Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 9:15 am

Anyone else watched this?

It’s pretty much The pop culture watch right now. (Probably why there isn’t a thread on this forum yet lol)

Anyways, I’ve seen it. Captivating bunch of interesting characters.

And that b***h, Carole f*****g Baskin, definitely killed her husband. Glad to hear the case has been reopened because of all the attention the Netflix docuseries gave it. (I don’t consider this a true spoiler as the reference that Carole killed her husband is on every 2nd meme created sin the last few weeks lol and stating that I think so doesn’t ruin the series at all.)

IMO it’s worth the watch. The more normal your life and friends are, the more captivating these wild people are. But if you have a large social circle of rather wild and crazy free friends like I do, these people don’t seem thaaaat weird - but it was still totally worth the 7 episode watch, which tends to get crazier with each episode.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 9:31 am

Haven't seen it, but have read about it a bit since it's taking up all the media space that's not occupied with the Coronavirus. Seems to be about a bunch of flamboyant and pretty terrible people keeping/abusing tigers. Not sure what to think.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 9:38 am

That is loosely what it’s about.. but there’s just so much crazy crap in the lives of these oddball characters it’s like a 7 episode long train wreck that you just can’t look away from. :lol:

Drugs, polygamy, murder plots, redneck stuff, big cats, strange cult followings, a variety of crimes - all kinds of truly bizarre s**t happens to these people that you couldn’t make up if you tried.

Plus the catch phrases and memes are the best entertainment of 2020 so far.. and with the state of the world, a shared laugh over this pop culture phenomenon is kiiind of exactly what the world needs rn. :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 1:56 pm

Have heard about the show. Looks interesting.

Imagine Dawg the Bounty Hunter, but gay, and as an exploiter of animals instead of human fugitives, and add in a real life murder mystery, some gay and straight polygamy, meth abuse, and then...imagine things getting weird.

revlar
Raven
Raven

09 Apr 2020, 7:44 am

It's so funny that none of the people it's about have a redeeming quality. They're all just terrible people--Carol being the worst. One more episode will be released soon. Within 10 days, Tiger King had 34 million viewers. I initially didn't watch it because I don't find hillbilly TV that interesting, but this story is so insane with so many twists and terrible people. The guy with the long blonde hair and the guy missing his legs are the only two people I was rooting for.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 1:25 pm

I rank Saff up there as one of the better ones for sure. Pretty level headed guy compared to all the rest.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 1:41 pm

Everyone is talking about this and everyone in my family is watching this except for me and I don't think I want to watch it. I'm not really into documentary series unless it's something that interests me and while I have nothing against tigers it's not really a passion. I love the Planet of the Apes movies but I'm not really passionate about apes. If I am avoiding a popular must see TV show is there something wrong with me? because I feel people will think there is something wrong with me for not watching something that's popular

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 1:56 pm

tb86 wrote:
Everyone is talking about this and everyone in my family is watching this except for me and I don't think I want to watch it. I'm not really into documentary series unless it's something that interests me and while I have nothing against tigers it's not really a passion. I love the Planet of the Apes movies but I'm not really passionate about apes. If I am avoiding a popular must see TV show is there something wrong with me? because I feel people will think there is something wrong with me for not watching something that's popular

They’re not watching it because it’s loaded with dry encyclopedic knowledge of tigers. It’s not that kind of documentary. They’re watching it because it’s captivating and entertaining af! It’s loaded with colourful charismatic characters, profanity, weird rocky relationships, drug use and its influences, criminal acts and conspiracies, murder plots of sorts, redneck gays and the weird things you’d imagine they might get up to, guns and shooting, drama etc. It’s not a dry educational documentary, it’s a documentary in the fact that these people and events are Real, but it’s much more like a reality tv series Only way better stories than anyone could possibly make up.

The thing about you not caring about pop culture = autism. That’s it that’s all.

This is the Only pop culture phenomenon tv show thingy I’ve gotten on board with Ever that I cab recall. I don’t even watch tv or movies almost ever at all, well not for the last 7 years or so anyways. I’ve never even owned a tv in my life. But I totally got into this one (watched it on my phone) and don’t regret it. The memes and jokes coming out of it are endless entertainment!

I even ordered a couple “Carole Did It,” decals for my vehicles off some guy on Facebook. :P Too funny.

Two of these:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 2:17 pm

I don’t particularly like profanity myself. I only tolerate it when it’s part of a decent production.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 3:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t particularly like profanity myself. I only tolerate it when it’s part of a decent production.

No neither do I, but I did watch this all the way through. It's the way they talk, it would be really hard to edit all of the cuss words out.

I thought it would be 3 episodes, but it just got more insane with each episode. I kept thinking, this must be the last one, oh this is the last one, what there's another one! Then Jeff Lowe steps in and there's even more insanity.

I don't know what I was expecting. I don't know how there are a load of folks thinking that Joe is some sort of hero of the story. They're all as bad as each other.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 5:00 pm

Oh, Joe probably belongs in jail, yeah.. kinda funny to see the “free Joe Exotic,” people in Facebook groups. Lol he committed a bunch of crimes.. maybe they threw the book at him and sentencing was heavy, but he still committed crimes.

BUT, that b***h Carole f****n’ Baskin definitely killed her husband and deserves to be in jail for her crimes, too.

Annnd, maybe a bunch of the rest of them for lesser crimes. Most of them are dirtbags - and that’s part of what made it such a good watch. 8)