Page 483 of 535 [ 8549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486 ... 535  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 5:57 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Right you are Sir. I feel that The Corona virus is just a Trojan Horse for the vaccine and App to track people and control their movement. Maybe I'm just old and bitter but I do not trust any government, politician or elite billionaire.

Well then where the heck do I sign up to get paid for pretending I had it? There's no sense in me being this sick for free.

I didn't say the virus isn't real its just being used. Fauci and company paid lots of money to Wuhan for it.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 6:02 pm

"We've been patient but our patience is wearing thin!"
Since when did Biden become Emperor? We are sovereign citizens not subjects.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 9:47 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

His statement here reflects the majority opinion among Americans. Those who are doing their part to protect others are sick of those who won’t.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 10:04 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I didn't say the virus isn't real its just being used. Fauci and company paid lots of money to Wuhan for it.

"Used"? For what purpose?
To "track" people with some magical IV computer chip that's thinner than a human hair?
They can already track you with your smart phone, a technology that actually exists in Real Life.
You'd better get rid of yours.

What purpose would tracking 7.9 billion Earthlings even serve? To make sure Joe Blow doesn't hop a time portal into Narnia without government permission? It's gotta be something REALLY really big if they're spending this much money and killing this many people to make it happen.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 10:08 pm

They would be so bored tracking me.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 10:11 pm

USA Today: "Alabama man dies of cardiac event after 43 hospitals with full ICUs turned him away"

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 10:22 pm

That will become a common occurrence.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnew ... e-illness/

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 6:36 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

"Used"? For what purpose?
To "track" people with some magical IV computer chip that's thinner than a human hair?
They can already track you with your smart phone, a technology that actually exists in Real Life.
You'd better get rid of yours.

What purpose would tracking 7.9 billion Earthlings even serve? To make sure Joe Blow doesn't hop a time portal into Narnia without government permission? It's gotta be something REALLY really big if they're spending this much money and killing this many people to make it happen.

I would respond but you are determined to use Alinski's Rule #5 rather than engage in discussion.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 6:42 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

His statement here reflects the majority opinion among Americans. Those who are doing their part to protect others are sick of those who won’t.

Its the Mind Virus that is most dangerous. The idea that all must submit and obey the directives of the government rather than use their own best judgement.
The same people who 50 years ago spoke out against the establishment now tell us to blindly submit to the establishment. Authoritarians are authoritarians and once bodily autonomy is lost, they own you.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 7:53 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Its the Mind Virus that is most dangerous. The idea that all must submit and obey the directives of the government rather than use their own best judgement.
The same people who 50 years ago spoke out against the establishment now tell us to blindly submit to the establishment. Authoritarians are authoritarians and once bodily autonomy is lost, they own you.

It’s SCIENCE. Not “the establishment.”The entire world is dealing with the virus and scientists around the world are saying similar things. There is always room for doubt and differing opinions in science, but when the vast majority see the same thing, it is extremely likely they are right. If you and I aren’t trained in science, our own opinions are worthless. There are many people peddling false views and they can nearly all be traced back to a personal motive. Those are the people proliferating on the anti-science side, objecting to every measure that has any hope of tampering this pandemic. Bad information is the enemy, not SCIENCE.

I don’t like mandates. I’ll say that right off. There should always be a better way that leaves room for individual choice. But I can understand the government’s frustration. If we die and it could have been prevented, we blame them. If we didn’t have selfish people in so many ears pushing positions unsupported by science, government wouldn’t feel the desperation that drives it to consider making something mandatory. Biden was clear he didn’t want to go the mandatory route, but he’s out of tools. If firemen started believing the way to put out fires was to to turn the hose in the opposite direction, after enough homes needlessly burn to the ground, someone will make it mandatory to turn the water towards the home. Push leaders into a corner, they react. While I disagree with the mandatory approach, and worry it will backfire, at least I don’t see a selfish reason for him choosing it. Many large employers were already making that choice. And there IS a viable exception in the proposal: weekly testing.

Those of us doing our part to keep the virus under control truly are sick of all of those that aren’t. I can’t grasp how so many are willing to gamble with the lives of others in the community - with MY life-, because that is exactly what you do every time you assert an individual choice that is contraindicated by the science. Lobby for choice and freedom but wear the mask and get the vaccine. It is supported by SCIENCE.

I am trying so hard to give people grace, to find ways to mesh our belief systems together, but it feels like I have a lot more respect for their beliefs than they have for my LIFE. That isn’t a good feeling.

I was trying to gradually return to working in the office because it is better for my mental health, but I have an office mate who won’t vaccinate. We aren’t part of the potential mandate, but I am limiting my return and the company will invest in an air cleaning system, all to honor his choice. I am putting out the energy to work it out, not him. He doesn’t give a %*^&@. How am I supposed to feel about that? I’m respectful at the office, but my family is appalled, and I guess I’m venting my frustration out right now. Sorry about that.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 12 Sep 2021, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 10:53 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The idea that all must submit and obey the directives of the government rather than use their own best judgement.

The "best judgement" of about 50% of America = "I've read a lot of misinformation on the Internet, and I have decided that it is in my best interest to spread this virus far and wide. I really don't care if I live or die, and it wouldn't bother me one bit if I caused someone else's death."

In a perfect world, everyone would obey the Golden Rule, and government mandates would not be necessary.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:17 am

There is one aspect of immunity that is know fact proven time and time again and that is you use it or lose it. Simple as, no exceptions and still no exceptions against covid.

Artificial immunity given by a vaccine needs to be converted into natural herd immunity. You don't just have the vaccine and go back into hiding expecting it to work in another 5 years time. All that hiding from the virus does is weaken the vaccine more and more and eventually ruin its immunity. It's obvious now that the vaccine has a limited effective lifespan and once a both jabs are given it needs regular "updating".

In work they reintroduced masks because someone 50 miles away who has links to my workplace has caught it. Everyone in my workshop has been vaccinated and I'm livid that I'm not being given the opportunity to do exactly this "updating" that my vaccine needs.

In 5 years time, if I get told "You know those jabs you had a couple of years ago? We'll.... they're useless now and you have lost your Immunity....you also need a flu jab too" I would be very, very angry.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:38 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

It’s SCIENCE. Not “the establishment.”The entire world is dealing with the virus and scientists around the world are saying similar things. There is always room for doubt and differing opinions in science, but when the vast majority see the same thing, it is extremely likely they are right. If you and I aren’t trained in science, our own opinions are worthless. There are many people peddling false views and they can nearly all be traced back to a personal motive. Those are the people proliferating on the anti-science side, objecting to every measure that has any hope of tampering this pandemic. Bad information is the enemy, not SCIENCE.

I don’t like mandates. I’ll say that right off. There should always be a better way that leaves room for individual choice. But I can understand the government’s frustration. If we die and it could have been prevented, we blame them. If we didn’t have selfish people in so many ears pushing positions unsupported by science, government wouldn’t feel the desperation that drives it to consider making something mandatory. Biden was clear he didn’t want to go the mandatory route, but he’s out of tools. If firemen started believing the way to put out fires was to to turn the hose in the opposite direction, after enough homes needlessly burn to the ground, someone will make it mandatory to turn the water towards the home. Push leaders into a corner, they react. While I disagree with the mandatory approach, and worry it will backfire, at least I don’t see a selfish reason for him choosing it. Many large employers were already making that choice. And there IS a viable exception in the proposal: weekly testing.

Those of us doing our part to keep the virus under control truly are sick of all of those that aren’t. I can’t grasp how so many are willing to gamble with the lives of others in the community - with MY life-, because that is exactly what you do every time you assert an individual choice that is contraindicated by the science. Lobby for choice and freedom but wear the mask and get the vaccine. It is supported by SCIENCE.

I am trying so hard to give people grace, to find ways to mesh our belief systems together, but it feels like I have a lot more respect for their beliefs than they have for my LIFE. That isn’t a good feeling.

I was trying to gradually return to working in the office because it is better for my mental health, but I have an office mate who won’t vaccinate. We aren’t part of the potential mandate, but I am limiting my return and the company will invest in an air cleaning system, all to honor his choice. I am putting out the energy to work it out, not him. He doesn’t give a %*^&@. How am I supposed to feel about that? I’m respectful at the office, but my family is appalled, and I guess I’m venting my frustration out right now. Sorry about that.

There are plenty in the medical/scientific community who disagree with entire official narrative and the need for a vaccine. Of course debate is not allowed and only one side is heard because money talks.
BTW. How is an unvaccinated person a danger to a vaccinated person? Even pre-Covid I never understood this.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:50 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

There are plenty in the medical/scientific community who disagree with entire official narrative and the need for a vaccine. Of course debate is not allowed and only one side is heard because money talks.
BTW. How is an unvaccinated person a danger to a vaccinated person? Even pre-Covid I never understood this.

I think the majority including me think that vaccines are needed but they work best as a stepping stone to providing safe naturally immunity....this well understood science seems to be lost on almost everyone and every government all of a sudden.

Unvaccinated people provide a vaccinated person a good opportunity for a free "booster" too.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:47 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
If you get them out of their personal sphere of expertise then you should not rely as much on their opinion.

Some people cannot be vaccinated due to age or other medical conditions. You do understand that an unvaccinated person is a danger to them, right?

And they never said the vaccines would be 100% effective. Having more unvaccinated people around increases the chances for breakthrough infections in unlucky vaccinated people. That sounds dangerous to me.

And every time the virus replicates there is a chance for it to mutate into a new variant. The more copies of the virus out there the more chances it has to create new variants. And some variants (think "Delta") are worse than the original virus. Voluntarily unvaccinated people are, in effect, volunteering safe-harbor to the vaccine and a safe place for it to spawn new variants.

And we know from the news that unvaccinated people are keeping the hospitals and ICUs busy. Voluntarily hogging those facilities might make the facilities unavailable for other people. (I'm old enough that I'd appreciate having medical facilities available when I need them.)

Your freedoms do not include the freedom to endanger other people.

:-? If he can't see how giving safe-harbor & free-transport to a deadly virus endangers other people, see if he'd like to buy a bridge.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:43 pm

Idaho begins rationing healthcare as hospitals overwhelmed with covid.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... s.amp.html