Autistic child creates clothing line to save animals

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2020, 4:12 am

Such terrible stories about what has been happening to autistics lately, we need a reminder, not all autism news is bad.

9-year-old girl with autism creates clothing line to save endangered animals

Quote:
A young girl with autism has found an outlet through animals.

Eco Evie is a clothing line created by Evie Mutsch, who hopes to raise money to save the most endangered species around the globe.

The clothing is made entirely of water bottles.

The 9-year-old has an incredible knowledge of the most obscure animals. She listed off a few.

"Okapi's I like, Omer Leppard, Omer Tiger...,"she said.

Her goal is to raise awareness of what is happening around us saying, "Instead of all this destruction, this could put an end to it."

With the help of her mother, Evie creates patterns on hoodies, shirts, pants and dresses.

Her next creation may soon help animals affected by Australia's bushfires.

"Koalas, this is a fascinating part, they have the same fingerprint as we do!" said Evie.

Evie was diagnosed with autism at 2½ years old.

This past fall, Evie strutted her stuff on the catwalk for her second fashion show

The mother-daughter duo plan to find a conservation to partner with and to donate 10 percent of their profits

Link to her clothing line

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman