Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2020, 6:26 pm

I been getting Constipation, my stomach can hurt. Can someone help me?

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2020, 9:57 pm

You can get over the counter meds that work good. One pretty gentle one is Senokot. You can get a version with a stool softener too. Or sometimes Milk of Magnesia can help.

If it happens a lot you should try to eat extra fibre, like whole grain bread instead of white bread, vegetables like broccoli (steamed). You could try Metamucil mixed in water. Lots of water will help soften things too.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2020, 5:55 pm

Miralax, buy it over the counter. It may take up to a few days to work but its a lot less painful than stimulant laxatives like Senokot. You can also adjust the dose to your needs. I'd recommend starting small and work your way up slowly each day until you go. I guess it depends on how severely constipated you are though.

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism

Creative_Writer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2020, 7:44 pm

You can take Miralax everyday or every other day.

Eating lots of veggies, fruits, and lean meats (fish, chicken) can help. Fast foods, gluten, dairy, chocolate, or breadth foods can all be constipating. You might want to try keeping track of what you eat during the week to see if there are certain foods that cause your stomachaches.

I also buy probiotic powders and pour them in my almond milk or yogurt in the morning. Probiotics are natural, good bacteria for your stomach. :)

Going on walks or doing some type of daily exercise can help keep things moving, too.

And drinking lots of water throughout the day helps all the fiber / food you eat to go through because even fiber can be constipating in large amounts.

As a fellow Aspie, our stomachs can be naturally more sensitive to foods than other people's. Hope this helps you!

Guy Incognito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2020, 8:02 am

Miralax is safe for long term use. I go to a visceral physical therapist that gets stuff moving as well

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 9:54 am

Coconut juice or large doses of magnesium are a couple of other options. You have to drink a lot of coconut juice for it to work though.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 10:06 am

Noca wrote:
Miralax, buy it over the counter. It may take up to a few days to work but its a lot less painful than stimulant laxatives like Senokot. You can also adjust the dose to your needs. I'd recommend starting small and work your way up slowly each day until you go. I guess it depends on how severely constipated you are though.

Miralax can lead to emergency. Do you get any fiber? Drinking liquids/water can help with the stomach's peristaltic movement.