A Muslim Politician Pays Medical Bills For A Conservative Co

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 6:27 pm

Full Title:
A Muslim Politician Pays Medical Bills For A Conservative Constituent

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/politician-helps-pay-medical-debt-for-man-who-sent-racist-tweets/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 4:41 pm

All's well that ends well.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 6:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
All's well that ends well.

I concur.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 6:37 pm

Thank you for posting really uplifting news AA. And for the work you also do consistently greeting and supporting new members. You help make WP a better place by what you do.

I have experienced being the recipient of a much smaller (but very meaningful) act of kindness this week: when the news came out here that the kind of non-addictive painkillers (which I need to take every day) were no longer available due to people who had bought up vast amounts, someone couriered me all that they had left.

We need good news to balance out the doom and gloom which is currently prevailing, to remind us that there are still good people and good things happening to people.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 6:43 pm

B19 wrote:
Thank you for posting really uplifting news AA. And for the work you also do consistently greeting and supporting new members. You help make WP a better place by what you do.

I have experienced being the recipient of a much smaller (but very meaningful) act of kindness this week: when the news came out here that the kind of non-addictive painkillers (which I need to take every day) were no longer available due to people who had bought up vast amounts, someone couriered me all that they had left.

We need good news to balance out the doom and gloom which is currently prevailing, to remind us that there are still good people and good things happening to people.

You're welcome and you can PM me whenever you want.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 6:47 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
B19 wrote:

Seconded!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 6:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
B19 wrote:

Seconded!

Can we please stay on topic?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 9:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
B19 wrote:

Seconded!

Can we please stay on topic?

:lol:

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 10:36 am

Seems phony:
How does he know the man is a conservative? This man is likely a Democrat, since he's so into this Democrat candidate.

A 66 year old man is going on social media and making racist statements? Not likely. 66 year olds I know, barely understand how to use computers. Computers didn't exist when they were young.

The 66 year old man is supposedly poor so medical care should be FREE.

At $38,000 income , that is $13,600 taxable minus the standard deduction for couples.

He qualifies for Medicaid.

He never apologizes?

He still hates Muslims?

Be the hero of your life.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 2:13 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Seems phony:
How does he know the man is a conservative? This man is likely a Democrat, since he's so into this Democrat candidate.

A 66 year old man is going on social media and making racist statements? Not likely. 66 year olds I know, barely understand how to use computers. Computers didn't exist when they were young.

At $38,000 income , that is $13,600 taxable minus the standard deduction for couples.

He never apologizes?

He still hates Muslims?

Or are you just looking for excuses to slam a story where human compassion stomps bigotry?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 6:04 pm

And factually unfounded ageist slurs possibly intended to derail this topic. Let's get back to the spirit of the thread now please, without any further attempts to poison the well. Open your own thread in PPR if you want to do that.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 9:31 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Seems phony:

He never apologizes?

He still hates Muslims?

If computers weren’t around when people in their 60’s were young, who do you think developed them? Hint.....

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 9:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Seems phony:

He never apologizes?

He still hates Muslims?

Or are you just looking for excuses to slam a story where human compassion stomps bigotry?

The couple qualify for free medical care, and supposedly have $20,000 in medical debt.

That should be explained.

Be the hero of your life.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 10:37 pm

I bet most of the people on Wrong Planet, if they had enough money to, would do similar for people in their lives. The people here strike me as nicer than people on other forums, and I have a theory that ASD = gifted at morals/being big-hearted, compared to NTs. It's not just all deficits.
Of course, being generous without discernment or to a point you can't afford can lead to big problems.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 11:04 pm

Thread locked via OP request.