1 person killed and 7 injured in downtown Seattle shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:29 am

WHNT

Quote:
Authorities are searching for a gunman after one person was killed and several others were injured in a shooting in downtown Seattle, police and fire officials said Wednesday.

The shooting was reported Wednesday afternoon near Fourth Avenue and Pine Street, near Westlake Park, police tweeted.

Seattle Fire Department Chief Harold Scoggins said one person was dead and at least five people injured were taken to Harborview Medical Center.

“I am sick for those impacted by the gun violence in Seattle tonight,” Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said on Twitter.

A 9-year-old boy and a 55-year-old woman were injured in the shooting, said David Cuerpo, a spokesman with the fire department.

The child was in serious condition while the woman was in critical condition Wednesday. The woman was taken into surgery Wednesday night, according to Harborview Medical Center. Three other men who were injured were in stable condition, Cuerpo said.

The person who died in the shooting has not been identified.

The suspect appears to have been a “lone shooter,” Seattle Police Department Chief Carmen Best told reporters.

Wednesday’s shooting comes a day after a 55-year-old man died in a shooting near the same intersection, CNN affiliate KCPQ reported.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 23 Jan 2020, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:31 am

Any word on the motive?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 9:54 am

I read about this this morning,scary,I have family in Seattle.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 1:12 pm

1 dead, 7 injured in downtown Seattle shooting; suspects still at large

Quote:
The shooting happened around 5 p.m. after a fight escalated outside a McDonald's restaurant on 3rd Avenue and Pine Street.

"This was not a random incident," Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best said. "There were multiple people involved. There was a dispute that happened in front of the McDonald's. People pulled out guns and shots rang out."

Authorities say there were multiple shooters involved who then fled during the chaos. Chief Best says detectives are reviewing video to see the exact number of people involved in the altercation. She is calling on witnesses to help with the investigation.

Officials say a woman between 40 and 50 years old was killed while seven other people were hospitalized at Harborview Medical Center.

The youngest of the shooting victims, a 9-year-old boy, was listed in satisfactory condition Thursday. Harborview spokesperson Susan Gregg said a 55-year-old woman was in serious condition and a 32-year-old man was in satisfactory condition.

The other four victims, men ages 21 to 49 years old, had all been treated and discharged from the hospital as of 10:05 p.m. Wednesday, Gregg said.

The incident is the latest in a string of violence happening in the span of 48 hours within the city. A man was killed Tuesday in a shooting near Westlake Center.

What has changed is that people shooting each other because of a personal dispute don’t care about collateral damage.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 1:19 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
1 dead, 7 injured in downtown Seattle shooting; suspects still at large
Quote:
The shooting happened around 5 p.m. after a fight escalated outside a McDonald's restaurant on 3rd Avenue and Pine Street.

"This was not a random incident," Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best said. "There were multiple people involved. There was a dispute that happened in front of the McDonald's. People pulled out guns and shots rang out."

Authorities say there were multiple shooters involved who then fled during the chaos. Chief Best says detectives are reviewing video to see the exact number of people involved in the altercation. She is calling on witnesses to help with the investigation.

Officials say a woman between 40 and 50 years old was killed while seven other people were hospitalized at Harborview Medical Center.

The youngest of the shooting victims, a 9-year-old boy, was listed in satisfactory condition Thursday. Harborview spokesperson Susan Gregg said a 55-year-old woman was in serious condition and a 32-year-old man was in satisfactory condition.

The other four victims, men ages 21 to 49 years old, had all been treated and discharged from the hospital as of 10:05 p.m. Wednesday, Gregg said.

The incident is the latest in a string of violence happening in the span of 48 hours within the city. A man was killed Tuesday in a shooting near Westlake Center.

What has changed is that people shooting each other because of a personal dispute don’t care about collateral damage.
As usual.