Let's go back to the old ways to avoid the coronavirus

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 5:40 pm

kokopelli wrote:
I've come down with a pretty good cold.

I have a white hat, a number of pearl snap shirts, none of them black, and a red bandana (if i can find it).

This morning was easily the worst I have felt all week. As bad as I felt this morning, I don't feel particularly bad this afternoon. I still have the cold, but it is more of a minor nuisance now. So at the moment, this is probably the best that I've felt all week.

The really odd thing was that this day has progressed about the slowest of any day in my life. I'd doze off and wake up a half hour later, but it would feel like several hours later.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 11:15 pm

kokopelli wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
I've come down with a pretty good cold.

I have a white hat, a number of pearl snap shirts, none of them black, and a red bandana (if i can find it).

This morning was easily the worst I have felt all week. As bad as I felt this morning, I don't feel particularly bad this afternoon. I still have the cold, but it is more of a minor nuisance now. So at the moment, this is probably the best that I've felt all week.

The really odd thing was that this day has progressed about the slowest of any day in my life. I'd doze off and wake up a half hour later, but it would feel like several hours later.

I sure hope this problem with the perception of time resolves itself soon.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 5:41 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Just now realized that its not a restaurant, and that it says "mattresses". :lol:

But what the heck? I will just leave Oakridge Boys vid up.

It was a home depot type franchise called "Harvey Norman" that sell beds and mattresses :lol:

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 10:39 pm

I've been coughing so much and so hard that my stomach muscles are quite store. I think that I've strained the stomach muscles at one location.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 11:04 pm

kokopelli wrote:
I've been coughing so much and so hard that my stomach muscles are quite store. I think that I've strained the stomach muscles at one location.

I hope you feel better soon. I had a bad cold a few years ago in which the latent coughing was so intense and uncontrollable that it resulted in aggravating a mild hernia I had into something that I ended up opting for surgery to correct. Horrible coughing fits.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 11:09 pm

I've often wondered: In theory, if every person on the planet isolated themselves from others for a period of a few weeks, would diseases like the common cold become extinct?

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 4:04 am

Magna wrote:
I've often wondered: In theory, if every person on the planet isolated themselves from others for a period of a few weeks, would diseases like the common cold become extinct?

That's a really good question.

Of course, anything that is zoonotic would survive. For example, it wouldn't do anything about Influenza, plague, tularemia, hantavirus, rabies, ebola, Marburg, llasa fever, West Nile Virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis, ... .

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 3:56 pm

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 8:18 pm

I'll get myself a gas mask once I'm working again.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 8:44 pm

Sigbold wrote:
If you really want to go back to the old ways...

Burn the witch!! !

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 2:09 am

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2020, 11:36 pm

A scarf like Tom Baker wore in Dr Who could keep you warn and be used as a mask!