Participants needed! Would be so grateful for your help!

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sophielouise
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Mar 2020, 1:51 pm

Great questions.[/quote]

Hi! Here is a copy and pasted version of the information sheet included at the start of the study. If you would be interested in taking part then I would really appreciate it! :D

You are invited to take part in a psychological study as part of an MSc Forensic Psychology Project at Newcastle University. The study is being supervised by Dr Marc Woodbury-Smith.

This study was approved by the Faculty of Medical Sciences Research Ethics Committee, part of Newcastle University's Research Ethics Committee. This committee contains members who are internal to the Faculty, as well as one external member. This study was reviewed by members of the committee, who must provide impartial advice and avoid significant conflicts of interests.

This research is aimed at understanding the link between the nature of interests and contact with the Criminal Justice System among individuals with autism, whilst also studying feelings of anger. This will involve completing an online questionnaire which is split into four sections, and should take around 20 minutes to complete.

You are reminded at this stage that participation in this research is entirely voluntary, and you have a right to withdraw at any time without having to state a reason. Some questions or statements posed in the study could be viewed as sensitive in nature, such as those surrounding potentially illegal behaviours. Therefore, if you feel uncomfortable with any of the questions, you may refrain from answering. Any responses which you give will remain entirely confidential, whereby data will be completely anonymised and stored securely. Only the researchers will have access to your responses. The information you provide will be used as part of a thesis project, but may be written up for scientific publication in a completely anonymised format. You will not be identifiable and would be in no way traceable should any data be published. At the end of the questionnaire, you will be shown a full debrief, which will explain the aims of the research in more depth.

Please only complete this questionnaire if you are an adult with autism over the age of 18.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 6:11 pm

I wouldn't worry about data leakage, friends, but I think that the only result will be meaningless statistics. The survey does not distinguish between going to court for a traffic fine vs capital crime. I think we are only embellishing a misunderstanding with statistics to give it an aura of legitimacy.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 6:14 pm

Do you have permission for posting this, from Alex Plank and / or the moderators?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Apr 2020, 8:13 am

As others have alluded to, usually we only allow studies and such when Alex Plank (owner and administrator) has granted prior permission.

I don’t think Alex currently responds to requests.

It seems people have been made suspicious as you originally could not include the link as you were a new user.

Your study seems entirely above board, although I have not yet reviewed the contents of the link. You have a disclaimer, an ethics statement, statements on data handling, and so forth.

Given that, I am inclined to just let this go.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 8:16 am

Thank you, Walrus.  I'll take that as official approval.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sophielouise
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Apr 2020, 8:44 am

The_Walrus wrote:
As others have alluded to, usually we only allow studies and such when Alex Plank (owner and administrator) has granted prior permission.

I don’t think Alex currently responds to requests.

It seems people have been made suspicious as you originally could not include the link as you were a new user.

Your study seems entirely above board, although I have not yet reviewed the contents of the link. You have a disclaimer, an ethics statement, statements on data handling, and so forth.

Given that, I am inclined to just let this go.

Hi! I have tried to contact Alex multiple times but haven’t heard anything, but I see other people have posted their studies on here so thought it would be okay. I have full ethical approval for the study as granted by the university so it meets all ethical guidelines, but if you need me to remove the study then please let me know :)