Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 8:55 pm

Where did it come from? I know people need to stay home & social distancing so you won’t have toooo much contract with people, so they won’t sick. I don’t completely understand, what if you not sick, how do people get it. I read you need to wash your hands ALOT & don’t touch your face. I told my friend that I’m low on softsoap,she told me I’m using too much, I told her I have a bladder problems, she don’t care, she got me upset. Can you use dish soap & water to clean groceries? I ran out of wipes. My friend told me that I should buy groceries & put them away, I should wash my hands after I touch them & before I eat. She doesn’t understand, I will forget what I didn’t clean. She making it hard not to talk to her anymore or more less time talking to her, she does buy me stuff, I’m trying to be nice, but she making it hard. She doesn’t understand. My other friend, she understand me, she a NT too, I guess because she has health problems too.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Apr 2020, 2:53 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Where did it come from?
Wuhan, China. It's a bat virus that "jumped" to (probably) pangolins and then to humans. Such "jumps" occur naturally. They are rare, but once successful, they introduce new diseases.

Kitty4670 wrote:
I know people need to stay home & social distancing so you won’t have toooo much contract with people, so they won’t sick. I don’t completely understand, what if you not sick, how do people get it.
Estimated 30% of covid19 cases are symptomless, which means someone has the virus in their body but have no symptoms at all.
Additionally, during the incubation period - after catching the virus but before symptoms - one can spread it.
So, one can have no symptoms but spread the virus. You never know. It might be yourself.

Kitty4670 wrote:
I read you need to wash your hands ALOT & don’t touch your face.
Your mouth, eyes or nose are the "entry points" for the virus.
You touch lots of things with your hands, including surfaces that might contain the virus (doorknobs, railings, etc.)

Kitty4670 wrote:
I told my friend that I’m low on softsoap,she told me I’m using too much, I told her I have a bladder problems, she don’t care, she got me upset.
Maybe she meant you get too much soap for one hand washing? One drop is enough.

Kitty4670 wrote:
Can you use dish soap & water to clean groceries?
Dish soap or shampoo are just as good as "normal" soap.
Yes, you can use dish soap & water to clean groceries.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 1:07 pm

An easy way not to forget to wash any groceries is to simply wash all of them the moment they come into your home.

There’s a great YouTube tutorial by a Doctor on how to do it 100% properly that utilizes a super simple strategy of simply putting all the new stuff on one side of a table or counter and then moving it to the clean side as it’s washed. The put everything away after and you’re good.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 1:12 pm

While your mouth eyes and nose are entry points for viruses, it’s not contracted Just by touching an infected surface and then touching your face. You can get it just by breathing the same air as an infected person beside you, or from them coughing on or near you and you breathing it in. It’s also transmitted through feces so people should avoid breathing/ingesting even trace amounts of fecal matter.

It spreads very easily. That’s why people are supposed to stay 6 feet apart. I read one article that said it can travel 13 feet away from infected patients.

It can also live for several days on hard surfaces. So even if there is no one else around, if you touch a handrail or door knob that’s been infected by someone else touching it and then touch your face you could get it.

This is why people are taking extreme precautions of not gathering in groups or going out in public at all unnecessarily right now.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2020, 6:34 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
An easy way not to forget to wash any groceries is to simply wash all of them the moment they come into your home.

There’s a great YouTube tutorial by a Doctor on how to do it 100% properly that utilizes a super simple strategy of simply putting all the new stuff on one side of a table or counter and then moving it to the clean side as it’s washed. The put everything away after and you’re good.

This what I do with new groceries. It’s funny we have to clean our groceries, I been ordering alot of groceries, less than 18 items at a time, it very hard to clean them. I want to order from one more store,but I’m too tired of ordering, I ordered cat stuff, groceries,pills & more stuff to stock up.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Apr 2020, 7:52 pm

My parents have a room that they don't really use a lot & they put all the non-cold stuff they get in there for a few days & then put it away instead of cleaning it. My parents wash their hands after putting stuff in there. I'm sure it's much easier than washing everything but it really only works if you have the space/room in your house.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2020, 8:47 pm

nick007 wrote:
My parents have a room that they don't really use a lot & they put all the non-cold stuff they get in there for a few days & then put it away instead of cleaning it. My parents wash their hands after putting stuff in there. I'm sure it's much easier than washing everything but it really only works if you have the space/room in your house.

And also assumes that IF there’s any C-19 virus on anything that it will be dead in a few days.

One study of one of the cruise ships said it can live on some surfaces for up to 17 days.

Much better and safer to just disinfect everything you bring into the home to be sure. It’s truly not very much work to disinfect groceries.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2020, 10:00 pm

Did people heard that warm weather can slow down coronavirus?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2020, 10:07 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Did people heard that warm weather can slow down coronavirus?

It’s not guaranteed but it is expected that it will, yes. Just like the seasonal flu slows down in the summertime. Both will ramp back up when the weather gets cold again. Rinse and repeat like every year.