Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2020, 10:50 am

https://www.firstshowing.net/2020/official-trailer-for-autism-the-sequel-doc-following-up-years-later/

Quote:
"In some ways, we're exactly where we were." HBO has released an official trailer for a documentary titled Autism: The Sequel, which is (as the title indicates) a sequel to the Emmy-award winning documentary Autism: The Musical from 2007. This new film picks up again with these same people, now adults, and takes another look at their lives and their struggles. The original doc film introduces five autistic children as they work together to create and perform a live musical production. From the same director, Autism: The Sequel weaves together present-day interviews with footage of the subjects and their families shot 12 years ago. The challenges with adulthood are entirely different, of course. The main subjects include Elaine Hall, Adam, Henry, Lexi, Neal, and Wyatt. The doc is premiering on HBO at the end of this month.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

luzzybinnedheart
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2020, 5:08 pm

I was just remembering Autism: The Musical earlier to-day! :D

elmerwoggon
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Apr 2020, 12:10 am

I remember there was a celebrity'skid in Autism:
The Musical, the son of Stephen Stills (of Crosby, Nash ~ and Young).

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 8:46 am

I saw the musical and I would very much like to see this sequel, but I got rid of my HBO streaming subscription. Hopefully it comes to other streaming services like Amazon at some point in the future. I'd like to know how the exuberant boy with the very short hair and big eyes fared in his life as an adult. He was a very happy kid and in the sequel trailer he looks less so.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 1:43 am

The documentary is now airing on HBO, streaming and on demand.

It basically lets the parents and the autistics when possible do all the talking. The documentary spotlights people on different places on the spectrum.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman