Do you like word or number or jigsaw puzzles?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 10:02 pm

I do!! My favorite sites are:
Nonograms Katana (an app - fav builds are by belko61)
https://www.conceptispuzzles.com
http://www.nikoli.co.jp/en/puzzles/ (order amazing puzzle books - you don't need to read japanese)

I also love GAMES Magazine (since I was a teen), everything Nikoli (especially Nurikabe, Heyawake, Yajilin, Masyu, Hitori, and Fillomino), and the full-page very difficult crossword puzzles they had in the Halifax Nova Scotia Chronicle Herald on weekends when I was a kid. I only ever finished one of them and it was the best feeling. If anybody knows where I can get those crosswords I'd be forever in your debt!

I like Sudoku too of course but prefer a game that takes hours, uses logic, and never just plain guessing. I'd rather leave it unfinished.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 10:09 pm

Oh, and I love jigsaw puzzles too! I prefer snow, or blue sky, or busy flower gardens. As long as the pieces interlock, and are at least 1000 pieces. My eyes are not what they used to be so it's harder to catch the different nuances of colour unless I lean right over the table, but I still enjoy them.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 10:23 pm

I've done a lot jigsaw puzzles. I can flip over the pieces and go by shapes if they are differently shaped. :D

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 2:05 am

I much prefer word puzzles to jigsaw and number puzzles . I can't even do jigsaws meant for children.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 3:03 am

I am no good at word or number puzzles. But I like putting jigsaw puzzles together. Although it takes me a long time to complete one.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Feb 2020, 3:27 am

I love puzzles of al kinds.
The non-verbal kinds (numbers, shapes, jigsaws) I find more relaxing, as random words from the background don't interfere with solving them.
My favorite source of puzzles for print:
https://krazydad.com/

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 3:30 am

I am no good with jigsaws and also lack patience.

It's usually the same with numbers, although I like the not too hard 6 digit sudokus.

Word puzzles can be fun, I play some both on my DS, Switch and in mags.

I also like puzzle games like Tetris and Subara City. The latter is very relaxing,as is Solitaire and Mahjong

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 3:36 am

Love crossword puzzles. I still haven't figured out what suduko is about, however.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 3:38 am

jigsaws, mahjong and imagesearches most, these days wormszone is my daily game
numbergames, sudoku, rummikub etc are good too
and word games not so much

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 3:56 am

I prefer jigsaw puzzles out of the three. Generally I am better at illustrated puzzles; I am excellent at slider puzzles where you have to rearrange the pieces by moving up/down or left/right until all of them are in order. I've managed to do an eight piece slider puzzle in three seconds before, it's something of a party trick of mine. Spot the difference is fun for me.

However, I am often quite bad with puzzles that involve numbers. My brain heavily leans towards dealing with pictures better than numerical information. Take Sudoku for instance. I have visual processing issues that effect the order of which I process things. On a good day, I can complete a Sudoku challenge just fine.

Unfortunately, on days where my visual processing is especially acting up it can make it rather difficult. I was once filling out a Sudoku board and a nine kept on moving across the page. This happened three times. At one point I thought it was in the top right corner, then it moved to the middle section, then it went to the bottom left. I kept getting confused and crossing out numbers to account for the nine's new locations. There are days where my brain acts in this way, moving numbers about...skipping lines, reading the same line, accidentally reading the previous lines...sometimes I use something to block out the rest of the information to solely focus on the part I'm reading if I'm having a day where it's particularly acting up. On others it isn't an issue at all.

Angel 6
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2020, 10:43 am

Skilpadde wrote:
I am no good with jigsaws and also lack patience.

It's usually the same with numbers, although I like the not too hard 6 digit sudokus.

Word puzzles can be fun, I play some both on my DS, Switch and in mags.

I also like puzzle games like Tetris and Subara City. The latter is very relaxing,as is Solitaire and Mahjong

I am basically the exact same as you :) I do a word puzzle on my DS every day to keep the grey matter ticking over.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 4:57 pm

Crossword Puzzles!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2020, 6:26 pm

Love word puzzles as well as 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2020, 6:31 pm

I do!! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2020, 12:23 pm

I'am not very good at word or number puzzles don't always understand them but the jigsaw ones are great.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:51 pm

I love crossword puzzles and word games.