Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 10:19 pm

To all the autists who have ever been put down for not keeping up with someone else's schedule--now is the time to take pride in your hyperfocusing abilities! Working on one project for 8 hours at a time is a great thing with this paradigm shift to being locked in our houses. I hope parents of autistic kids are appreciating this skill.

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2020, 5:40 am

Yes, I actually do like the hyperfocus aspect, and I get a lot of my art projects done. I structure out my day, and get the necessary stuff and the fun stuff, and I actually like a lot of the alone time that I get. I like people, but too much peopling is draining for me and I need my alone time.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 7:55 am

I wish I could hyperfocus. I don't appear to have that autism trait.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 9:58 am

It's time for me to begin writing again and do some chores I've been neglecting.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 7:26 pm

I've been hyperfocusing on my housekeeping for the past week because of Corona. I've also been hyperfocusing on my hobbies as well.

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Mar 2020, 4:56 pm

Not sure if it's positive if the focus is on possible mortality caused by just this. I also don't understand how people can feel like now is the time to clean (if one ever likes doing such a thing) when mortality is on the horizon... like, what's the point of a clean room in death?

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2020, 10:11 pm

Cleaning is productive, meditative, and never ending which can help with all the time at home. This pandemic is scary, and if it is a tiny bit helpful to be proactive and clean, it's also a way of feeling like I have some control over the situation.

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Mar 2020, 9:23 am

In this sense I try to be realistic as I know that cleaning (unless with appropriate chemicals) won't get rid of this virus if it's there... suppose it can help, but then I think "if I die tomorrow would I have wanted to have spent the previous day cleaning?"

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 8:13 pm

Concerning AS/HFA, I've long-felt that a challenge can be helpful - yet, naturally, I never imagined that anything close to the scope of the current pandemic would be that challenge.

I'm meeting this challenge as best as I personally can muster - that is reassessing my-own life, those people closest personally, trusted news on current events, and of course, with social distancing, & stay at home orders, reassessing the people in my community.

Finally, maintaining hope that I, and many of us will get through the current circumstances, and come-out as better people through our current experiences!