Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 6:23 pm

Any advice welcome. I just splurged on supliments. Vit C 1000mg, Zinc complex with vit D and B6, Quercetin tablets. I already have garlic tablets and vit D.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 9:20 pm

Great!

The best thing you can do is focus on what it is you put into your mouth. Fresh (in season) and frozen vegetables are very cheap, loaded with nutrients and low in fat. Avoid eating packaged processed crap. Make sure you get out in the fresh air and are active (local laws permitting) and get lots of sun onto your skin.

Don't neglect your home environment. Open all of the windows each day, vent the house out. Keep yourself and your environment clean. Shower, personal clothing and bed clothes. Wake early each day and walk or jog in the fresh air and look at the rising sun.

Taking good care of both your physical and mental health will do more for you than popping pills.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 1:50 am

Eurythmic wrote:
Taking good care of both your physical and mental health will do more for you than popping pills.

QFT.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 3:00 am

Quote:
News is toxic to your body. It constantly triggers the limbic system. Panicky stories spur the release of cascades of glucocorticoid (cortisol). This deregulates your immune system and inhibits the release of growth hormones. In other words, your body finds itself in a state of chronic stress. High glucocorticoid levels cause impaired digestion, lack of growth (cell, hair, bone), nervousness and susceptibility to infections.The other potential side-effects include fear, aggression, tunnel-vision and desensitisation.

Quote:
Watching a comedy appears to improve blood vessel function, which may help explain why having a good laugh appears to have numerous health benefits. In contrast, investigators found that when viewers watched a disturbing scene from war movies, their blood vessel function appeared to deteriorate, suggesting that mental stress can take its toll on the body. Something “that is easy to do, economical, never been shown to hurt you, is something we should do every day, that is to laugh,”

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 8:43 am

I agree that supplements are no substitute for a good varied diet, exercise and not being too stressed.

I do take Vitamin C - occasionally doubling the does to 2000mg daily if I am feeling as though I may be coming down with something.

I note that they have been experimenting with high dose of Vit C for C.virus suffers in China. No results as yet.

I am either doing myself a little good or simply producing expensive urine...………...

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

questor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2020, 6:14 pm

Don't forget turmeric (curcumin). It's good for boosting your immune system, as an anti inflammatory, and for a number of other health issues. Also, take B complex vitamins to stabilize your moods.

And please make sure to get all, or most of your supplements in capsule or gel cap form. Tablets take too long to dissolve in our digestive tracts, so most of it just ends up being flushed down the toilet.

The only tablet form supplement I still take is potassium, but it's very small, so more of it will dissolve on the way thru my food factory. I also occasionally take aspirin tablets. I used to take several a day for my bad knees, but once I started taking turmeric capsules I was able to cut down on the aspirin, and when I raised the dose of turmeric I was able to stop taking aspirin entirely, except for once in a while.

Hope this helps. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Apr 2020, 7:02 pm

Velorum wrote:
I agree that supplements are no substitute for a good varied diet, exercise and not being too stressed.

I do take Vitamin C - occasionally doubling the does to 2000mg daily if I am feeling as though I may be coming down with something.

I note that they have been experimenting with high dose of Vit C for C.virus suffers in China. No results as yet.

I am either doing myself a little good or simply producing expensive urine...………...
I take half a gram of extended release C 3x a day(1ce with each meal) & I occasionally up it to two pills 2wice a day(breakfast & supper) when I feel like I may be getting sick or my girlfriend is sick for a bit. She takes it 3x a day too cuz she has a weaker immune system & she found she doesn't get majorly sick quite as often. I think it's helping me with that a little as well but I'm not entirely sure. I buy mine off Amazon & the price usually doesn't seem too bad but I could be wrong.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition