the shots for state employees and workers in high-risk settings, and rolled out incentives that included the country’s biggest vaccine lottery. And as delta spread, many of the state’s most populous counties brought back requirements for wearing face coverings indoors.

John Swartzberg, an infectious-disease expert at the University of California at Berkeley, said California has benefited from a population that’s generally receptive to public health directives. He said the attitude was rooted in the public health response to the AIDS crisis in the early 1980s.

“That established a culture primarily in the Bay Area, but it spread to Southern California, too,” he said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:13 pm

Business Insider:
"Pennsylvania will ration sales of Hennessy, Don Julio, and Patrón and other liquors due to supply chain shortages"

Oh, no. Are we in the End Times?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 9:49 am

NBC News: "Covid outbreak hits lions, tigers at National Zoo"

Quote:
Nine big cats at the National Zoo in Washington have tested positive for the coronavirus, which causes Covid-19, the Smithsonian Institution said Friday.

8-O Someone wasn't social distancing from them?!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 4:11 pm

COVID-19 in Florida: State reports 11,275 new cases as daily average drops to lowest in nearly two months

Quote:
The summer COVID-19 case surge continued to drop as the 7-day average for daily new cases dropped Friday to its lowest level since July 22, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.

Florida reported 11,275 new cases Friday, bringing the daily average to 10,877. There have been 3.5 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, the CDC data shows.

The state also increased its total coronavirus death toll by six on Friday. At least 50,817 Floridians have now died of COVID-related complications — that’s about 237 deaths per 100,000 population. Deaths are counted on the day they occur, not the day they are reported, and can take up to two weeks or more to be reflected in the data.

On Thursday, the number of people hospitalized for COVID in Florida dropped below 10,000 for the first time since late July, a 19% decline over the past week, according to data from the Florida Hospital Association.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 4:14 pm

Has anybody heard from Jimmy?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 5:22 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I've had not direct contact with him...but his profile says he has visited WP perhaps twice since his stroke. The last visit was September 1 and no posts since the April 25 post which was his one and only post since announcing his stroke.

I hope he is recovering well and I, too, miss his voice here.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 5:39 pm

Double Retired wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I've had not direct contact with him...but his profile says he has visited WP perhaps twice since his stroke. The last visit was September 1 and no posts since the April 25 post which was his one and only post since announcing his stroke.

Thank you. I hope he is recovering too. I've always enjoyed the content he posted here.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 5:50 pm

More have died from Covid in US than from the Spanish flu.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... mic-deaths

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 7:39 pm

This has been probably mentioned before.
Delta, apart from being more contagious, is also more deadly for unvaccinated people, apparently.
And humanity created this pestilence themselves. :lmao:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 7:41 pm

Double Retired wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

He is one of the most decent and knowledgeable people on this website.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 8:29 pm

A friend of a few acquaintances of mine died of covid today. Whether or not she was vaxxed; a 21 year old died of covid. What the hell?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 8:39 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
A friend of a few acquaintances of mine died of covid today. Whether or not she was vaxxed; a 21 year old died of covid. What the hell?

Did they have co-morbidities?