Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HelloHello
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jul 2007, 12:40 am

I just accidentally cced a email intended to a friend to my exboyfriends little sister. In that email, I detail intimate thoughts about not getting people, including never having had a proper relationship wherein people have valued me for me, and not for some utility.

I'm really embarrassed because I don't want my friend who i sent that email to think I am betraying his trust or anything, it was an accident! :oops: :cry:
There are few worse people I could have sent that email to, considering his family hated me at the time, argh! Hopefully it will turn up in her junk email box and that'll be it.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

22 Jul 2007, 2:30 am

HelloHello wrote:
I just accidentally cced a email intended to a friend to my exboyfriends little sister. In that email, I detail intimate thoughts about not getting people, including never having had a proper relationship wherein people have valued me for me, and not for some utility.

I'm really embarrassed because I don't want my friend who i sent that email to think I am betraying his trust or anything, it was an accident! :oops: :cry:
There are few worse people I could have sent that email to, considering his family hated me at the time, argh! Hopefully it will turn up in her junk email box and that'll be it.

I said I was leaving, right? Yep, I'm certainly gone now... Just about, on my way out the door... But, before I step out... Let me relate this experience...

In my last job, I sent an e-mail to my former boss, who had left the company, detailing why I thought he'd left a "huge gap in talent and knowledge", and how I missed his leadership "in leiu of the current crap" I had to put up with. Um, unbeknownst to me, my old boss's e-mail address was setup to forward to my current boss, the one who I was speaking of wrt to a lack of talent and leadership. Oh crap! I didn't realize what had happened at the time. But, a couple of days later, I was, uh, "invited" to come speak with the head of HR. My current boss was there too. Ok guys, what's up?

Ooops, here's a hardcopy of the e-mail I sent my old boss who had left the company. Sorry, my services were no longer "wanted" (stupid of them - I was the most talented and skilled person there). Bye. Haha, talk about an e-mail faux pas. :wink:

So, I left the company, which was some dorky dot.com startup running on venture capital with no business plan which has since gone OUT OF BUISINESS. And, to think, I was planning on trying to build some career there or something (in Florida, which, excuse Floridians, I've always hated), but this prompted me to "go for broke", come to WA state, and get a job with a REAL software company. I was TERRIBLY embarrassed by what happened at the time (even though I was being honest, just as I'm sure you were, HelloHelllo.) In the end, this e-mail blunder ended up being a boon in that it led to a MUCH more lucrative career.

I hope that your e-mail blunder ends up being such a boon, HelloHello. Not quite an intimate relationship thing, but I know what it's like to be embarrassed by and e-mail blunder.

[excessive ramblings redacted]

Good fortune,

- Icarus

Last edited by Icarus_Falling on 23 Jul 2007, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HelloHello
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jul 2007, 3:27 am

Icarus_Falling wrote:

I hope that your e-mail blunder ends up being such a boon, HelloHello. Not quite an intimate relationship thing, but I know what it's like to be embarrassed by and e-mail blunder.

- Icarus

I think the person who it was intended to go to knows I am a since person and that I care about him, and wouldn't betray his trust. What's the worst that could happen? The sister gets the email and passes it on to my ex? The whole family has a laugh? Nothing is in that email that I didn't say to his face... it is more a invasion of privacy and I just hope it doesn't jeopardize my friendship with the person because he doesn't trust me anymore. That's all I care about plus I have a policy of only saying stuff to people that I could live with if it got out. ;)

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

22 Jul 2007, 4:16 pm

Alright, pscychic message received; I've been punished for my sins [more or less]. Read all about it here if you want.

Good fortune,

- Icarus

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

22 Jul 2007, 5:14 pm

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Alright, pscychic message received; I've been punished for my sins [more or less]. Read all about it here if you want.

:lol: That'll learn ya!

Doesn't sound like it ended up too badly in the end.

But aren't you married? Tsk tsk.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

22 Jul 2007, 6:57 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
But aren't you married? Tsk tsk.

gwenevyn, have you been keeping tabs on me? :wink:

Yes, I'm married in waking life; but do not think too ill of me. In all honesty, I've given my wife a link to my profile here, and often encourage her to read my ramblings [in fact, I told her all about that dream before I posted it here, and including the preamble and the epilogue; and I'll encourage her to read this post; it is my blessing that she is, usually, very open minded; I can be a difficult person to deal with, and an order of magnitude more so to be married to].

[excessive ramblings redacted]

Good fortune,

- Icarus

Last edited by Icarus_Falling on 23 Jul 2007, 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HelloHello
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jul 2007, 8:51 am

As a woman, I don't care if you come here or not. However, don't post such rambling posts because I'm not going to read them. :twisted: :lol:

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

23 Jul 2007, 1:13 pm

HelloHello wrote:
As a woman, I don't care if you come here or not. However, don't post such rambling posts because I'm not going to read them. :twisted: :lol:

Haha, sorry, just can't help being me; raw, unfiltered Icarus is something few can stomach; I used to be much more tight-lipped, but I'm too old to care much any more. I really expect that most don't read my ramblings anyway, or listen to me in real life; I'm used to it; I'm not entirely convinced any of you really exist anyway. :wink: Thanks for your honest feedback, HelloHello; sorry for the ruckus.

Good fortune,

- Icarus

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jul 2007, 10:38 pm

Are we still posting embarrassing girl moments? Okay, here's some.

When I was about fifteen, I was wearing one of those wrap-around skirts, (this was in the seventies). Anyway, it was a windy day, and as I passed a group of guys, the wind completely lifted my skirt up around my neck, revealing my undies. I was so embarrassed, that I couldn't turn around to see if anyone noticed. I just quickly pulled the skirt straight, and hurried away. I did hear some whistles, though. :oops:

Another one, worse. I was traveling with a group of other kids on a road trip. We put up for the night in a rooming house. I was in a room full of girls, and decided to loosen the buttons on this nightgown that I was wearing. I slept on my stomach, back then. Anyway, this really cute guy came in early to ask us something, and I sat up to answer, forgetting that I had unbuttoned my nightgown. I was so humiliated, I just pulled the blankets up over my head...

HelloHello
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2007, 6:02 am

Icarus_Falling wrote:
HelloHello wrote:

Haha, sorry, just can't help being me; raw, unfiltered Icarus is something few can stomach; I used to be much more tight-lipped, but I'm too old to care much any more. I really expect that most don't read my ramblings anyway, or listen to me in real life; I'm used to it; I'm not entirely convinced any of you really exist anyway. :wink: Thanks for your honest feedback, HelloHello; sorry for the ruckus.

Good fortune,

- Icarus

Nah its more a case of structure, and clarity of points. i don't mind long posts. Maybe you can use footnotes for non essential information? :lol:

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

26 Jul 2007, 6:18 pm

HelloHello wrote:
Nah its more a case of structure, and clarity of points. i don't mind long posts. Maybe you can use footnotes for non essential information? :lol:

Would you believe that I'm a writer in real life, and actually a rather successful one? :wink: I wouldn't (but it's true - though my editors do become frustrated with me at times); I use this place partly as a playground to see what comes out of my mind when I take my hands off the wheel, and often also to see how people will react when I do so.

Good fortune,

- Icarus

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2007, 7:53 pm

I have a few that I remember, once at the beach, a wave pulled the top of my bathing suit down too far. I've also grabbed what I thought was a pen, only to find that it was a tampon in its wrapper. Probably the worst was when I had a heavy flow and I was wearing light colored pants.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2007, 8:24 pm

In 1997, I had a severe double ear infection that made my whole system go haywire. I pooped my pants while I was sitting at the computer. Thank goodness I was by myself. It would have been very embarrassing if anyone had seen it, as I was 32 years old at the time.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 4:40 am

One of the worst was when my sister was about 16. She'd just had a baby and a number of boys were interested in visiting her. Anyway, this boy from one of the local churches came by and I was talking to him when I noticed he was staring at my chest.

I soon realised with horror that the crossover top of the dress was gaping open, showing my boobs. I excused myself very hurriedly and rushed to my room to change into something else and then I hid in my room until he went home. Talk about embarrassing. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

BigTimeSynesthete
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Aug 2007, 4:28 pm

One day i was wearing a short skirt skirt to school, and didn't realize that it has been at least a month since i shaved my legs. I didn't notice how hairy they were until after lunch time. I looked and was like OMG! how will i be able to hide this? then a girl was like "do you shave?" i said "actually, i usually wax, but i never got around to it." and then this @$$hole boy saw me and was like "Eeeeewwww! you didn't shave! you're ugly!" he kept ranting on and on about leg shaving, until the teacher came and said "She's in for a European style today. There is no need to get disgusted by it." boy i'm so glad the teacher defended me! when i got home, the first thing i did was grab the shaving cream and get shavin'!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 6:07 pm

WOW! I don't ever shave and I neer have anyone be so rude as to make an issue of it.
I did have one annoying girl make a stink when she saw my unshaved armpits and asked me if I didn't shave for feminist reasons.
It has been a while since I was in highschool...I have forgotten how cruel kids can be in regards to alternative views on dress and hygiene.
I recall that in high school I wore opaque tights most of the time anyhow...so it was never an issue.