Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Voldemort
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Feb 2020, 1:48 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m in Ireland if that makes a difference.

Quantum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2020, 1:49 pm

Voldemort wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m in Ireland if that makes a difference.

https://wrongplanet.net/noise-cancellin ... or-autism/

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 2:13 pm

Recently it has been suggested to me that I may benefit from some. I have to say that I have never tried them. For me, it is in a building or a room where lots of people talk at the same time that can be difficult. I have to really concentrate if someone talks to me so I can pick out what they say, but to be honest, I usually tend to avoid the situation. I was told those headphones can pick up a single persons voice and noise cancel all the other people talking which sounds very useful. The only thing that puts me off them is they look quite big. One can't exactly hide the fact that one is using them if one has a pair.

nikarose
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2020, 10:51 pm

I just got my first good pair and they are amazing. I am using them constantly in stores, airports, etc. I got the Bose QuietComfort 35 II. Expensive, but worth it if possible.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2020, 11:43 pm

I bought a pair of active noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones by Boltune about 6 months ago and, honestly, I don't know how I managed to survive without a pair after all these years of aural torture. Last at checked (today), they sell for $68.99, down from $83.99. I bought them mainly because the OCD tenant who lives above me rearranges her furniture every day. And when I say every day, I mean EVERY DAY!

https://www.amazon.com/Boltune-Cancelli ... P8J&sr=8-8

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 3:15 am

Wearing my Sony WH-1000XM2 right now. Pricey but one of the best buys I have ever made.