New member here - a researcher in Human Computer Interaction

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

researcher_li
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2020, 5:19 pm

Hello!

My name is Qisheng and I am a PhD student/researcher in Human-Computer Interaction and Accessibility at the University of Washington. My colleague and I are studying how we can improve the design of online tests/experiments and their discussion on forums, like WrongPlanet, to better support communication within the related communities. Our focus is on people with autism, Asperger's, ADHD, BPD or other psychological conditions, so we would love to hear from people here on how they interact with others on online forums!

I just got permission from the moderators to post a recruiting ad about a paid interview study that we are currently conducting. Stay tuned for my next post! :)

Just want to say hi and I am really inspired by how people are willing to help each other here. Our research team would love to make your experience even better.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2020, 1:55 am

researcher_li wrote:
Just want to say hi and I am really inspired by how people are willing to help each other here. Our research team would love to make your experience even better.

Hi there, and welcome on WP! :mrgreen: Nice that you care about the people here.
Guess we need better stats and more subforums regarding the different special problems of the people here. Autism isn't just a single condition with a single reason and a single problem. To find helpful posts regarding special problems even after years we need more specialized subforums. Secondary we need better statisticts.
The polls are a great first step that helps to sort out stuff but they are anything but good enough if it comes to the research of the reasons and treatments of mental problems. Btw. I always struggle at finding old posts to special problems because I can't add a private hierarchy of the threads that I did create or participate. So welcome here! :wink:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2020, 8:20 pm

Hello Qisheng--A pleasure it was talking to you & your colleague. I'm sorry if I rambled a lot but, fellow Aspies, these people are doing some truly interesting work.