Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 11:38 am

If a single person has an income of $99,000 per year or above, that person gets nothing under the proposal.

A sliding scale of less money starts at $75,000 per year for a single person.

What do they mean by “income”? Taxable income, or Adjusted Gross Income? I suspect the latter.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 6:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If a single person has an income of $99,000 per year or above, that person gets nothing under the proposal.

A sliding scale of less money starts at $75,000 per year for a single person.

What do they mean by “income”? Taxable income, or Adjusted Gross Income? I suspect the latter.

This is the Mitch McConnell proposal.

He said income means "adjusted income".

However, there are two types of "adjusted income": Adjusted Income and Modified Adjusted Income.

It's unclear which type he means.

Be the hero of your life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 8:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
^ I thought there might be a catch.

It looks like the "catch" is that the money will be used to help those with lower wages.
Bloody Republicans, always looking after the little guy. :mrgreen:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 11:03 pm

Actually, the 'Corona Plan' Proposed Earlier, Today, Friday, by Republicans in the Senate Paid the Least Amount of
'Corona Benefits' to the Poorest Americans; however, Bi-Partisan Support Won't settle for that 'evil'; TG.

It appears that the Initial Payment may be considerably Higher than $1,000 Or Even $1,200 when
The Final Bill is approved with Bi-Partisan Support; Politicians Can't bite the Hands that Feed them;
for if those Hands starve; they don't get votes.

Yes; the 'Social Welfare State' in America suddenly Receives Extra Credit now when the issue is in the
Trump Back-Yards of Voters too; Like no one would expect that; Sarcasm Fully Intended; the Nature
of the Beast of Greed, Power, And Illusory Status; Always Relative Depending on How one Programs their 'Soul';
Or otherwise Gets Told (Brain-Washed) With Paper Dead Green Stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... omic-plan/

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

HacKING
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Mar 2020, 11:11 pm

I'll give my vote to him for free.

luzzybinnedheart
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Mar 2020, 11:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
What other reason could there be?

Trump Administration Wants to Send Every Worker a Check
Quote:
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said Tuesday he is working on a “very significant economic stimulus plan” to present to Senate Republicans ... He said the plan will involve sending a check to every American worker within two weeks rather than implementing a payroll tax holiday ...
I can see it now ...

"I gave everyone a thousand bucks! A yuge amount! They're so grateful, they're all gonna vote for me, bigly!"

:roll: Really, Mr. trump?

Some, maybe a lot, of countries are doing it.
Scott Morrison, the Australian PM is doing it, and the former Labor Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd famously did it.

I gather you don't like Trump.
Selective criticism, perhaps? 8O

I thought Australians spelled it " LaboUr ". Are you Americanizing your spelling?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 11:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

That's ridiculous. Why can't working people who earn more, pay more taxes, and presumably have bigger expenses for houses and cars, get a supplement if they missed work too? That seems egregiously unfair to me. They should be compensated just like people who earn less. It's all relative.

Anyone who misses work and income should be compensated.

The people who choose to keep working for whatever reason, shouldn't get a supplement on top of their pay. In that respect they are earning double and taking that money from the people who have been disadvantaged.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 1:52 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:

It looks like the "catch" is that the money will be used to help those with lower wages.

Only because liberals and moderate Republicans like Romney twisted the arms of conservatives by shaming them.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 4:24 am

Speaking as a non-American I would like to make it known that if Mr Trump wires £90 sterling to my account daily I will gladly vote for him in all elections I am eligible to do so and he is eligible to stand in. :wink:

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 10:39 am

aghogday wrote:
Actually, the 'Corona Plan' Proposed Earlier, Today, Friday, by Republicans in the Senate Paid the Least Amount of
'Corona Benefits' to the Poorest Americans; however, Bi-Partisan Support Won't settle for that 'evil'; TG.

It appears that the Initial Payment may be considerably Higher than $1,000 Or Even $1,200 when
The Final Bill is approved with Bi-Partisan Support; Politicians Can't bite the Hands that Feed them;

Yes; the 'Social Welfare State' in America suddenly Receives Extra Credit now when the issue is in the
Trump Back-Yards of Voters too; Like no one would expect that; Sarcasm Fully Intended; the Nature
of the Beast of Greed, Power, And Illusory Status; Always Relative Depending on How one Programs their 'Soul';

The poorest only get $600.

Republican Stimulus Plan Gives Less Money to Poor Households
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03 ... hecks.html

"The poorest families, who have no taxable income, would only get $600. The maximum $1,200 benefit wouldn’t kick in until an individual hits $23,500 or a married couple’s income reaches about $47,000".

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 12:07 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Republican Stimulus Plan Gives Less Money to Poor Households
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03 ... hecks.html

"The poorest families, who have no taxable income, would only get $600. The maximum $1,200 benefit wouldn’t kick in until an individual hits $23,500 or a married couple’s income reaches about $47,000".

Note: That's What the 'Mitch Plan' wants but not likely gonna be what is passed;
General Political Consensus 'says' the Poorest are gonna be treated Fair by Popular Demand; sort of like WWJD.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2020, 1:02 pm

Karamazov wrote:
Speaking as a non-American I would like to make it known that if Mr Trump wires £90 sterling to my account daily I will gladly vote for him in all elections I am eligible to do so and he is eligible to stand in. :wink:

Careful. You could end up with Councillor Trump. Or you could get arrested for stealing my joke :wink:

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 5:23 pm

One strange aspect is that they're using your 2018 tax records (2018 income).

You could of made $100,000+ in 2018, and be unemployed today and YOU WON'T QUALIFY.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 6:13 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

Careful. You could end up with Councillor Trump. Or you could get arrested for stealing my joke :wink:

:lol: ah! Not really surprising that that witticism had occurred to someone else come to think of it! :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 6:22 pm

aghogday wrote:

I don't have time researching this particular American political situation, because I am consumed with panic over climate change, err, I mean the coronavirus apocalypse. :mrgreen:

But you tell me if my assessment is correct.

I'm a reductionist by nature.
Isn't the bottom line that those with lower wages will get financial benefits but that those who reach a higher income threshold will not?
I honestly don't know because I am under the bed, hiding from that virus mutha. 8O :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 6:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Only because liberals and moderate Republicans like Romney twisted the arms of conservatives by shaming them.

I get it.
All conservatives are bad. :mrgreen:
But as I said previously, what is the situation now?
I am interested in what is happening *now*.

If you don't know by now, let me say again, I am non-partisan.
I am interested in a rational and objective assessment.
I am interested in the Truth, rather than defending a political position.
A partisan mindset is not. :wink:

luzzybinnedheart wrote:

I thought Australians spelled it " LaboUr ". Are you Americanizing your spelling?

Nope.
It is the Australian "Labor" Party.
Follow this link: https://www.alp.org.au/

TheRobotLives wrote:
aghogday wrote:

I'd like them to get more.
It is *not* my money, after all. :wink:

Is it true that the wealthy get nothing?
If so, so it should be the case.