Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

redchidragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2020, 3:17 pm

I've not been the best worker. My temper and lack of social skills have gotten the best of me. How do I turn it around???

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 8:23 pm

Telecommute

Work in jobs that do not involve too much interaction

Confused_Sloth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2020, 3:00 pm

How to turn a situation around requires a lot more information about the situation, or else you'll just get general advice that may or may not apply to your specific situation.

I assume you got angry, yelled or insulted somebody. I suppose the first thing to do would be to apologize (textbook). If that's not an option, attempt to restrain your temper for a while (wait it out). Maybe focus on your job and prove despite your lack of tact or social skills you are an invaluable worker (appeal to boss).

Again, this is rather general advice that may or may not be helpful depending on your situation. Who you are, what happened, what you're able to do, are very important things to consider.

I was not the best worker, but I tried and produced some results. Also when I left I then sent a letter to all of my co-workers thanking them for all they taught me, putting up with my short-comings, and that I wished them all the best.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2020, 7:27 pm

I would do is try to develop a filter and think about what you are saying before letting the words come out. I know it can take a little work but I believe you can do it

Try to do some thing nice for your coworker bring in breakfast or something if that is permitted.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 4:43 pm

redchidragon wrote:
I've not been the best worker. My temper and lack of social skills have gotten the best of me. How do I turn it around???

Constant and steady effort. I have a bad temper and tend to be awkward and 'out of place' socially. There's no 'turning it around', just constant effort to be slightly better than I've been, typically with lots of 'falling off' and 'getting back on'.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う