Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Truthful_One
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2010, 11:23 am

I have never liked her, she seemed much too crude to me. But I have recently seen her infamous Letterman show on youtube and a clip from Evita and that's what made me come here with the intent of posting the same question that started this thread. I definitely think she does. I'm a show biz person and I have Asperger's. The thing is that I can't connect to people one on one. But from stage I can. Off stage, everybody turns away after a short conversation and if I'm lucky they say "you're funny" because they don't know anything else to label me with. On stage, I'm prepared. I have rehearsed somebody else's words and am prepared as to how to deliver. I'm loved. I can break the barrier and appeal directly to their emotions.
I agree Madonna is a tough cookie. But that doesn't mean she doesn't face a lot of challenges. She's an endless fighter. And if she insisted on an interviewer not breaking eye-contact, that might easily her trying to face THAT challenge. In the video of "I'd be surprisingly good for you" she is not capable of much eye-contact. It's also typical for her to blink a whole lot.
The Letterman interview was her trying to outplay the IMAGE Letterman had made fun of in recent shows. She was trying to get back at him for portraying her that way. She said "if you want to play dirty, that's a game I'll easily beat you at" or something like that. Nobody got it, including Dave, although she had informed his team that that's what she would be doing.
She's got a whole lot of nerdy mind loops going on there, I can totally identify with that. (Unfortunately, I'm not a fighter.)
I just have to mention that Aspie women can be a whole lot more complex than Aspie men. Or maybe it's just comorbidities. I also am borderline, bipolar and very anxious. She probably has a low self-esteem thing going on because she's always majorly out to prove herself.
Oy, that was long.

Truthful_One
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2010, 11:43 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfhfDz-vQs8&NR=1

Hmm... I don't know... what do you think?

babybuggy32
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

haha yes and lady gaga and the twilight cast and every superstar who has ever lived

Truthful_One
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2010, 4:14 pm

You know what, I saw another interview, and - screw whatever I said. Thing is, the mere definition of AS is that you can't cope in some ways and it keeps you from leading a normal life. She definitely knows how to get what she wants. There's that fine border of where it's only some traits that you can overcome or a real disability.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 7:36 am

I don't think she is an aspie. But I do think she has some issue with herself. I once saw an interview with her and she claimed that as a child she felt unloved and made it a mission to be loved by as many people as possible. So she set herself off on a journey and has since been unable to deviate from that journey. I reckon she suffers from childhood trauma and so she dare not stop working for fear she will be left alone with her traumas.

I wish she would just stop working and get help. It will give us all a break.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 3:58 pm

I think she has William's Syndrome. She talks to anything that moves.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm

Not just no, but HELL NO.

She's the complete opposite of Asperger's. Jesus f*****g Christ, not every famous person has it.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 11:24 pm

Delirium wrote:
Not just no, but HELL NO.

She's the complete opposite of Asperger's. Jesus f***ing Christ, not every famous person has it.

Agreed. Next thing you know someone will ask "Did Pontius Pilate have aspeger's?"

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

I'm probably talking out of my ass, but I noticed that every flamboyant gay person I meet listens to Madonna in some way shape or form. I mean I don't judge, but Madonna isn't really that good to me. Just another female celebrity musician.

I BET VIN DIESEL HAS ASPERGERS, AND JIM CARREY

mikey1138
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Aug 2010, 2:19 pm

Lmao! This thread has made me laugh! Thank you :D

flipflopjenkins
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2010, 5:50 pm

Dalton_Man321 wrote:
I'm probably talking out of my ass, but I noticed that every flamboyant gay person I meet listens to Madonna in some way shape or form.

I've noticed that too: Madonna and/or Kylie Minogue and/or Abba.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2010, 8:14 am

Oh yeah, Abba was the other one.

as408
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2011, 10:50 pm

There is no way this woman has AS/AUT. She seems to have enough social skill and charm to make herself a music icon. Furthermore, she's known for changing her look pretty frequently. She knew how to adapt her style and appearance to fit the times.
And no she sure as hell don't have Williams Syndrome. She doesn't have that distinctive appearance that WS brings.

For your information, I'm a straight guy and I loved her 1985 Virgin Tour performance. That was her at her very best and most energetic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 11:11 pm

she is extremely NT.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 5:52 am

Definitely NT. I can't see how anyone believes she has Asperger's.

And I saw the Youtube vids. She's just how a social NT human acts and talks.

I do agree she has psychological issues, though.

Sam2001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2011, 7:05 am

probably not. But then again could be. Will we never know.
unless madonna states otherwise. I think there is actually are
aspie singer.