Page 5 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 4:19 pm

EzraS wrote:
Life as usual for me. Except for occasionally eating out.

I'm mostly playing video games on my Xbox all day.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 4:21 pm

Randomosity wrote:
I've gotten a bunch of things done while at home, but I'm starting to get a little restless. I miss at least having the option of going out. I'm also annoyed because our state-wide SAH order has been in effect for a week now and our outbreak is getting worse, not better.

Abbott just issued a statewide order yesterday. We have already been under a local SAH order for 3 weeks, lasting for the rest of the month.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 4:34 pm

I'm annoyed that I can't go to the doctor unless my symptoms are urgent. I made the mistake of asking Doctor Google about brain tumors and now need my doctor to tell me why I probably don't have one (since all Doctor Google is doing is telling me that symptoms I have that I thought had nothing to do with it could actually be signs of a brain tumor).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 8:25 pm

nick007 wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
Jakki wrote:
questionable ...... its getting time to actually start hunting for toilet paper , as i did not hoard any.

Good luck on your quest. They are starting to restock paper towels, so there is a good chance that you might begin to find a roll or two. Remember "The early bird catches the worm."
Very true. Me & my girlfriend buy our TP & paper towels online & we buy the giant packs cuz it cheaper & less hassle. We don't drive & we can only carry so much by bus so ordering big things like TP & paper towels online helps. We still have a bit of TP & paper towels but we were at WalMart last week in the morning & they were stocking TP so we grabbed one of the big packs. It's not one of the two kinds that we really like but we don't hate it either so we thought it best to grab a pack just incase we need it. We'll donate it to my girlfriend's family if we're able to start getting the TP we like before we need what we bought at WalMart. Anyways from what we've seen & from what others like my parents have told us(my parents live in a different part of the country), when looking for the essential stuff like TP, paper towels, & hand sanitizer, it's best to be at the stores rite after they open. BTW incase this helps anyone, my mom just had me order some aloe vera gel off Amazon(my parent's don't make online orders & have me do it for them & they pay me back) that she's gonna mix with alcohol to make her own hand sanitizer since she cant find any. I got an email from the seller giving guidelines on how to mix theirs to make hand sanitizer cuz lots of people are doing that & I forwarded it to my mom of corse. I can give the Amazon link to the aloe vera gel my mom ordered if anyone wants it.

that link might be handy thank you and Thank you alsofor reminding me me to go early am setting a alarm for tomarrow. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Apr 2020, 8:32 pm

Jakki wrote:
nick007 wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
Jakki wrote:
questionable ...... its getting time to actually start hunting for toilet paper , as i did not hoard any.

Good luck on your quest. They are starting to restock paper towels, so there is a good chance that you might begin to find a roll or two. Remember "The early bird catches the worm."
Very true. Me & my girlfriend buy our TP & paper towels online & we buy the giant packs cuz it cheaper & less hassle. We don't drive & we can only carry so much by bus so ordering big things like TP & paper towels online helps. We still have a bit of TP & paper towels but we were at WalMart last week in the morning & they were stocking TP so we grabbed one of the big packs. It's not one of the two kinds that we really like but we don't hate it either so we thought it best to grab a pack just incase we need it. We'll donate it to my girlfriend's family if we're able to start getting the TP we like before we need what we bought at WalMart. Anyways from what we've seen & from what others like my parents have told us(my parents live in a different part of the country), when looking for the essential stuff like TP, paper towels, & hand sanitizer, it's best to be at the stores rite after they open. BTW incase this helps anyone, my mom just had me order some aloe vera gel off Amazon(my parent's don't make online orders & have me do it for them & they pay me back) that she's gonna mix with alcohol to make her own hand sanitizer since she cant find any. I got an email from the seller giving guidelines on how to mix theirs to make hand sanitizer cuz lots of people are doing that & I forwarded it to my mom of corse. I can give the Amazon link to the aloe vera gel my mom ordered if anyone wants it.

that link might be handy thank you and Thank you alsofor reminding me me to go early am setting a alarm for tomarrow. :D
Here you go https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2020, 3:29 pm

Critical thinking gets a further boost, becoming more and more resourceful, innovative, and mostly that mundane day-to-day improvising.

Spring-cleaning is taking on a whole new meaning; never been so excited to locate such mundane/forgotten supplies in the bathroom cabinet - supplies are as follows:

* Two wrapped-bars of above average quality bars of soap in it's original box that held four bars of wrapped soap. Might trade soap-bars for toilet-paper - provided our community gets a kiosk of supplies traded on the honor-system!

* Two rolls of toilet-paper - enough said on this!

* Half-full (I won't mention the term 'half-empty' as I'm being the optimist's advocate) of expired date mouthwash. I apply this to the toilet after..........each use - my toilet never smelled so breath-fresh :lol: ! !

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2020, 10:13 pm

Thanks to advise here am now the proud owner of a coveted 8 rolls of toilet paper. And orders
for aloe on the way .. thank you all

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2020, 10:21 pm

Jakki wrote:
Thanks to advise here am now the proud owner of a coveted 8 rolls of toilet paper. And orders

Don't use them all at once!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2020, 10:24 pm

8O

Mountain Goat wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Don't use them all at once!
:oops:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Apr 2020, 12:46 am

Jakki wrote:
Your Welcome. I'm glad I could be of help :D

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Apr 2020, 3:05 am

Great.
I contracted pharyngitis.
AFAIK, the corona does not cause pharyngitis, it must be some other virus, most likely one I already had - I had runny nose for all this time.
Now the disturbance in routine and insufficient sleep got me.

Funny thing: the first symptom of pharyngitis I felt was - return of suicidal thougths. They are my general, non-specific alarm for insufficient rest.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 3:48 pm

Lately, days have been marked by extremes of sorts; that is some days (like today) I'm quite active, and busy. Other days, I'm slow, and grappling with the challenges of whether or not to do any specific activities.

I'm also mindful of noting specific sleep dreams; as sometimes noted in following WP threads:

Extremely Vivid Dreams:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=370959

Any Interesting Dreams Lately?:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=385906&p=8483244#p8483244

traven
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 1:14 am

it seems i have even more doing everything myself going on,
my tires feel wobbely or is it the road?
i had had to buy four new tires in autumn, the central scrutiner doesn't allow one tire to be sold, f* *f* *f* f*
as far as things don't fall apart any further, i have a trauma (it seems easy these days) about breaking things and getting smacked in the face
:skull: :skull:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 12:51 pm

muddling on but not really ok......this praticing of imposed isolationism does not bode well for me.
hope all the rest of you make it through ok . :|

questor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2020, 5:06 pm

Quarantine? Quarantine?! What quarantine? I have health issues that keep me at home almost all of the time, and I am an introvert who lives alone, so this is normal for me. Thanks to having been without power for over 5 & 1/2 days at the beginning of 2005, due to snow and ice storms, I developed a strong interest in being prepared, so I have a stockpile of some of the dry goods I need, and one of my brothers picks up a few groceries for me when he does his own grocery runs. He lives in a nearby town, and sometimes shops over near me, so it is easy for him to stop by to drop off the stuff he picks up for me. It gives him a chance to check on me, and also to vent to me. He and my other brother are co-owners of a house, but aren't buddy brothers, so he sometimes needs someone to talk to, and I've become a sort of captive audience. Fortunately, the house they share has a second smaller kitchen upstairs, and there are bathrooms on both floors, so one of my brothers lives upstairs, and the other lives downstairs, which makes the situation work out for them.

Anyway, I'm used to being alone almost all of the time, and prefer it, so the quarantine hasn't made any real changes for me, except it's now impossible to buy facial tissues and TP online for home delivery. Fortunately, my brother was able to pick up a TP bundle and a 3-pack of regular-sized boxes of facial tissues for me last week when he was picking up some groceries for me. :D

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2020, 9:30 pm

so now i remember this diabocle, In my late middle to late teens this wasonce a familiar way of life.
isolation was a standard.. am realizing this is just a different pattern of life had not seen for a very long time. Now am yet still faced with big life decisiions anyway,, but have to deal with it in a older body. am wondering if previous way of life will ever return.?