Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Breaknoise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2020, 1:20 pm

Hello,

I am writing to tell you that tomorrow my long evaluation process ends and I will receive, after another evaluation session, the feedback or final result. I don't know what to expect or what the sequence of events will be (which, on the other hand, generates me a lot of anxiety... more than I usually do). Can anyone tell me what do I face?

Besides, I was thinking that I will enter through the door, being, at this moment, given my situation, a broken, disoriented, dazed person... to have a label, which will not change the previous thing, I will have to continue facing my fears.

Thanks for read me.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 3:03 pm

Good luck, I hope you get the answers you want. I wouldn't be too nervous, all they'll really do is sit you down and go through the results of the tests you took, one by one, then at the end they'll tell you whether or not the results add up to a diagnosis of some sort.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 3:25 pm

Congratulations on nearing the end of your journey.

My diagnostic doctor told me at the end of the test day that I was definitely autistic "not Aspergers or HFA" ... but she didn't say much more than that in terms of details. I had to wait a month for the final appointment. The final appointment didn't have any further evaluation procedures. She just gave me a copy of the report and read through it with me page by page. If I had any questions or corrections to make I was able to tell her. I pointed out a couple of typos and little errors about my life history, but was too nervous to pay much attention until I got home. I also signed consent forms so she could send copies of my report to my GP, my psychiatrist and my trauma psychologist. (Make sure you take their names and contact info for that purpose). She wanted to know if I needed help applying for government benefits, but I already receive them for trauma and a stroke, so I was disqualified from getting an increase. If I had been eligible to apply, she would have helped me.

I was encouraged to read the report again at home and email her any other changes. I found a few more little mistakes, emailed them to her, and got a new hard copy in the post, as well as an encrypted link to access my report online. My other doctors then received hard copies of this updated version, for my files.

I don't know if your appointment will be structured in the same way but I wish you luck. I know how nerve wracking it is to wait for results of any test.

Hugs and good luck!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 6:43 pm

Breaknoise wrote:
Hello,

I am writing to tell you that tomorrow my long evaluation process ends and I will receive, after another evaluation session, the feedback or final result. I don't know what to expect or what the sequence of events will be (which, on the other hand, generates me a lot of anxiety... more than I usually do). Can anyone tell me what do I face?

Besides, I was thinking that I will enter through the door, being, at this moment, given my situation, a broken, disoriented, dazed person... to have a label, which will not change the previous thing, I will have to continue facing my fears.

Thanks for read me.

Glad you're nearing the end of this lengthy process :). You'll likely look back and realise there really was no need to feel so anxious, as the thought of these things, is almost always worse than the actual event. Perhaps, try changing the way you're viewing things, turning them more to the positive than the negative. Maybe start to focus on the things you have going for you, and your hopes and goals for the future. So sorry that you feel "broken, disoriented and dazed." Hope you're given the support you need to feel better about yourself and to face any fears you might have head on, so as to conquer them. Life is full of challenges, and hopefully you'll come out stronger, given time.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 9:03 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
Good luck, I hope you get the answers you want. I wouldn't be too nervous, all they'll really do is sit you down and go through the results of the tests you took, one by one, then at the end they'll tell you whether or not the results add up to a diagnosis of some sort.

That's what it was for me too. It would have been nicer if they could have given me the brief summary at the beginning, rather than at the end.