Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

31 Jan 2020, 7:05 pm

BREAKING: Far-left activists, antifa swarm NYC—multiple arrests made

Multiple people were arrested on Friday night as antifa and far-left “decolonization” activists converged on Grand Central Station in New York City as part of their “F*ck the Police” protest.

After arrests were made in Grand Central Station, protestors took to the streets to march, chanting “How do you spell racist? NYPD!”

Others chanted “No justice, no peace! F*ck these racist-*ss police!”

At one point, the protestors tried to storm a subway stop. Police quickly mobilized and prevented their entry.

One masked protestor screamed “F*ck the police” as she was arrested.

The protests were organized online, with one far-left Twitter account tweeting: “The streets are ours. The trains our [sic] ours. The walls are ours. This moment is ours. How will you and your crew build and f**k s**t up for #FTP3 on #J31 (THIS FRIDAY)?”


https://www.thepostmillennial.com/break ... ests-made/


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

31 Jan 2020, 10:39 pm

Lots of video clips at the link.


Anarchists spark riots, vandalism at Grand Central - shutting down trains and causing mayhem

MANHATTAN, NY- New York is out of control. Thanks to new criminal justice reforms, criminals are no longer afraid to get arrested because they know they’ll be out on the streets before police finish their reports. And empowered by anti-police politicians, they are starting to make things very interesting.

CBS New York reports multiple arrests at Grand Central Station after anarchists gathered there on Friday night. Media outlets are identifying them as protesters but trust us, they are anything but protesting.

After they left Grand Central, they headed out 42nd Street and marched toward nearby Bryant Park, then headed down into the subway during a time when there is heavy commuter traffic.

The mass chaos was started by a group that had posted online calling for mass sabotage and chaos at MTA facilities in the city.

The demonstration was led by an anti-police group that apparently thinks subway systems run for free and thus they have the right to not pay for the privilege of using it. They also want police officers banned from patrolling the trains.

The protest began in part after the MTA held a vote to hire an additional 500 police officers to patrol MTA facilities, trains and buses. This was in response to a spike in crime that has plagued the MTA.


https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/ana ... d-central/


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,265
Location: Long Island, New York

01 Feb 2020, 6:11 am

Darmok wrote:
Lots of video clips at the link.


Anarchists spark riots, vandalism at Grand Central - shutting down trains and causing mayhem

MANHATTAN, NY- New York is out of control. Thanks to new criminal justice reforms, criminals are no longer afraid to get arrested because they know they’ll be out on the streets before police finish their reports. And empowered by anti-police politicians, they are starting to make things very interesting.

CBS New York reports multiple arrests at Grand Central Station after anarchists gathered there on Friday night. Media outlets are identifying them as protesters but trust us, they are anything but protesting.

After they left Grand Central, they headed out 42nd Street and marched toward nearby Bryant Park, then headed down into the subway during a time when there is heavy commuter traffic.

The mass chaos was started by a group that had posted online calling for mass sabotage and chaos at MTA facilities in the city.

The demonstration was led by an anti-police group that apparently thinks subway systems run for free and thus they have the right to not pay for the privilege of using it. They also want police officers banned from patrolling the trains.

The protest began in part after the MTA held a vote to hire an additional 500 police officers to patrol MTA facilities, trains and buses. This was in response to a spike in crime that has plagued the MTA.


https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/ana ... d-central/

Riots, terrorism? More like a group tantrum. The subway, trains, and buses were not more late than usual. New York has dealt with a lot worse.

Their call to abolish the police has near zero support.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,218
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Feb 2020, 7:22 pm

How is a demonstration - even if it gets out of control and vandalism occurs - anything like terrorism?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 1 Jun 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,440

01 Feb 2020, 8:07 pm

Because when it is out of control, it is a mob, and when it is vandalism, it's a form of terrorism. They are doing it to intimidate.

Mature people do not throw tantrums to get what they want. I hope Antifa is jailed and all the rest of the Communists they can round up.


_________________
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 134 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,218
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Feb 2020, 8:56 pm

Borromeo wrote:
Because when it is out of control, it is a mob, and when it is vandalism, it's a form of terrorism. They are doing it to intimidate.

Mature people do not throw tantrums to get what they want. I hope Antifa is jailed and all the rest of the Communists they can round up.


Unless the vandalism was an unforeseen outcome.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,738
Location: Everville

01 Feb 2020, 9:30 pm

Disgusting


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,265
Location: Long Island, New York

02 Feb 2020, 4:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Borromeo wrote:
Because when it is out of control, it is a mob, and when it is vandalism, it's a form of terrorism. They are doing it to intimidate.

Mature people do not throw tantrums to get what they want. I hope Antifa is jailed and all the rest of the Communists they can round up.


Unless the vandalism was an unforeseen outcome.


It was not. The whole idea was to "sabotage" the transit system. They failed
Multiple Arrests Reported At Anti-Police, Anti-MTA Fare Protest Amid Acts Of Subway Vandalism
Quote:
Prior to staging the disruption on Friday, three masked members of the protest group could be seen in a Twitter video encouraging people to skip fares, damage turnstiles and engage in a mass sabotage of the MTA, pointing followers toward a demonstration at Grand Central.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,218
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Feb 2020, 5:58 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Borromeo wrote:
Because when it is out of control, it is a mob, and when it is vandalism, it's a form of terrorism. They are doing it to intimidate.

Mature people do not throw tantrums to get what they want. I hope Antifa is jailed and all the rest of the Communists they can round up.


Unless the vandalism was an unforeseen outcome.


It was not. The whole idea was to "sabotage" the transit system. They failed
Multiple Arrests Reported At Anti-Police, Anti-MTA Fare Protest Amid Acts Of Subway Vandalism
Quote:
Prior to staging the disruption on Friday, three masked members of the protest group could be seen in a Twitter video encouraging people to skip fares, damage turnstiles and engage in a mass sabotage of the MTA, pointing followers toward a demonstration at Grand Central.


Admittedly they were wrong. Good that they had been stopped.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,159
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

02 Feb 2020, 11:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
How is a demonstration - even if it gets out of control and vandalism occurs - anything like terrorism?


Its not, sometimes conservatives just like to use exaggerated language. Kind of like some of them such as Trump can never say the world liberal without adding the word radical beforehand, it always has to be 'radical liberals'.

At worst a situation like what is being discussed here would be referred to as a riot, not terrorism. At least if we are using words accurately.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,159
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

02 Feb 2020, 11:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Borromeo wrote:
Because when it is out of control, it is a mob, and when it is vandalism, it's a form of terrorism. They are doing it to intimidate.

Mature people do not throw tantrums to get what they want. I hope Antifa is jailed and all the rest of the Communists they can round up.


Unless the vandalism was an unforeseen outcome.


It was not. The whole idea was to "sabotage" the transit system. They failed
Multiple Arrests Reported At Anti-Police, Anti-MTA Fare Protest Amid Acts Of Subway Vandalism
Quote:
Prior to staging the disruption on Friday, three masked members of the protest group could be seen in a Twitter video encouraging people to skip fares, damage turnstiles and engage in a mass sabotage of the MTA, pointing followers toward a demonstration at Grand Central.


Admittedly they were wrong. Good that they had been stopped.


True, we have the right to 'peacefully' assemble....what they did does not seem to be a peaceful assembly.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,900
Location: Houston, Texas

02 Feb 2020, 1:44 pm

I cannot support fascists or Antifa.

There are plenty of ideologies between anarcho-communism and fascism.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,218
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Feb 2020, 8:57 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
How is a demonstration - even if it gets out of control and vandalism occurs - anything like terrorism?


Its not, sometimes conservatives just like to use exaggerated language. Kind of like some of them such as Trump can never say the world liberal without adding the word radical beforehand, it always has to be 'radical liberals'.

At worst a situation like what is being discussed here would be referred to as a riot, not terrorism. At least if we are using words accurately.


All true.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,455
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

04 Feb 2020, 5:15 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
How is a demonstration - even if it gets out of control and vandalism occurs - anything like terrorism?


Its not, sometimes conservatives just like to use exaggerated language. Kind of like some of them such as Trump can never say the world liberal without adding the word radical beforehand, it always has to be 'radical liberals'.

At worst a situation like what is being discussed here would be referred to as a riot, not terrorism. At least if we are using words accurately.


I wouldn't assume that OP had any interest in being honest, given the long history of these sorts of misleading posts.


_________________
we are not disadvantaged, we are targeted for destruction


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

04 Feb 2020, 5:54 am

Not surprising. True colors.



Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,979
Location: Rural England

04 Feb 2020, 6:50 am

Not sure how relevant this is to how these things go down in the US, but here goes:

In Britain we have a tiny (500 or less members) political outfit called “The Socialist Workers Party” or SWP who turn up at every left of centre protest, march & rally handing out party branded placards and banners with generic slogans on them to (mostly) young persons who don’t know who they are or what their agenda is*: thus creating the impression that they are a credible threat to the status quo, when in reality they’re a small circle of z-list former academics & failed journalists who haven’t accepted that the 1980s happened.

Anyway: since I noticed this I’ve been pretty skeptical of claims that far-left, or for that matter far-right, grassroots groups are what they claim to be, or have anything approaching the influence and reach ascribed to them.

—————————————
*they’re a Trotskyite outfit who think they’re preparing for a global revolution by writing nitpicking articles about subjects such as the history of borders in Eastern Europe in magazines no-one I know apart from me has ever heard of, let alone read.