Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2020, 2:26 pm

The Treasury dept. has complied with a request from senate republicans for documents related to Hunter Biden's ties to a Ukrainian energy company,according to senate democrats.

In the wake of the impeachment acquittal of Trump senate republicans are full speed ahead to investigate Hunter Biden and are looking over documents about Burisma Holdings,a Ukrainian energy company that Hunter once worked for.

Hunter Biden sat on the board of Burisma while his father was vice president and handling diplomacy with the Ukraine.

And we all know the rest of the story that Joesph Biden pushed for the ouster of a Ukrainian prosecutor in order to derail an investigation into Burisma.The investigation into Hunter in continuing,a little slowed down with all the CV problems,but is continuing,according to senate republicans.

The New York Times

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2020, 2:37 pm

We can't pull these damn idiots off each other's throats fast enough to organize them enough to stop the pandemic.

Please stop with your destructive clickbait. :cry:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2020, 2:37 pm

Millions of people could die if we fail to focus on the issues at hand.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Apr 2020, 5:37 pm

Is it normal for the Senate to investigate alleged civilian wrongdoing? Isn’t that usually the job of the police and the justice system?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2020, 6:44 pm

Yes, it's abnormal because these people have habitually confused politics with family business. There is no conservative equivalent to the Kennedys.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2020, 7:23 pm

Fortunately the wheels of justice continue to turn, even in these difficult times. The massive criminality of the Obama administration will be exposed, and hopefully many senior officials will be spending a long time in jail.

There Are Four Lights!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2020, 8:05 pm

Because of course mass incarceration solved all our problems from before. :lol:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2020, 10:06 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Is it normal for the Senate to investigate alleged civilian wrongdoing? Isn’t that usually the job of the police and the justice system?
It shouldn't be normal,but I guess these aren't normal times :?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2020, 1:52 pm

Congress frequently investigates “civilian wrongdoing”—and has been doing so since the beginning.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2020, 10:48 pm

Darmok wrote:
Fortunately the wheels of justice continue to turn, even in these difficult times. The massive criminality of the Obama administration will be exposed, and hopefully many senior officials will be spending a long time in jail.

What massive criminality? Trump's would have been exposed were it not for the compliant Republican controlled senate.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2020, 2:25 pm

This was written back before the coronavirus outbreak. Joe Biden would never stand up to China; his whole family is in China's pocket.

6 facts about Hunter Biden’s business dealings in China

The furor over Trump’s call for Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden’s business has brought the spotlight back to the former second family’s international dealings.

While his Ukrainian business is currently receiving most of the attention, Hunter’s dealings in China deserve at least as much scrutiny.

Trained as a lawyer at Yale, Hunter had primarily worked as a lobbyist and consultant. His previous foray into financial services, Paradigm Global Advisors, was linked to Stanford Financial, a multibillion dollar Ponzi scheme.

In 2009, Hunter co-founded a new venture, Rosemont Seneca Partners. Rosemont and Hunter were given extraordinary opportunities in China while his father was vice president. Here are some key facts:

1. Joe Biden met with Hunter’s Chinese partners days before they established a new investment firm.

[2-5 follow....]

6. It wasn’t an isolated incident.

In 2015, a state-backed real estate conglomerate acquired a controlling stake in Rosemont Realty, a sister company of Rosemont Seneca where Hunter served as an advisor. As part of the deal, the Chinese promised $3 billion for commercial office property acquisitions in the US — a major windfall for the company.

It wouldn’t be Hunter’s last episode with Chinese capital. In May 2017, he met with Ye Jianming, chairman of Chinese energy company CEFC, to discuss investment opportunities in the US. After the meeting, Ye sent a 2.8-carat diamond to Hunter along with a “thank you” card. When, six months later, a CEFC executive was arrested in New York on unrelated bribery charges, his first phone call was to Hunter’s uncle, James Biden. James told the New York Times that “he believed it [the call] had been meant for Hunter” and that “he had passed on his nephew’s contact information.”

https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/6-facts-a ... -in-china/

There Are Four Lights!