Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 May 2020, 12:13 pm

questor wrote:
7. Some of my allergies cause terrible phlegm issues, which cause me to cough a lot to clear out my wind pipe. I used to treat it with just menthol cough drops, which helped a little, but several years ago the problem got worse, so I started taking an over-the-counter allergy med to help with it, and it did, but lately I've been having a real flareup of excess phlegm, so a couple of days ago I started taking the allergy med more often, and that's helping more now. I still take the menthol cough drops too, to help boost the effect of the med when it's starting to wear off.
I have allergies & phlegm issues too. I take the antihistamine Xyzal/Levocetirizine daily. I also take a med called Singulair/Montelukast daily. Singulair is kind of a preventive med for allergies & asthma. I take it mostly for allergies but my girlfriend takes it for both issues. She tried going off it last year cuz she wasn't sure if it was helping & she didn't wanna be on it if it wasn't. We both noticed her asthma got worse so she started back on it after a bit. Singulair requires a prescription & has to be taken long term but it might be something to consider adding on depending on if you see docs anyways & if you have good med coverage with your insurance.

I might have sleep apnea. My girlfriend & psychiatrist suspect I do but I'd have to discuss this with my GP & then I'll need a referral for a sleep study. I'll make an appointment with her 1ce it won't have to be a telehealth appointment but there may be other things to discuss with her 1st.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 3:58 pm

Everything I said before plus maintaining enough energy and ambition to keep living. I really don't enjoy it but it's one of the few ways I haven't disappointed those around me yet.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 4:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Everything I said before plus maintaining enough energy and ambition to keep living. I really don't enjoy it but it's one of the few ways I haven't disappointed those around me yet.

I'm here recently but I feel like I am kind of disappointing people with my job performance, maybe even a little. I can't tell if this is imagined by me, or I'm picking up on it. I don't know. Nobody's directly said anything, I just feel overwhelmed and like I can't get a grasp on anything, personal or professional. I'm ready to be done with everything for good.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 5:19 pm

martianprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'm here recently but I feel like I am kind of disappointing people with my job performance, maybe even a little. I can't tell if this is imagined by me, or I'm picking up on it. I don't know. Nobody's directly said anything, I just feel overwhelmed and like I can't get a grasp on anything, personal or professional. I'm ready to be done with everything for good.

I know that feel.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う