Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fenrez
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2009, 10:57 pm

Yeah, kind of like that, but I was envisioning, well, you could "fast travel" (like normal) but since it is a 3D pokemon game, you could ride around on your pidgeotto, etc., and have some intense air battles. It would be kind of like a jet fighter game, but maybe not quite as hard ^^. If you had read the manga, Pokemon Special, it is the basic story of the Red from Pallet Town. However, in the Pokemon battles, the trainer could also attack (using his body and whatnot, some used swords and stuff) and could be attacked. So you could switch between playing as the pokemon in the battle and having a bot play as the character, or be the trainer and have the pokemon be bot. Sorry if I am confusing you lol, but if you wanna check out what I am talking about go to www.onemanga.com and look for pokemon special. One thing I have also really missed about the pokemon games is you do not have hotkeys or anything for the HMs. To me, I get really annoyed everytime I have to go "Go soandso use rocksmash!". Especially when I am solving the puzzles. I wish they would bring back dive to : (. I have a list of ideas I think would be neat to have in the game, so I will post later. Have to go to bed >.<

Aaron_Mason
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 6:34 am

Please tell me you're joking. Dive was an awesome ability, how could they cut that?!?

This only serves to reinforce the need for the community to make the game their own and put the features they want into their own pokemon games, rather than be told what they want by some faceless corporation.

My game had all sorts of features planned, including a fully evolving weather pattern - it could be raining on one part of the island, snowing in the mountains and up north, etc, rather than each area having a set weather pattern.

AS is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

I'm the same as I was when I was six years old - Modest Mouse

Fenrez

21 Feb 2009, 8:54 am

Yeah, that would be sweet! I was always dissapointed how only parts of things rained, snowed, sun beat down, etc... And I said I loved Dive, it was like, one of my favorites because I could go underwater and not have to deal with all the constant pesky trainers >.<
I'll brainstorm some more.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 2:20 pm

RuBoo wrote:
It would be awesome if there was a Pokemon game in full 3D in which you:

Start in Kanto
Kanto starter
Battle Gym Leaders
Battle Elite Four
Unlock Legendaries and Johto region
Go to Johto
Pokemon levels reset (lvl 5)
Johto starter
Johto Gym Leaders
Johto League
Unlock Hoenn region and Johto legendaries
Go to Hoenn
Pokemon levels reset (lvl 5)
Hoenn starter
Hoenn Leaders
Hoenn League
Unlock Sinnoh region and Hoenn Legendaries
Go to Sinnoh
Pokemon levels reset
Sinnoh starter
Sinnoh Leaders
Sinnoh League
Unlock Sinnoh Legendaries and any new regions (unlocked with WiFi)
Go to new regions
Pokemon levels reset
Pattern repeats infinitely

Good ideas except an infinte loop where your derected... and lvl reset... :?

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 2:22 pm

Fenrez wrote:
Yeah, that would be sweet! I was always dissapointed how only parts of things rained, snowed, sun beat down, etc... And I said I loved Dive, it was like, one of my favorites because I could go underwater and not have to deal with all the constant pesky trainers >.<
I'll brainstorm some more.

Actuly a couple of years after G and S came out i was thinking of how cool it would be if you could travel underwater in the next game.........

And even tested the consepts in my pool...LOOOL :P

But then like a year later OMG you could!! !! 8O

Nintendos watching me i know it... :o

Fenrez

24 Feb 2009, 4:51 pm

LOL I so wanted it too. I mean, I loved watching when Ash would grab onto his squirtle and go underwater and stuff, so i pretended to do that all the time on the beach ^^ I loved dive, but now its not in the game any more :'(

Aaron_Mason
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 6:48 pm

Stupid multinational company who doesn't listen to their fans...

I have a much better idea to prevent people from getting level infinity pokemon - give the pokemon a limited lifespan that gets more limited the harder you train it. If you love and care for it, it lives longer.

The only downturn is that it might act as a deterrent from playing at all. In the game, no matter how hard you train pokemon, they live forever.

AS is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

I'm the same as I was when I was six years old - Modest Mouse

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 2:14 pm

Aaron_Mason wrote:
Stupid multinational company who doesn't listen to their fans...

I have a much better idea to prevent people from getting level infinity pokemon - give the pokemon a limited lifespan that gets more limited the harder you train it. If you love and care for it, it lives longer.

The only downturn is that it might act as a deterrent from playing at all. In the game, no matter how hard you train pokemon, they live forever.

They probibly wount think thats a good idea... because the people who love to play will want to train so... "as stated above"

parakoopa

26 Feb 2009, 8:05 pm

Aaron_Mason wrote:
Comet wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
Netish wrote:
there's an online pokemon site =) www.pokemoncrater.com

i had a look at that..it sounds awesome :D . might play it after i finish raising my Pkmn on pearl.

I played it for a day or two pretty boring and everytime your about to win somebody they either quit the battle or run,

You can't do that in the real game... you see it through until you lose :D

Just like it will be in my game... I'm restarting the project, now that I have some inspiration and a few new ideas, as well as a server to run it on to begin with...

So if anybody wants in, I'll get a forum started somewhere and we'll begin planning.

I'm definitely up for story mode, if anyone else still is.

sounds awesome,
where can you find it

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 4:16 pm

parakoopa wrote:
Aaron_Mason wrote:
Comet wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
Netish wrote:
there's an online pokemon site =) www.pokemoncrater.com

i had a look at that..it sounds awesome :D . might play it after i finish raising my Pkmn on pearl.

I played it for a day or two pretty boring and everytime your about to win somebody they either quit the battle or run,

You can't do that in the real game... you see it through until you lose :D

Just like it will be in my game... I'm restarting the project, now that I have some inspiration and a few new ideas, as well as a server to run it on to begin with...

So if anybody wants in, I'll get a forum started somewhere and we'll begin planning.

I'm definitely up for story mode, if anyone else still is.

WTH is with those shadows??? 8O

sounds awesome,
where can you find it