Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Breaknoise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2020, 8:48 am

Hello,

Although I only have a few posts in the forum, I am surprised at the amount of good people that exist, and the support you feel in each reply. Thank you, everyone.

Recently, during a session with my psychiatrist, I talked to him about all the anxiety I'm feeling these weeks (probably the evaluation is not helping), and he recommended me some physical activity (I've been thinking about starting swimming for a few months now), but I don't know exactly how to fit it into my schedule. I don't know if it happens to you, but I have a highly planned daily routine in hours, and when I have to do something new or incorporate new activities, it is very difficult for me. My routine would be something like this:

6:30am I wake up.
6:35am Shower and dress.
6:45am Breakfast.
7:00am I leave for work.
7:15am Train.
7:45am I walk into my office.
7:45am to 9:30am Deep focus (from there, my personal hell begins with everyone entering the office, talking, etc.).
12:00 Lunch.
12:30 to 4:30pm Surviving in the office, trying to isolate myself with headphones and going occasionally to less light-filled areas, or to the bathroom to sit in silence for a while.
4:45pm Train to home.
5:20pm I arrive home and am with my children and wife, mainly painting, or making constructions with magnetic puzzle pieces.
7pm The kids are in bed and my wife and I have a moment to ourselves before dinner.
8pm Dinner.
9:30pm Sleep.

Is the same for you guys? On the other hand, I am fascinated by the "round" hours (7:20, 5:45, etc. I don't like for example 4:33, 2:27, etc.), weird, right?

How do you adopt a new routine and make it part of your daily routine?

Thank you for reading me,

W

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2020, 9:56 am

Well I am not an expert at this stuff but i would suggest go swimming with your family during your family time every couple days? It can become a family activity for all of you and physical activity for yourself as well! :)
Hopefully this helps....