As a gay person, do you have crushes on straight people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2020, 1:31 pm

Whether you are a gay man or gay woman, do you ever have crushes on people you know you could never have? I am a gay guy and I have lots of crushes on guys that would never in a million years feel the same way about me. I will admit that I am a bit shallow. We are all shallow to an extent. Looks are what turn people on the most. For me, looks are very important. I don't care whether a guy is gay or not. Hot is hot to me. I am not big into feminine guys. I like young, masculine guys. Most masculine guys are straight. All the guys that I have tried to befriend over the years have all been guys that I have had crushes on. I know that I could never have them romantically, but I tried to make friends with them so I could at least be in their presence. It is a challenge being gay and autistic because my social skills suck and it is hard for me to express how I really feel. I have hung out with guys who have tried to get me to talk to girls and make out with them, when in turn I would rather make out with my guy friends who are trying to set me up with girls.

jogncartman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2020, 3:58 am

It happens sometimes and it really hurts

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm

Well I'm a straight guy but I kind of have a thing about Leisha Hailey even though she is lesbian.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 5:28 pm

My exbf was a gay man. He had it hot for Jennifer Aniston. Oh, and lots of straight men too.

vaguelyhumanoid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Mar 2020, 4:49 pm

Oh, it certainly happens. It's a common tragedy, and definitely one I've played my part in too many times. I would recommend the movie My Own Private Idaho for an all-too-real look at this phenomenon expressed thru fiction.

Insertcoolname
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2020, 7:13 am

Just be a good friend. You might be surprised what a lil respect and time can do. But its also likely nothing is gonna happen either...but yeah.... :?
Sexual orientation Labels are just words...
Practice unconditional love

Some homosexuals seem to make sport of ‘turning’ a hetero man. I do not recommend this unless you enjoy meaningless sex and honing your manipulation skills. :shameonyou:

It is quite possible to have an emotional relationship with someone who is interested in the opposite sex.
But not likely...

Don’t fall too hard for anyone and love yourself first.
Good luck.

RAADS:~170

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 5:17 pm

Yup. I've had crushes on straight women before.

Tw1ggy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2020, 2:05 pm

Every TV crush of mine from Casper Van Dien to Hugh Jackman is straight.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 12:25 am

No. I can find anyone attractive in passing, but straight women don't make it to the crush level because attraction to men is unattractive to me.

BlueIris24
Raven
Raven

25 Apr 2020, 10:22 am

I do, but rarely. It's hard for me to get crushes in general and I don't get them often. I can find girls cute or even hot, but it takes a while for me to actually get a crush on them.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

26 Apr 2020, 6:25 am

I'm bi and have been attracted to straight women and gay men. It's not so bad though because knowing they're almost certainly never going to be attracted to me makes me less interested in them than I would be otherwise.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 12:25 pm

All the time. Most of the crushes I've ever had have been straight.

My Tumblr

TomTheTraveler
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2020, 4:12 pm

I am gay and certainly have crushes on straight masculine young guys. A few ended up being actually gay, and as being on the autism spectrum, I was not able to tell. Furthermore, unless I am in an exclusive group that identifies as gay, no one would be able to read that I was gay, even a NT.

Now here is another thing, the crushes I have, are more on the thoughts of envy, and wishing I was like them. No real thoughts of role playing as if they would be my boyfriend. I know that goes further than the question but wanted to clarify my answer further.