Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 6:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
^ I thought there might be a catch.

It looks like the "catch" is that the money will be used to help those with lower wages.
Bloody Republicans, always looking after the little guy. :mrgreen:

Only because liberals and moderate Republicans like Romney twisted the arms of conservatives by shaming them.

I get it.
All conservatives are bad. :mrgreen:
But as I said previously, what is the situation now?
I am interested in what is happening *now*.

If you don't know by now, let me say again, I am non-partisan.
I am interested in a rational and objective assessment.
I am interested in the Truth, rather than defending a political position.
A partisan mindset is not. :wink:

luzzybinnedheart wrote:

I thought Australians spelled it " LaboUr ". Are you Americanizing your spelling?

Nope.
It is the Australian "Labor" Party.
Follow this link: https://www.alp.org.au/

TheRobotLives wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Actually, the 'Corona Plan' Proposed Earlier, Today, Friday, by Republicans in the Senate Paid the Least Amount of
'Corona Benefits' to the Poorest Americans; however, Bi-Partisan Support Won't settle for that 'evil'; TG.

It appears that the Initial Payment may be considerably Higher than $1,000 Or Even $1,200 when
The Final Bill is approved with Bi-Partisan Support; Politicians Can't bite the Hands that Feed them;
for if those Hands starve; they don't get votes.

Yes; the 'Social Welfare State' in America suddenly Receives Extra Credit now when the issue is in the
Trump Back-Yards of Voters too; Like no one would expect that; Sarcasm Fully Intended; the Nature
of the Beast of Greed, Power, And Illusory Status; Always Relative Depending on How one Programs their 'Soul';
Or otherwise Gets Told (Brain-Washed) With Paper Dead Green Stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... omic-plan/

The poorest only get $600.

I'd like them to get more.
It is *not* my money, after all. :wink:

Is it true that the wealthy get nothing?
If so, so it should be the case.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 6:56 pm

aghogday wrote:
General Political Consensus 'says' the Poorest are gonna be treated Fair by Popular Demand; sort of like WWJD.

Good.
I hope it happens.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 7:03 pm

I live in Canada so he won't even get my vote for free. As if I'd give it at all. Politicians are all scumbags.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 7:17 pm

If Trump is still paying some people the supplement when they refuse to close their business, he would never get my vote.

Sly's place of employment is still selling guns and ammunition and making fun of state rules that they are supposed to close. I guess they get business gains from the paranoid people who want to shoot TP thieves, as well as a supplement. I know of many other nonessential US businesses that refuse to close, and their owners / staff are taking supplements on top of their regular wage.

Meanwhile, those on disability who stay home and follow orders get less.

I'm not American but that made me sick.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 7:23 pm

@Pepe: Trump's unpreparedness cost lives before the COVID outbreak & it continues to.

What are you really playing at? Defending a criminally negligent president on the other side of the planet? Why?

Pandemics don't care about your edgy political zero sum game.
:eew:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 8:35 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Actually, the 'Corona Plan' Proposed Earlier, Today, Friday, by Republicans in the Senate Paid the Least Amount of
'Corona Benefits' to the Poorest Americans; however, Bi-Partisan Support Won't settle for that 'evil'; TG.

It appears that the Initial Payment may be considerably Higher than $1,000 Or Even $1,200 when
The Final Bill is approved with Bi-Partisan Support; Politicians Can't bite the Hands that Feed them;

Yes; the 'Social Welfare State' in America suddenly Receives Extra Credit now when the issue is in the
Trump Back-Yards of Voters too; Like no one would expect that; Sarcasm Fully Intended; the Nature
of the Beast of Greed, Power, And Illusory Status; Always Relative Depending on How one Programs their 'Soul';

Republican Stimulus Plan Gives Less Money to Poor Households
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03 ... hecks.html

"The poorest families, who have no taxable income, would only get $600. The maximum $1,200 benefit wouldn’t kick in until an individual hits $23,500 or a married couple’s income reaches about $47,000".

Six hundred is still six hundred.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 8:37 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
^ I thought there might be a catch.

It looks like the "catch" is that the money will be used to help those with lower wages.
Bloody Republicans, always looking after the little guy. :mrgreen:

Only because liberals and moderate Republicans like Romney twisted the arms of conservatives by shaming them.

I get it.
All conservatives are bad. :mrgreen:
But as I said previously, what is the situation now?
I am interested in what is happening *now*.

If you don't know by now, let me say again, I am non-partisan.
I am interested in a rational and objective assessment.
I am interested in the Truth, rather than defending a political position.
A partisan mindset is not. :wink:

luzzybinnedheart wrote:

I thought Australians spelled it " LaboUr ". Are you Americanizing your spelling?

Nope.
It is the Australian "Labor" Party.
Follow this link: https://www.alp.org.au/

TheRobotLives wrote:
aghogday wrote:

I'd like them to get more.
It is *not* my money, after all. :wink:

Is it true that the wealthy get nothing?
If so, so it should be the case.

When conservatives give the poor the shaft, then yes, they are bad. And I know their record concerning their treatment of the poor, and that most of them wouldn't help those in need unless they were pressured to.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 11:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

When conservatives give the poor the shaft, then yes, they are bad. And I know their record concerning their treatment of the poor, and that most of them wouldn't help those in need unless they were pressured to.

Neutral serious consideration, here.

What I find odd about your statement is that you talk about "most conservatives".
I was under the impression that a hell of a lot of conservatives over there in Amerikaare "god fearing individuals", meaning they are religious people.

Over here in Australia, most religious people are very decent, if somewhat misguided, individuals.

My assumption is that most religious people vote Republican.
Is this correct?
And if so, how do you reconcile what you have said with what I have said?

<serious mode off> :wink:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 12:19 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What I find odd about your statement is that you talk about "most conservatives".
I was under the impression that a hell of a lot of conservatives over there in Amerikaare "god fearing individuals", meaning they are religious people.

Over here in Australia, most religious people are very decent, if somewhat misguided, individuals.

Is this correct?

Look I'm not going to sugarcoat this man: stay the hell out of elections that aren't your concern, doing otherwise as you are is creepy.

I have my doubts about the origins of your political bent.

Conservatives are all bad if they're failing to represent people they claim to govern by the numbers. That's oligarchy, not democracy.

Last edited by cberg on 22 Mar 2020, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 12:22 am

I'm tired of people capitalizing on death under the guise of being shrewd.

Oh sue me about it already. :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 12:27 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Is this correct?

I'm a churchgoer, and I aint a conservative.
With aligning themselves with the secular right, religious conservatives are more likely to blame the poor for being poor, are judgmental of those they don't approve of such as gays, liberals, believers in evolution, etc, all the while embracing the Godless theologies of the prosperity gospel and dominionism.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 4:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Is this correct?

With aligning themselves with the secular right, religious conservatives are more likely to blame the poor for being poor, are judgmental of those they don't approve of such as gays, liberals, believers in evolution, etc, all the while embracing the Godless theologies of the prosperity gospel and dominionism.

Got it. :thumright:
All conservatives are bad,
*Including* the religious ones. :wink:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 5:08 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Is this correct?

Got it. :thumright:
All conservatives are bad,
*Including* the religious ones. :wink:

Not at all. Just those who don't live their faith when it comes to loving the least among us.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 6:34 am

Pepe wrote:
aghogday wrote:

I don't have time researching this particular American political situation, because I am consumed with panic over climate change, err, I mean the coronavirus apocalypse. :mrgreen:

But you tell me if my assessment is correct.

I'm a reductionist by nature.
Isn't the bottom line that those with lower wages will get financial benefits but that those who reach a higher income threshold will not?
I honestly don't know because I am under the bed, hiding from that virus mutha. 8O :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mc_OM5oNA8

Under the initial plan the Homeless who don’t have the Mental resources to find help Navigating the Paperwork World get nothing and Starve to death, for people are not allowed to get close enough to reach a Hand-Out of Love; but of Course
As ‘the Orange Grinch‘ says when the
Rich who successfully Worship the
‘God of Mammon’ receive their
Corona Test First that’s his
‘Story of Life’ in A Real
Living Hell Behind
An Opaque Window
That ‘Sees’ No Room
Of Heaven With Love; More-
Over, Scientists View the Origin
Of Corona From The Human Cultural
Virus that Continues to Rape and
Pillage; Maim And Kill; taking away
the Home, the Earth, the other Wild
Life inherits, Breathes; out of Balance
Taking more than Giving;
Corona is just the Karma
Of the Evolution of
Balance; as ‘We’
‘Know’, Nature
Outwits
Those
Who
‘Think’ (Us);
As Science Shows,
Tons more Karmic
Proof coming; Corona,
Just the Tip of the Iceberg;
You cannot eat Money; when
The Virus Comes that Kills
Half the Human Species, it
Will Seem more like ‘Soylent
Green’ with Folks ‘Crapping Green’;
Nature is Patient; Karma ‘No Time’;
Meanwhile,
i Dance And
Sing Shiva
And Kali,
Hands
And Feet; Welcome
Back Pepe, ‘the Human
Story’ in Deed of Karma Real..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 3:58 pm

I don't even think Trump matters in this unless he did his best to push it through in which case we can give him a mild thank you.

I think sweetleaf said it well earlier - it's not like this is all him, it's just happening while he's president. The only thing we at least can't accuse Trump of is being a libertarian or ancap.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 4:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I don't even think Trump matters in this unless he did his best to push it through in which case we can give him a mild thank you.

I think sweetleaf said it well earlier - it's not like this is all him, it's just happening while he's president. The only thing we at least can't accuse Trump of is being a libertarian or ancap.

Forgive me, but what's an ancap?