Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Graceling
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2020, 10:37 am

What do you find you struggle with most in daily life?

I forget to eat all the time, I don't drink enough water, and when I was working from home I frequently forgot to shower or wash my hair (or even put on real clothes sometimes). I set things down without putting them away and they just pile up - if I'd pick up after myself every day, I'd be in better shape, but I can't seem to remember to do it. I also forget to take out the trash every week, or go grocery shopping, or do the laundry (until I'm out of clothes).

If you could have a checklist to remind you what you need to do every day or week or month, what would you want to have on it?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 11:08 am

Graceling wrote:
What Do You Struggle With Most Day To Day?
Resisting the urge to slap the face of some idiot who really deserves it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 11:42 am

I have trouble getting organised. I have ADHD

Graceling
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2020, 12:19 pm

I have ADHD too, and lists and whiteboards are my best friends! I seriously have a paper planner, a To-Do list app on my phone, and 2 whiteboards on my freezer- one weekly schedule and one for notes/grocery list.

Do you have more trouble keeping track of dates/times, things to do, or do you mostly lose things?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 3:50 pm

It can be contradictive with me. Like I am good at remembering everyone's birthdays, but I have to keep reminding myself (or getting others to remind me) that it's someone's birthday coming up, as I'm always losing track of the dates. I can remember dates like Mother's Day or something because it's easy to be reminded when you go into shops just by the displays.

I never hang my keys up because that is just asking for huge problems - i.e., going out without my keys and locking myself out. :lol: So I just keep my keys in my bag because I know I won't go out without my bag.
I'm bad when it comes to owing people money, because I often forget to get money out of my account to give to them. So I have to write that down.

I'm also distracted very easily. Like yesterday I got out a glass ready to pour a drink, then I got distracted by something or other, and I'd unconsciously put my glass down where I couldn't find it. It wasn't in the kitchen where it should have been, and me and my boyfriend looked everywhere. We found it in the end - on top of a box that was behind the (open) door to the lounge. I don't remember putting the glass down there, also I had no reason to put a glass there. :lol:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 5:19 pm

Paying attention

Anxiety

Depression

Cash

Grudges

Anger

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 5:26 pm

executive function and energy

starting / finishing things that are overwhelming

anything to do with organising paper or complex paperwork

avoiding trauma triggers

agoraphobia and mutism

avoiding sunshine, lights, repetitive sounds, sensory overload

patience

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 5:37 pm

Stopping a special interest so I can

Go on to another special interest
Do necessary tasks
Go to bed

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 6:18 pm

I'll write mine in a list too...

- Organisation

- Motivation to do things I dislike

- Cooking big meals

- Getting up in the mornings

- Remembering to house-clean

I think a small part of my problems here is laziness (I'm NOT saying it is for others on the spectrum), but most of it is caused by forgetfulness, disorganisation and not having a fixed routine.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 4:24 am

It boils down to doing boring stuff that are not urgent.
Cleaning house, washing clothes, paying bills, washing dishes, mowing the lawn, trimming the hedges, buying new clothes, changing bed linens...
In many cases, my procrastinations causes things to build up, and become overwhelming.
I'll do it later.
I'll do it later.
I'll do it later.
Oh crud, this is too massive, I'll do it some other time.
I should do it now, but there's this youtube clip I want to watch first.
I'll do it tomorrow.
Next week-end I'll do it.
No water? Guess I'll have to shower at work until I get around to paying the outstanding bills.
Perhaps a bigger problem, or maybe not, is that people don't understand and just thinks I need to get my act together, which actually may be true...

/Mats

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 4:39 am

Existential dread/fear of inhabiting space.
Communication.
Understanding and conforming to expectations/rules/etiquette.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 5:20 am

Trying to fix a problem of my making

Tolerating the irritating habits of others

Forced interaction with others when I really, really don't want to communicate with them

Tolerating irritating noises such as beeping

Graceling
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2020, 1:26 pm

mohsart wrote:
It boils down to doing boring stuff that are not urgent.
Cleaning house, washing clothes, paying bills, washing dishes, mowing the lawn, trimming the hedges, buying new clothes, changing bed linens...
In many cases, my procrastinations causes things to build up, and become overwhelming.
I'll do it later.
I'll do it later.
I'll do it later.
Oh crud, this is too massive, I'll do it some other time.
I should do it now, but there's this youtube clip I want to watch first.
I'll do it tomorrow.
Next week-end I'll do it.
No water? Guess I'll have to shower at work until I get around to paying the outstanding bills.
Perhaps a bigger problem, or maybe not, is that people don't understand and just thinks I need to get my act together, which actually may be true...

/Mats

This. Is. Me!

I set something down saying "I'll take care of that in a minute" and then 6 weeks later it's still there and covered with 6 weeks' worth of other stuff I was going to get to in a minute!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 1:45 pm

apathy

holding a job

making phone calls

deep breathing

small talk

bowel movements

itchy, eczema

homophobia

paranoia

eating too much

sensitive hearing

hatred

rage

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Mar 2020, 10:43 pm

I struggle with going to bed on a consistent schedule. Me & my girlfriend are both night people & we tend to stay up late at night. However we have to be up during the day for lots of things like appointments & going shopping. We sometimes go to bed after supper & our supper is like 5 in the morning & eat breakfast after we wake up like 9 hours later which means we're eating breakfast at like 5 in the afternoon. Other times we need to be up early & we're tired later that day so we go to bed after lunch & sleep for like 3 to 5 hours & then wake up to eat supper & go back to bed sometime after that.

Another thing I struggle with is not yelling/snapping at my girlfriend. She gets anxious & upset very easily & takes things out on me that have nothing to do with me & I struggle with biting my tongue. I feel I get stressed out & angry very easily & I wanna snap/yell at Cass when she starts freaking out or getting upset over something. I started seeing a psychiatrist & he prescribed a new med that I'm gonna start taking in a couple nights so hopefully that'll help.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 7:38 am

1. Sensory overload (especially human-produced noise).
2. Executive functioning (completing tasks, remembering where I'm supposed to be at a given time, etc.).
3. I don't have much social interaction except with a small number of people who accept my eccentricities, so that's not a big problem.