Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

VAL.M.MILES
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2020, 3:28 pm

So I looked up the actual definition of femboy and it says
"The slang term “femboy” is used to describe someone who is cisgender, but who do not adhere to the norms of masculinity. Cisgender means that a person identifies themselves as the gender they were born with."
But I'm not so certain of that. I think a trans guy could also be a femboy and the important part is that they are still a BOY/MAN even though they might not act like it. Can a trans boy call himself a femboy?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2020, 6:09 pm

I am by no means an expert, still don't understand a good deal of the terms and such, femboy especially being one I have only heard a little bit of. So considering your question I thought perhaps I could look up what maybe the opposite of a femboy would be, like maybe a reverse of tomboy, although the thread I found was a bit confused in whether it would be tomboy or butch. Some comments I am looking up seem confused by the contradiction, whether the term femboy comes from kink circles that make the definition a little difficult to... um, pull off.

But to be basic in frank, of course a trans guy can call themselves a femboy, there are natural meaning to words other than what we ourselves give them. My god it sounds cheesy, but the big thing I have seen into the foray of varied gender is that everyone is valid as long as they are sincere.

But there are other things that I think might work in regard to a trans boy who might be thinking that femboy fits them. That not everyone's gender is a constant, especially if young or trying to understand themselves, one should not be afraid that they recontextualise their gender in a way that may seem to some as betraying their previous identities. I have seen some of this during my time as especially in regards to the likes of non binary people, that can find themselves detransitioning a little that can find themselves being called traitors for not entirely being their transitioned gender, it is why even in the trans community there are a lot of NB discrimination. But my experience with the Enby (NB) community is that it accepts a broad range where an AFAB person might still dress in kind of feminine ways but still prefer being called "he" and "him".

paper.alien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2020, 7:51 pm

Of course. Being trans is not completely adhering to gender roles, that is a misconception. Being trans is simply not identifying with the gender assigned to you at birth. Even a trans girl can be "masculine" and that's okay. Not because you are trans you have to perpetuate gender roles. You can continue expressing yourself as you really are and nobody has the right to invalidate your gender, much less your rights as a human being.
I am not trans but I know trans people, and I have understood a lot of things thanks to them. I even realized that somehow I am on the non binary spectrum! It's great!